Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Danish young keepers

Kris
    Kris

Danish young keepers Empty Danish young keepers

Post by Kris Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 am

Denmark seems to have a lot of great young keepers coming through the ranks. I'd like to make a thread about some of the young keepers here. The list is based on age.

Anders Lindegaard (Aalesund):
    I once mentioned Linegaard as the player who proves the biggest weakness of the Danish football club OB, they don't ever give their own talents a chance. One year ago, he was given #1 at the club, but getting an injury that would keep him out for one game, OB signed Roy Carroll as their first choice. Linegaard left for Aalesund, where he had previously been on a successful loan. He's now regarded the best keeper in the Norwegean league and is chased by Manchester United and Arsenal. He helped Aalesund win their first title last season, the Norwegean cup.

Kasper Schmeichel (Leeds):
    Well knowning that coolhead would have me shot for not including him, it wasn't hard to include him after what he's been doing in Leeds. Previously, I'd shoot anyone arguing for Schmeichel on the NT down, but the arguments I'd be using are all lost now that he's getting regular playing time on a high enough level to compete for the NT and doing well in the playing time he gets. Of all the keepers mentioned in this thread, he's actually the smallest (188 cm tall, according to wikipedia). He has great reflexes and PL experience to help him at this stage at his career.

Mikkel Andersen (Bristol Rovers/Reading):
    Aftera successful loan last season to Bristol Rovers, he has been loaned out again, this time for half a season. He was named young player of the year for the League 1 club last season and goalkeeper of the tournament in the Toulon U/21 tournament, in which Denmark were runners up. I haven't seen him play a lot, but what I saw in the Toulon tournament, he's both strong in the air and has good reflexes. A great player for the future.

Jonas Lössl (Midtjylland):
    Af all the keepers listen here, I rate Lössl as the one with the biggest future ahead of him. He's rated as one of the best keepers in the Danish league (where the keepers generally are good), despite only having played 20 league matches and a 3 or 4 cup matches his entire career. He almost never makes any goalkeeping mistakes, has great reflexes, world class 1-on-1, commands the area and great in the air. A former PL player said that Lössl is the best keeper he's ever played with. He has never, in any first team match let in more than 2 goals. Nice going for a 21-year old and possibly the next big sale for the Midtjylland talent factory that gave us Reid and Kjær.

David Jensen (FC Nordsjælland):
    The 18-year old keeper has made second choice for Nordsjælland at the beginning of this season. He is yet to make his debut for the wild tigers, but on youth level he has twice been named player of the tournament in the U/19 tournament in Pforzheim (Nordsjælland won the cup both times), a cup that usually stars the best German academies. The first choice for the Danish U/19 national team is another one to watch in the future.

Last edited by Thuda on Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Danish young keepers Empty Re: Danish young keepers

Post by Guest Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:06 am

Martin Hansen.
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:39 pm

I remember we signed one for 2m because our main goalkeeper, Klos, got injured. We spent 2m on the supposed next Peter Schmeichel and ended up with a complete donkey of a player. He must have played 5 games almost single handedly eliminating us from the Champions League losing poor goals away to Sturm Gratz and at home to Monaco. We needed 3 points to go through and ended up picking one up. Jesper Christiansen I hate you.

We then went into the Uefa Cup and signed another shit Dane keeper on loan as Dick Advocaat didn't have enough faith to play Christiansen again. Thomas Myre his name was. We won the first leg at home before Myre decided to make things interesting by fucking things up and losing goals which eventually led to us going out on penalties to Dortmund.

Just venting. I don't dislike all Danish keepers.

Edit: Infact Myhre was Norwegian.

Last edited by TheRangersFan on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    chemicalrubber
    chemicalrubber

Supports : Arsenal

Post by chemicalrubber Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Ah, David Jensen. He's a good youngster on FM.
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 pm

TheRangersFan wrote:I remember we signed one for 2m because our main goalkeeper, Klos, got injured. We spent 2m on the supposed next Peter Schmeichel and ended up with a complete donkey of a player. He must have played 5 games almost single handedly eliminating us from the Champions League losing poor goals away to Sturm Gratz and at home to Monaco. We needed 3 points to go through and ended up picking one up. Jesper Christiansen I hate you.

We then went into the Uefa Cup and signed another shit Dane keeper on loan as Dick Advocaat didn't have enough faith to play Christiansen again. Thomas Myre his name was. We won the first leg at home before Myre decided to make things interesting by fucking things up and losing goals which eventually led to us going out on penalties to Dortmund.

Just venting. I don't dislike all Danish keepers.

Edit: Infact Myhre was Norwegian.

You bought the former striker Jesper Christiansen, who, as far as I've heard had been rather profilic in the Danish league, but I thought Thomas Sørensen was "the new Schmeichel" back then. I've heard he has been a donkey in.. pretty much any club that wasn't in Denmark (except Elfsborg, he has just been injured for them). That being said, the Danish league has become better since then, so he would probably do better now.
    Tito
    Tito

Post by Tito Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Also to mention about Lindegaard - he won the Norwegian Cup for Aalesund (their first title in history!)
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:29 am

Kasper not worthy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:16 am