Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Forces

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Forces Empty Forces

Post by Lux Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:21 pm

I just sent off an application to join the RAF as a Pilot. I'm optimistic but I only just qualify for the grades (they ask for 2 A Levels and I only just scrapped 2 passes.....I'm not dumb I just hate/had no motivation for school) so that's my main worry. I do hope that I can get a chance to prove myself under their tests though......I've been thoroughly checking out all the information I can on all the tests they do and I know I'm good enough Neutral

Well that's me.......anyone else been in, thinking about, applying for, or currently in the Forces?
    Mal
    Mal

Forces Empty Re: Forces

Post by Mal Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:25 pm

I applied to be an engineer once, got through all of it, was about to join then I saw the pay and it's ludicrous that people who put their lives on the line for their country get such a ridiculous wage. I decided not to join now I work in marketing earning more than double I would of earned as an engineer.

Pilots in the RAF should get paid alot though. thumb
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Bergkamp wrote:I applied to be an engineer once, got through all of it, was about to join then I saw the pay and it's ludicrous that people who put their lives on the line for their country get such a ridiculous wage. I decided not to join now I work in marketing earning more than double I would of earned as an engineer.

Pilots in the RAF should get paid alot though. thumb

Would've thought you'd check the pay beforehand Laughing

But yeah the pay might look bad...but you get lots of benefits too.....no mortgage to worry about etc so it's not that bad. Also if you come out without injury.....I'd assume employers would be lining up to offer you a job.

Pilots get around £30k.....whilst training it's about £24k I think Smile After you served as a RAF pilot the most obvious job choice is a commercial pilot and you could hope to be getting way more than £30k depending on promotions.....
    Bebe_Fun
    Bebe_Fun

Supports : Itchy Balls

Post by Bebe_Fun Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:40 pm

I throw up everytime when I travel on a plane to holiday, let alone actually driving a plane.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Yeah the pay for pilots is good, but as a trainee enginerr when I was 17 I was offered £4.83 an hour. I'm now working in a no danger zone just posting on a forum for £11 an hour.

I didn't check the wages because my cousins in the army and he'd showed me things he'd done and it inspired me.
    Lux
    Lux

Post by Lux Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Bergkamp wrote:Yeah the pay for pilots is good, but as a trainee enginerr when I was 17 I was offered £4.83 an hour. I'm now working in a no danger zone just posting on a forum for £11 an hour.

I didn't check the wages because my cousins in the army and he'd showed me things he'd done and it inspired me.

I'd be willing to take a pay cut just for the opportunity.

Yeah you lose certain freedoms like being able to do what you want......but then again I'm not doing much these days anyway 🇳🇴

I think I'll enjoy doing something all the time....running/flying around all day sounds fine to me Cool

Bebe_Fun wrote:I throw up everytime when I travel on a plane to holiday, let alone actually driving a plane.

I see your point pig....I sometimes get car sick if I'm reading or trying to play a game.....but I'm just an adrenaline seeker.......I hope I get to do some sky diving as part of training Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:57 am