Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
LeBron
Sam
6 posters

iPhone Jailbreak & Unlock Thread

Anonymous

iPhone Jailbreak & Unlock Thread Empty iPhone Jailbreak & Unlock Thread

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:05 am

Discuss jailbreaking and unlocking methods, updates, features, troubleshooting, etc.
    Anonymous

iPhone Jailbreak & Unlock Thread Empty Re: iPhone Jailbreak & Unlock Thread

Post by Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:10 am

SHAtter is the tethered (not confirmed yet) jailbreak for iOS 4.1 which will jailbreak all existing iOS iDevices forever including iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4G. It is a low-level bootrom exploit which will allow the use of unsigned code execution. The specialty of this exploit is that it cannot be patched with software or firmware update and requires new bootrom to get patched. So to patch the jailbreak, Apple has to come up with new iDevices with a new bootrom.

Pod2g leaving the Dev team will not effect the SHAtter and GreenPois0n jailbreak to get released. But the team still has not given an ETA for the release of the Jailbreak. We hope it to be released soon.
    http://www.mobilesdna.com/news/shatter-ios-4-1-jailbreak-founder-pod2g-quits-chronic-dev-team-greenpois0n-release-unaffected/1537/
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:29 am

i'm considering getting iphone 4 when my contract is up for renewal in November/December. with a jailbroken iphone will i be able to sync with other peoples itunes? and using jailbreakme, will i have any problems using itunes 10?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:42 am

'orrible bastard wrote:i'm considering getting iphone 4 when my contract is up for renewal in November/December. with a jailbroken iphone will i be able to sync with other peoples itunes? and using jailbreakme, will i have any problems using itunes 10?

First of all, the iPhone 4 with the current firmware is not jailbreakable at the moment. Only 4.0.1 is jailbreakable with JailbreakMe 2.0.

You can sync with other people's iTunes (when it comes to apps) by installing AppSync 4.0 on your iPhone. However, protected music still requires authorization for sync.

JailbreakMe 2.0 only works for firmware 4.0.1 and is no longer able to jailbreak further firmwares because Apple fixed the PDF bug in 4.1 firmware. So you have to wait for another tool. People are saying the new jailbreak tool will be called SHAtter.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:02 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    'orrible bastard wrote:i'm considering getting iphone 4 when my contract is up for renewal in November/December. with a jailbroken iphone will i be able to sync with other peoples itunes? and using jailbreakme, will i have any problems using itunes 10?

First of all, the iPhone 4 with the current firmware is not jailbreakable at the moment. Only 4.0.1 is jailbreakable with JailbreakMe 2.0.

You can sync with other people's iTunes (when it comes to apps) by installing AppSync 4.0 on your iPhone. However, protected music still requires authorization for sync.

JailbreakMe 2.0 only works for firmware 4.0.1 and is no longer able to jailbreak further firmwares because Apple fixed the PDF bug in 4.1 firmware. So you have to wait for another tool. People are saying the new jailbreak tool will be called SHAtter.

thanks very much. very informative. SHatter you say, lets hope its out by November!!!

when getting an iphone with 4.1 firmware, can i not re-write it with the older 4.0.1 in order to perform the jailbreak?
    Sam
    Sam

Post by Sam Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:48 am

I know a girl who apparently SHAtter pants on her first day at a new school.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:46 am

She shit her pants? Whaa?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Sam wrote:I know a girl who apparently SHAtter pants on her first day at a new school.

neu shades
    LeBron

Formerly known as : Spider
    Supports : Man Red.

Post by LeBron Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:55 am

anyone know how to get into dfu mode without the power button

my lady friends ipod is busted

;/
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:57 am

TevezIsOverrated wrote:anyone know how to get into dfu mode without the power button

my lady friends ipod is busted

;/

No, the power button is kind of necessary to enter DFU mode. I'm not sure, but you could try to drain the battery and enter DFU mode while plugging in the USB cable.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:08 pm

Didn't Apple say they'll soon be releasing an update which leaves a watermark on your screen if you jailbreak your device.

My iPhone 4 is good enough as it is to be honest. Neutral
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:48 am

Bergkamp wrote:Didn't Apple say they'll soon be releasing an update which leaves a watermark on your screen if you jailbreak your device.

My iPhone 4 is good enough as it is to be honest. Neutral

Woah. My teachers iphone has a watermark on it.. Says its been there since he got it though (iphone 3G). Neutral Can hardly see it either Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:40 pm

The jailbreak for the iOS 4.1 firmware is finally here!!! Geohut made a surprise return in the jailbreaking community and released his jailbreaking software, limera1n.

Download the file from the website and follow the instructions...
    http://www.limera1n.com/

WARNING: WINDOWS PC ONLY
    Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G & 4G, and iPad
    Torresxvilla
    Torresxvilla

Post by Torresxvilla Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Jailbreak my iPod touch 3g with LimeRa1n. Works like a charm.

You need to have iTunes 10 though.
    Cameron.

Supports : Manchester United.

Post by Cameron. Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:32 am

Torresxvilla wrote:Jailbreak my iPod touch 3g with LimeRa1n. Works like a charm.

You need to have iTunes 10 though.

Lucky, didn't work for me Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:11 am