Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Pippo
Ben
Jordi
Uncle John from Jamaica
Lux
Jamie
arsenalap11
Cadbury
luke.
Sean
Kuled
Mal
moscowmadeit3
Drake
Zzonked
coolhead33
20 posters

Rate your clubs transfers

coolhead33
    coolhead33

Rate your clubs transfers Empty Rate your clubs transfers

Post by coolhead33 Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:11 am

Just list the players bought under your current manager and say if it was a good or bad buy. You can include loans if you want. If your current manager hasn't bought any/many then just list some recent ones under a different manager.

The Mancs have a lot of hard work to do...Razz

Schmeichel-Great
    Paynter-Not played enough yet. Looked good at the time but we have since got better strikers.
    Connolly-Good
    Bessone-Terrible
    Collins-Good
    Sam-Good
    Bruce-Great
    McCormack-Not played enough but looks good
    Nunez-Not played enough but looks great
    Clayton-Not played enough but future prospect
    Faye-Not played enough but seemed bad
    O'Brien-Great
    Watt-Good
    McCartney-Good
    Crowe-OK
    Higgs-Good
    Kisnorbo-Great
    Bromby-Good
    Gradel-Great
    Somma-Good
    Doyle-Fairly good
    Naylor-Great at time but now past it
    Grella-Good but didn't get chance and better players in his position now

Only my opinions.
    Anonymous

Rate your clubs transfers Empty Re: Rate your clubs transfers

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:15 am

Nikica Jelavic - Great.
    Vladimir Weiss - Great.
    James Beattie - Not played enough but looks great.
    Ricky Foster - Good addition to the team, Very versatile.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 am

Kolarov- He's getting better with most games, looks good. Played well yesterday.
    Boateng- Looked top notch at the world cup but hasn't impressed for City. Still young, only time will tell.
    Adam Johnson- Great signing for the price. English and left footed, quite rare.
    Silva- He's a little Spanish genius. Probably Mancini's best signing.
    Milner- Not really played very well for us since the Liverpool game. Perhaps would be better in the middle but there's too much competition there.
    Yaya Toure- Hit the ground running and a consistant good perform. Makes good runs in most games. Masterstroke getting him to become more attacking.
    Balotelli- Complete tosspot but talented (aparantely). Not performed that well for us, I don't expect him to stick around too long.
    Dzeko- Great reputation as a player, I've never personally watched him play more than once or twice, only time will tell.

Yeah, I sort of forgot to rate them, but oh well.
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 am

Mame Biram Diouf - Fast scores goal needs to track back more overall good
    Benjani - ok
    Roque Santa Cruz - Great when he was here before should score some goals for us.

Last edited by Olsson l 3 l on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:Nikica Jelavic - Great.
    Vladimir Weiss - Great.
    James Beattie - Not played enough but looks great.
    Ricky Foster - Good addition to the team, Very versatile.

Hows Vladi doing? His runs are sexy Rate your clubs transfers 859644
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:20 am

Zzonked wrote:Kolarov- He's getting better with most games, looks good. Played well yesterday.
    Boateng- Looked top notch at the world cup but hasn't impressed for City. Still young, only time will tell.
    Adam Johnson- Great signing for the price. English and left footed, quite rare.
    Silva- He's a little Spanish genius. Probably Mancini's best signing.
    Milner- Not really played very well for us since the Liverpool game. Perhaps would be better in the middle but there's too much competition there.
    Yaya Toure- Hit the ground running and a consistant good perform. Makes good runs in most games. Masterstroke getting him to become more attacking.
    Balotelli- Complete tosspot but talented (aparantely). Not performed that well for us, I don't expect him to stick around too long.
    Dzeko- Great reputation as a player, I've never personally watched him play more than once or twice, only time will tell.

Yeah, I sort of forgot to rate them, but oh well.

I must admit when Yaya was at barca I thought he was shite tbh. But he has been a pleasant surprise to me and a great addition to Citeh. He's also scored a couple of great goals. clap
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:20 am

Hernandez - Great impact player and improving all the time. A striker we needed and has scored some vital goals - Good signing.

Smalling - Looks so promising now and the £7million spent on him looks like a bargain. So clam on the ball and looks like a class defending in the making - Great future signing.

Bebe - Well, I don't know what to say here but facepalm Give me until the end of the season, or next, before I make a full judgement.

