Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Tito
Danny
Barton
crump
8 posters

FIFA 11 - What you need to know

crump
    crump

FIFA 11 - What you need to know Empty FIFA 11 - What you need to know

Post by crump Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:19 am

It's been just under a year, and with FIFA 11 around the corner the fingers of footballers and gamers alike are starting to tingle, just dreaming of netting the last minute goal over their mates on a Friday night. This thread is new features, whats better, and some of my opinions on FIFA 11 so far.

FIFA 11

Release date: 1st October - Europe
    Players:
    1 - 22(Online required)
    Demo: Yes, out on the PSN and XBL Marketplace right now.

Whats New?
    Many features are new to this years installment, I will give brief paragraphs, and what you need to know.

Creation Centre

FIFA 11 - What you need to know Fifa11_CREATION_CENTRE_640x360

What is it?
    Creation Centre is a tool that will provide football fans with the tools to customize content in FIFA 11 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 in new ways. Craft your own football player and create the team of your dreams using a web-based applicationCreate a player by choosing his appearance, accessories and attributes and then create an original team with a distinctive crest and kits, complete with home stadium.

How do I get it?
    It can be obtained by pre-ordering from GAME, codes will come ASAP, or will be avaliable to the public on the 28th September.

Custom Audio

What is it?
    Custom audio enables football fans to assign chants/songs for every team and league available on FIFA 11, let them be echoed around grounds in the introduction to the match, at half-time, full-time or during the game, also have created chants for your Virtual Pro, and also listen to your music from your hard drive.

How do I get it?
    It will be avaliable as soon as FIFA 11 is released in your reigon and you get your paws on it, it will be located under MY FIFA 11 and in the My Music & Chants section of the menu.

Be a Goalkeeper

FIFA 11 - What you need to know PS3_Cech_640x360

What is it?
    Ever wanted to carry your team to glory? Make that post stamp top corner save infront of your mates to keep the lead in the dieing seconds of a match? It's now possible with Be-a-Goalkeeper, alike Be-a-Pro BAG enables you, the player to take control of your chosen keeper, or make your own and train him and take him into the field of action. Enjoy a 15 year career in career mode, start it straight from kick off, or head out online and engage in a 12 vs 12 match.

What are the buttons?
    To play as the goalkeeper, the buttons are: (This is obtained from the arena mode)

You move around have to stick to a gold circle which shows the best position to be in, the ball will follow an orange line, which shows where to dive to stop the goal smashing the net. To spread your keeper and make him big it is RB/R1, X/Square makes your keeper hit the floor or give a more drama. Y/Triangle makes your keeper charge out. In a match you will be able to order your players to shoot, pass or through ball it I believe. With the ball you can, kick it out, throw it out, or drop it with Y/Triangle and start dribbling.

Career Mode

FIFA 11 - What you need to know Career_Mode_latest-News-640

What is it?

Remember Manager Mode? Signing Messi as Arsenal for £50m, playing 2 games in 3 days? Champions League matches in day light? Yeaaah, thats gone now, instead it's now been called the newly revamped Career Mode

Career mode enables you to play as the Manager, Player or a Player/Manager. If you've created a player in the Creation Centre you'll be able to drag them into your team and play with them. The main-menu of CM has a "Premier League esque" about it, the latest news, tables, quotes and latest news.

Whats new?
    Realism. That's whats new, in this years CM you can face the hassle of battling off big names offering millions for your starlet, trying to work against the clock negotiating terms with a big-name move. Or just taking Acrrington Stanley to the big time, fighting for the pounds. When you sign a player it will now be a two-stage thing, agreeing a fee with that player, then agreeing personal terms with the player. When you sim a match on the left of the screen you both line-ups including substitutes and on the right you get a little thing telling you with important events from the match and key events from other matches happening at the same time. When you score, your players get cards or they get injured the left side of the screen updates with the appropriate symbol so you can easily see who has done what and who has been subbed.

FIFA 11 - What you need to know Fifa-11-career-mode-news-v2

When it comes to transfer budgets you can have splits, so you can have 80/20 split with £50 Million to spend and £200K wage budget, change the slider to 60/40 and that may be £40 Million to spend and £250K wage budget. Much more realistic, and it doesn't borrow any codes from previous FIFA manager modes, it's completley new and fresh. Your assistant manager will inform you (Alike FM) when players are in form, so you can include them in squad, what players are starting to punch below the bar, or what you've signed could grow into a complete flop or blossom above the rest. There are of course a ton of other features added into this years new CM, but the show must go on.

Gameplay - my opinion

FIFA 11 - What you need to know Fifa11_ps3_PassingPhysics_619x346

As many of us were waiting as the percentage bar flicked to the right, we were waiting to get our grubby paws on the the first touch of FIFA 11, and what can I say, straight from the start I was amazed. I just felt it was fresh, clean and something new. Straight away getting into the arena it was weird, I weirldy couldn't pull off that easy rainbow flick and finish it with a volley top corner, I ended up with it nearly going out for a throw. The shooting is much better, is it going to dip? Fly into the top corner or smash into the keepers chest, theres a glimpse of unpredictableness with FIFA 11. In the match it was brilliant, the way each players runs, their movements, their actions. The way Iniesta can read Messi's mind as he floats a through ball in, and how Messi gentley caresses it into his metertasles, before whistling past the keepers face into the top corner. The way Drogba will shrug off opponenets, and Pique will do anything to get the ball, wether its bicyle-kicking it away from danger or hooking his legs around the ball to put it anywhere but the back of hit net, the opposition players are more aware of whats happen, and this is why I think it's going to be the best FIFA in years.

