Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
blackskar
luke.
AriseForLife
SBSP
Walcott
Jamie
Theo Filippo
11 posters

Arsenal fans - Do you want the perfect game?

Anonymous

Arsenal fans - Do you want the perfect game? Empty Arsenal fans - Do you want the perfect game?

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:50 am

Or would you enjoy a scrappy 2nd leg that ends 0-0.

Just wondering because so many people are going on about this tie about beautiful football and shit. But would you be happy for Wenger to drop the style for a more organised, defensive style in order to see out the result.

Lets face it, play 6 defenders and 4 defensive midfielders and you will shut Barca out. It wont be pretty but it would work because they can't cross the ball.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Arsenal fans - Do you want the perfect game? Empty Re: Arsenal fans - Do you want the perfect game?

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:50 am

I would love to see that Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Arsenal fans - Do you want the perfect game? Empty Re: Arsenal fans - Do you want the perfect game?

Post by Jamie Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:50 am

You make it sound easy to shut out Barca. Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:51 am

I'd expect Arsenal fans want to get through and that's it.

I reckon Wenger will surprise everyone and be defensive and play on the counter.
    Anonymous

Even if we had Vidic i would still play our way. Nobody can stop this Barcelona team scoring imo and if they got 1-0 we would be out.

We must attack.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Supports : Arsenal & Lewis Hamilton.

Post by Walcott Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:51 am

If it gets us through, go for it. I just think 2-1 is too tight, it only takes a second for them to score, and they are in the lead and going through.
    Anonymous

Fine Shagger wrote:You make it sound easy to shut out Barca. Neutral

I'm pretty sure it would be if they played 6 defenders with 4 defensive minded midfielders in front. No one has tried it yet though.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:52 am

James ♠️ wrote:

I'm pretty sure it would be if they played 6 defenders with 4 defensive minded midfielders in front. No one has tried it yet though.

Your an moran.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 am

------------------Polish guy
    Sagna-Squillacci-Djourou-Kosc-someone else-Clichy
    Eboue-----Diaby----------Song--------------Gibbs

---------------------half way line
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 am

James ♠️ wrote:

Maybe away but I really can't see it at the Nou Camp. They were complacent against Hercules and I don't see them getting complacent when they're trailing.

Last edited by SBSP_FIFA on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 am

James ♠️ wrote:------------------Polish guy

Neutral...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:54 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:

Your an moran.

Hope you meant to do that.

And why am I? Explain how they would get through. Barca have no height except the centre backs. As good as they are at passing I doubt theyd pass their way through 10 players close together.
    Walcott
    Walcott

Post by Walcott Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:54 am

How about all our players just camp on the goal line. Lets just hire loads of 6'5 people who will fill up the goal so the ball cant go in there. cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:54 am

SBSP_FIFA wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:------------------Polish guy

Neutral...

? Did Diaby leave or something?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 am

---------Song-Denilson--------
    -------Gibbs-Squillaci-Eboue------
    Clichy-Vermaelen-Kos--Djourou--Sagna

In our box for 90 mins.

Last edited by The-Reporter on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 am

Chesney
    Sagna-Djourou-Squillaci-Koscielny-Clichy
    Eboue-Song-Vermaelen
    Fabregas
    Walcott

shifty
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:55 am

James ♠️ wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:

Your an moran.

Hope you meant to do that.

And why am I? Explain how they would get through. Barca have no height except the centre backs. As good as they are at passing I doubt theyd pass their way through 10 players close together.

Teams have set out like that before and failed. You can't sit back in your own box for 90 minutes against Barcelona and not conceed, even with that amount of defenders.

You really think there would be no penalties given away for example if Barca were camped in Arsenals box?

P.S Mean to do what you moran?
    AriseForLife
    AriseForLife

Post by AriseForLife Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 am

I don't care about the result as long as we pick up the win. I could care less if it ends 10-9 in favor of Arsenal. A win is a win.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 am

Tell me how many teams have put out 6 defenders and 4 defensive midfielders and I will declare your point valid.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 am

I wonder what would happen if we got 11 of our tallest players to all stand on the goal line for 90 minutes.. would that be allowed?
    Walcott
    Walcott

Post by Walcott Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 am

Szczesny
    Sagna Djourou Vermaelen Koscielny Gibbs Clichy
    Song

Fabregas
    Walcott V.Persie

luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:57 am

It takes loads of practice to get that tactic to work. You can't just through a team like that up.

Also, what will they do with the ball? Just give it back to Barca, they will just get tired, very quickly, then make things worse for themselves.

You're tactically naive.

Last edited by luke. on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:57 am

I don't know what a moran is but it should be a moran?
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:57 am

So basically you've dreamed up some scenario that will NEVER(not even once) happen and declare everyone wrong because there is no proof otherwise?
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:58 am

James ♠ wrote:I don't know what a moran is but it should be a moran?

It's a stupid person, you moran.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:58 am

luke. wrote:It takes loads of practice to get that tactic to work. You can't just through a team like that up.

Also, what will they do with the ball? Just give it back to Barca, they will just get tired, very quickly, then make things worse for themselves.

You're tactically naive.

Why would you get tired. The midfielders stand 30 yards out, defenders 20 yards out. Dont move more than 10 yards and you will close the gaps easily.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:58 am

Fine Shagger wrote:So basically you've dreamed up some scenario that will NEVER(not even once) happen and declare everyone wrong because there is no proof otherwise?

You declared me wrong with no proof that my idea wouldn't work.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 am

Fine Shagger wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:I don't know what a moran is but it should be a moran?

Isn't that a moron? Laughing
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 am

James ♠ wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:So basically you've dreamed up some scenario that will NEVER(not even once) happen and declare everyone wrong because there is no proof otherwise?

You declared me wrong with no proof that my idea wouldn't work.

Because it displays your tactical ineptness.
    Jamie
    Jamie

Post by Jamie Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Fine Shagger wrote:
    James ♠️ wrote:I don't know what a moran is but it should be a moran?

Isn't that a moron? Laughing

Your an moran too then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 5:39 am