EDIT: facepalm

Last edited by moscowmadeit3 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:22 am

coolhead33 wrote:Just list the players bought under your current manager and say if it was a good or bad buy. You can include loans if you want. If your current manager hasn't bought any/many then just list some recent ones under a different manager.

Schmeichel-Great
    Paynter-Not played enough yet. Looked good at the time but we have since got better strikers.
    Connolly-Good
    Bessone-Terrible
    Collins-Good
    Sam-Good
    Bruce-Great
    O'Brien-Great
    Watt-Good
    McCartney-Good
    Crowe-OK
    Higgs-Good
    Kisnorbo-Great
    Bromby-Good
    Gradel-Great
    Somma-Good
    Doyle-Fairly good

Only my opinions.
    eek eek eek
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:24 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:Hernandez - Great impact player and improving all the time. A striker we needed and has scored some vital goals - Good singing.

Smalling - Looks so promising now and the £7million spent on him looks like a bargain. So clam on the ball and looks like a class defending in the making - Great future singing.

Bebe - Well, I don't know what to say here but Rate your clubs transfers 58503 Give me until the end of the season, or next, before I make a full judgement.

Has Smalling played much for the first team? Plus I thought he cost £10m.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:31 am

moscowmadeit3 wrote:Hernandez - Great impact player and improving all the time. A striker we needed and has scored some vital goals - Good singing.

Smalling - Looks so promising now and the £7million spent on him looks like a bargain. So clam on the ball and looks like a class defending in the making - Great future singing.

Bebe - Well, I don't know what to say here but facepalm Give me until the end of the season, or next, before I make a full judgement.

Weird that Hernandez' singing voice developed earlier than Smalling's. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:34 am

Malorie wrote:

rofl
    coolhead33
    coolhead33

Post by coolhead33 Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:36 am

Olsson l 3 l wrote:
    coolhead33 wrote:Just list the players bought under your current manager and say if it was a good or bad buy. You can include loans if you want. If your current manager hasn't bought any/many then just list some recent ones under a different manager.

Schmeichel-Great
    Connolly-Good
    Bessone-Terrible
    Collins-Good
    Sam-Good
    Bruce-Great
    O'Brien-Great
    Watt-Good
    McCartney-Good
    Crowe-OK
    Higgs-Good
    Kisnorbo-Great
    Bromby-Good
    Gradel-Great
    Somma-Good
    Doyle-Fairly good

Only my opinions.
    eek eek eek
    Better than what we had and that is what I class as good. Great at heading.

@Zzonked- That's good enough for rating.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:41 am

Charles - Good but injured Neutral
    Jonathan - Good but injured Neutral
    Diogo - facepalm
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:46 am

chicharito awesome
    smalling beast
    bebe god
    Sean

Post by Sean Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:50 am

Zhirkov- Not played alot but shown glimpses of quality

Turnbull-Pointless signing

Sturridge- again not got many chances but I think he'll be quality

Ramires- Had alot of stick, some of it warranted but adds alot of energy to our midfield

Benayoun- Hardly played cos of injury
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:51 am

Jelavic18|RFC wrote:
    Malorie wrote:

rofl

facepalm

I am a spastic.
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:51 am

Benayoun - Was pretty good in the games he played, too injury prone, out until April, contract up in the summer - Wasted 6m.
    Zhirkov - Hasn't lived up to the 18m we paid, very versatile backup and adds some flair.
    Ramires - Another one not lived up to his price tag but what he does for the team is excellent. Would expect a bit more attacking talent from a brazilian, though.
    Turnbul - facepalm
    Sturridge - Absolutely class, has pace, good finishing and skills. Great future prospect.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:59 am

Cole - Quiet, need to see him play more to reach a conclusion.
    Konchesky - Do not want.
    Poulsen - Formidable back-up.
    Wilson - Good youngster.
    Jovanovic - Quiet, need to see him play more to reach a conclusion.
    Meireles - Good whistle
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:01 am

Hernandez - Looks really good , seems to score all the time if he only needs to touch it once

Smalling
    - A well better player than the one he looked like at Fulham. 10M looks like Bargin now.
    Bebe - Scored some cracking goals at reserve level, peripheral involvement at first team but has done well bar Wolves/West ham nightmare.
    arsenalap11
    arsenalap11