Last edited by atastycrumpet on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Barton

Formerly known as : JMB_94

FIFA 11 - What you need to know Empty Re: FIFA 11 - What you need to know

Post by Barton Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:26 am

Thank you for telling us stuff we already know. FIFA 11 - What you need to know 28973
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:30 am

Yeah, I realise that. It's just a summary or what people may have or haven't heard of but want to see it, and if they haven't seen it, it's here. I understand many people on here will find this probably useless, I created it again as just a summary etc.
    Barton

Post by Barton Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:32 am

You but alot of effort into this, its an essay. Are we suppost to grade this or something? FIFA 11 - What you need to know Icon_lol
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:33 am

There's no need to be like that though, is there?
    Barton

Post by Barton Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:34 am

Ok im sorry, thanks for the information. FIFA 11 - What you need to know 284837
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:35 am

FIFA 11 - What you need to know Icon_lol Your welcome! Anytime! FIFA 11 - What you need to know Icon_king
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:08 am

Interesting thumb
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:13 am

I thought players was 1-22?
    Tito
    Tito

Post by Tito Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:57 am

Heard rumours about diving, is this correct?
    Bebe_Fun
    Bebe_Fun

Supports : Itchy Balls

Post by Bebe_Fun Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:06 am

It's only a trait on certain players, you can't control the dive.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:37 am

My mistake yes, it is 22, sorry about that. Yeah, its a trait, but Ronaldo hasn't got it. FIFA 11 - What you need to know Icon_razz
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:38 am

any ideas on what leagues and national teams there will be??
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Don't think much has changed on them fronts. I'm pretty sure NG now has the Russian League, but any other changes would be a surprise.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:02 am

Have we been told how many years the CM modes will run? Nick Cave did a write up on CM and he said that when you start in player mode, you get 7 years as a player, then you are forced into player-manager status (only if you're career has been good enough to that point. Otherwise, I guess you are forced into retirement) and then you play 4 years as a player-manager then you are forced into retirement and you can play 4 more years as a manager.

Do we know how it plays out if you start as a player-manager right off the bat?
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:10 am

Yeah, I've read its 15 seasons on manager mode.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:20 am

I'm pretty sure they're all 15 seasons. However, what I'll be interested to see is how it plays out when you start off as a player-manager. Judging by the way they have structured the player mode, I wouldn't be surprised if you get four years as a player-manager and then are forced into retirement and then you play out the remaining 11 years as a manager.

And if that's the case, that fucking blows. Why can't we play 15 years as player-manager? The more options, the better. We'll see.

Either way, I'm excited to check out year #7 of EA's 3-year plan.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:22 am

Nope, they've stated its 15 for all aspects of career modes. BAP has also been extended to 15 seasons.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:17 am

atastycrumpet wrote:Nope, they've stated its 15 for all aspects of career modes. BAP has also been extended to 15 seasons.

Smashing!

Where did you hear that? Is there a link to an article where that's announced? Not that I don't trust you, you seem like a trustworthy lad. I'm just a trust but verify type of guy FIFA 11 - What you need to know Icon_biggrin
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:55 am

OK, If I can remember. I'll have to hunt down the interview on YouTube.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltw2-QIo9Mo - Should be it.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:42 pm

That's cool. EA has lied before though. So I'll believe it when I see it.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:23 am

Check out what Nick Cave wrote about this on the EA Forum:

You do have a 15 season Career, but only in Manager mode can you play them all in the same Mode, i.e. As Manager..
    In Player Mode you have 7 seasons max, and in Player-Manager mode you have 4 seasons max. You can combine them, but you still only have 15 Seasons total..

This has come from Marcel himself direct to me and Tom (T-Mills-85), who were at the EA play test and also the final game disc...

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/120/4276.page#93393
    Dave
    Dave

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Dave Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:50 am

JMB_94 wrote:Thank you for telling us stuff we already know. FIFA 11 - What you need to know 28973

JMB_94 wrote:You but alot of effort into this, its an essay. Are we suppost to grade this or something? FIFA 11 - What you need to know Icon_lol

Shatap, prick.

Mal, cheers for the information man, was a nice read.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:02 am

What can ya say about JMB? He's a natural born cunt.
    Dave
    Dave

Post by Dave Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:04 am

menalawyerguy wrote:What can ya say about JMB? He's a natural born cunt.

FIFA 11 - What you need to know 914411
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:11 am

Cheers Dave! Did you call me Mal? I'm atastycrumpet FIFA 11 - What you need to know 599439 FIFA 11 - What you need to know Icon_lol
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:14 am

atastycrumpet wrote:Cheers Dave! Did you call me Mal? I'm atastycrumpet FIFA 11 - What you need to know 599439 FIFA 11 - What you need to know Icon_lol

That's how much Dave loves me, he thinks I do everything good. Neutral

:affraid:
    Dave
    Dave

Post by Dave Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:53 am

atastycrumpet wrote:Cheers Dave! Did you call me Mal? I'm atastycrumpet FIFA 11 - What you need to know 599439 FIFA 11 - What you need to know Icon_lol

Haha! Sorry man, was at work and my head was everywhere, quickly looked at Arshavin and sorta thought it was Mal for some strange reason Laughing.

Bergkamp wrote:

That's how much Dave loves me, he thinks I do everything good. Neutral

:affraid:

You love it.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:27 am

Haha. No worries. FIFA 11 - What you need to know Icon_lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content