Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Danny
Royal
Fanatic
7 posters

JailBreak Question - Help appreciated.

Fanatic
    Fanatic

JailBreak Question - Help appreciated. Empty JailBreak Question - Help appreciated.

Post by Fanatic Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:10 am

Im still going to buy a new ipod touch but i I have recieved an Ipod which was given today to borrow from a mate. Its his sisters so he doesnt really know much about jailbreak. Apparently the software is OS 3.1.3.
    How do i download games from http://apptrackr.org/
    Which file should i download?
    Where should i place the downloaded file?
    Sorry, im a beginner when it comes to this stuff. Embarassed
    Thanks.

Last edited by FootyFanaticLFC on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    Royal
    Royal

JailBreak Question - Help appreciated. Empty Re: JailBreak Question - Help appreciated.

Post by Royal Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:30 am

It depends on the size of the apps, some are a few mb, some are 1gb. I really wouldn't get an 8GB version if I was you. You'll fill it in no time.
    Danny
    Danny

JailBreak Question - Help appreciated. Empty Re: JailBreak Question - Help appreciated.

Post by Danny Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:39 am

As Lewis said, you'll fill 8gb really quickly. Before I got mine (end of October) I only had about 2gb of music, now I have nearly 7, add in 5gb of apps, almost 2 of video etc.. and I've filled half of it's space in 2 months. (32gb) Neutral
    moscowmadeit3
    moscowmadeit3

Supports : Emm-You-Eff-See

Post by moscowmadeit3 Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:39 am

You will fill up the 8GB too quickly.

Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:43 am

Just looking at the prices on Apple.. 32gb is only £50-60 more than the 8gb, even though it's 3 times as big.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:10 am

ok. I'll get 32 Gb. Thanks for all your help. cheers
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:17 am

Edited OP.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:37 am

Royal wrote:It depends on the size of the apps, some are a few mb, some are 1gb. I really wouldn't get an 8GB version if I was you. You'll fill it in no time.

Meh...as long as you don't spam it with junk apps it should be fine.

I have a 8gb and I take up maybe 1gb with songs and then generally the apps that take up a lot of space i.e. 200mb+ are too long/boring/time consuming for when I would ever play them e.g. on the train to work.

Angry Birds, Rat on Skateboard etc are simple, small and fun.
    Cornholio
    Cornholio

Post by Cornholio Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 am

Have you jailbroke it?

Have a look for Redsn0w or Blackra1n. Once jailbroken you'll have Cydia. Load up Cydia and search for Appsync for the OS version you're on. Then download Installous. Download apps until your heart's content, or you've filled your iPod.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:12 am

For Installous you need to put [Cydia.Hackulo.us] in to your sources.
    Fanatic
    Fanatic

Post by Fanatic Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:15 am

Cheers, lads. I bought one which already had been jailbroken of a mate so its alright. Thanks again.
    Simonc89
    Simonc89

Post by Simonc89 Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 am

Football Manager, Fifa 11 and Angry Birds. The only games needed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 8:27 am