Post by arsenalap11 Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:04 am

Not going to even bother because there's too much so i'll go for just this season:

Squillaci - 6 - A lot of pressure on him coming into a new league so don't blame him so much but he's not been that great for us.
    Koscielny - 6.5 - Better then Squillaci, and has shown signs of being a good defender, but needs to bulk up. Mentally he has quite a few good attributes for a defender.
    Chamakh - 7.5 - Started off very well, and especially for a free transfer. Has gone off the boil recently but i'm sure he'll pick it up!
    Jamie
    Jamie

Supports : That Catalan club

Post by Jamie Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:05 am

Cole - Shite
    Konchesky - Shite
    Poulsen - Shite
    Wilson - Haven't seen enough but looks like he has potential
    Jovanovic - Need more time to judge but not impressed
    Meireles - Hmmm. Talented, some good games some bad. Hopefully once he adjusted there will be more of the good games
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:06 am

Mannone - Loan, was class while he was here till he got injured. Looks like we will be taking him on loan for the rest of the season when he is fit again.
    Guzan - Loan, been good while he has been here. Will only be here till Mannone comes back though.
    Solano - Free Great with the ball, but without it not so good.
    Roseinor - Free Class right back, great going forward, good defending. Really unsure why he was without a club.
    Ayala - Loan Class act till Woy spat his dummy out, looks like we are trying to get him back on loan.
    Gerrard - Loan Class signing, great in the air, if we sign him permanently then would be perfect captain.
    Chester - Rate your clubs transfers Moz-screenshot300k Only played 1 game since arriving, was excellent. Not the tallest but has a great jump and is very good at reading the game.
    Harper - Free Good team player, great energy and decent passer.
    Koren - Free Class player, can go 89 minutes without being noticed but will produce that 1 spectacular moment to win the game.
    Stewart - Loan Pacey winger, made 5 assists in 2 games when he signed. Has great pace and skill and has been a breath of fresh air.
    Corry Evans - Loan Not played yet, only arrived on loan on Friday.
    Simpson - 50k Rate your clubs transfers Moz-screenshot-1Started slowly, but has showed us what he can do. Started playing well just before we signed a couple of strikers.
    Fryatt - 1.25m 2 goals in less than 2 games. Has great movement and knows where the goal is. Looks a handful for defenders.
    McLean - 1.3m Pacey and despite his size is pretty decent in the air because of his great leap. Stetches defences and is a handful. Can see him and Fryatt forming a great partnership.

We have made quite a few signings under Nigel, they have pretty much been good signings, him and Walsh are great at choosing young players (as they showed at Leicester) and whenever someone comes in I am 100% confident he is right for the club. He worked with a tight budget before January and still managed to pick up quality players like Koren and Simpson for pretty much nothing. Now he has money to spend in the summer I am really excited no matter what league we are in.

In Nigel We Trust.
    UTT Cool
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:17 am

I'll do this season, I would do the whole Wenger era but I can't be arsed.

Koscielny - Reads the game really well and loves to intercept play, in doing so he is a bit mistake prone but he'll learn. I have high hopes for him.

Squillaci - Completely opposite to Koscielny, he's better aerially so loves to defend deep a key reason why the Squillaci and Koscielny partnership does not work. Solid CB but has started his Arsenal career very nervously.

Chamakh - Something we needed. He gives us a different dimension, he's good in the air, his link up play is good and he runs off the last man well. All for free so it was a quality signing.

Ryo Miyaichi and Wellington - Exciting prospects for the future, both are fast and skilful wingers. eek2

Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:31 am

Martin Taylor - Fantastic defender especially at this level. Strong, tall, commanding, good on the ball. Can actually go on mazing runs and is a lot faster than you might think. Was on a free so amazing coup.

Josh Walker - Free from Middlesbrough. Not had a decent chance yet because there are players ahead who have been on great form. I'm sure he's decent but too early to say.

Troy Deeney - £500k from Walsall. Again he's down the pecking order due to the excellent form of those above him. Cost a bit too much IMO and when he does play he has scored...normally comes on when we're defending a lead so it's hard for him up front.

Danny Graham - £300k from Carlisle. Amazing buy and he's proving it with his clinical finishing this season. Think I saw a stat bouncing round that when he takes a shot he scores better than every other shot. i.e. he's taken about 30 shots and got 16 league goals. As well as his goalscoring he works tirelessly, has good pace and great holding up ability. Getting interest from Premier League sides.

Will Buckley - £200k from Rochdale. Very promising youngster. Started off with uncertainty but has gotten to his feet and is slaughtering every right back he comes up against with his blistering pace. He's not just fast though, he has a good cross and can score too.

Rene Gilmartin - Small fee. Sub for Loach and only played a few cup games. Looked alright but looks like an average sub goalkeeper right now.

Stephen McGinn - £250k from St Mirren. Like Buckley took some time to get into his stride but turning out to be a very good prospect. Good on the ball, all round box-to-box midfielder who is intelligent.

Tom Aldred - Small fee from Carlisle. Not had a chance yet but he's for the future.

We've got a lot of home grown players with a lot of talent so we don't need to buy a whole XI...on our small budget we've done really well.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:02 am

Collins and Bessone aren't worth the paper their contracts are written on. Laughing

Been spot on with many people however, such as Kisnorbo and Gradel.

Still undecided on McCormack. Was great for Cardiff and isn't playing too badly, but he really really needs that goal to come soon.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:49 am

Richard Chaplow - Excellent player, willing to roll hi sleeve up and get stuck in, and is a proper pro cheers
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:51 am

Cole - Shit, fans like Scotty think he's Messi and keep saying 'give him time'. Can see why Chelsea got rid.
    Poulsen - Shit.
    Konchesky - Even worse.
    Meireles - Good buy, taken time to settle and still is, but he'll be a good player.
    Wilson - Should be playing more and will do now.
    Ben
    Ben

Supports : United

Post by Ben Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:13 am

Schmeichel - Brilliant, especially on a free. Could do with improving his consistency though.
    Paynter - Not really had much of a chance but I don't think he's needed. OK considering it was free though.
    Connolly - Good defensively and decent going forwards too. Quality cross on him.
    Bessone - Shocking start but hasn't been given a chance since then. Don't think he'll get one either.
    Collins - Too clumsy. Would rather we'd have spent more on wages and got DeMerit in.
    Sam - Quality start, not featured much since but still a good buy.
    Bruce - Good signing. Only decent centre-half until we got O'Brien, could move into holding midfield if we get another defender.
    McCormack - Needs to get match-fit but has looked promising so far. Will be quality once he gets his first goal.
    Nunez - Virtually never played so hard to judge. Could be a great technical player or could be too lightweight. Either way, worth a gamble on the measly wages he's on.
    Clayton - Couldn't even control the ball in his few substitute appearances but expect him to be a good player in the future.
    Faye - Past it, glad he's gone.
    O'Brien - Brilliant, really sorted out the defence. No coincidence we went on a great unbeaten run when we got him.
    Watt - Good when played. Expect us to get him at the end of the season as well as I can't see him having a future at Arsenal.
    McCartney - Good but not sure he's needed second time around.
    Crowe - Alright last year.
    Higgs - Good last year. Poor when he has played this year.
    Kisnorbo - Brilliant, can't wait till he's back.
    Bromby - Good, better than most of our other defenders and certainly deserves a chance.
    Gradel - Great, especially this year. Could've murdered him during the Bristol Rovers game though.
    Somma - Good, be interesting to find out why he's barely featured considering he gets a goal every time he plays.
    Doyle - Thought he was quality last year and would've been happy having him at deep-mid this year too.
    Naylor - Decent at the time, shocking now.
    Grella - Was promising for a time but reckon he won't ever get a look-in now.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:22 am

I heard a Leeds fan say that Bessone is class.
    chiboygeorge
    chiboygeorge

Post by chiboygeorge Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:26 am

luke. wrote:Benayoun - Was pretty good in the games he played, too injury prone, out until April, contract up in the summer - Wasted 6m.
    Zhirkov - Hasn't lived up to the 18m we paid, very versatile backup and adds some flair.
    Ramires - Another one not lived up to his price tag but what he does for the team is excellent. Would expect a bit more attacking talent from a brazilian, though.
    Turnbul - Rate your clubs transfers 58503
    Sturridge - Absolutely class, has pace, good finishing and skills. Great future prospect.
    Rate your clubs transfers 58503

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:45 pm