Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Trent
PrideOfTheMidlands
Dagbon
RessurectionRooney
SophisticatedBeggar
Forest
Zzonked
Free_Mustache_Rides
El_indian
Novi
ResurrectionRooney
Scuba Steve
jeb4eva
Glen Miller
The Zlatan
vel
FCB
SBSP
Sean
Stranger
Ra's al Ghul
Keyser Söze
Jordi
Childish Logic
Theo Filippo
29 posters

Chat Thread

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Chat Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:35 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Got a job working in a private security company cheers Start in September.

Congratulations. Watch out for fakes and people using their older siblings', best advice is only to accept passports and driving licences, threaten to take them away if you're suspicious.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:23 am

Laughing I'd suck them off too if that was what I had to do for 24k
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:58 am

Also RR I remember you saying that Labour would appoint some "well-meaning dickhead" as their leader, does Jeremy Corbyn come under that to you? Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:52 am

Theo Filippo wrote:Laughing I'd suck them off too if that was what I had to do for 24k

I'll preface this by saying that it is great that you've got a graduate job, especially so soon after graduation, but it's probably worth continuing to look for jobs to see if you can do any better.  I went with the first graduate job I was offered and couldn't really be arsed looking after that, there's an element of regret.
    Theo Filippo wrote:Also RR I remember you saying that Labour would appoint some "well-meaning dickhead" as their leader, does Jeremy Corbyn come under that to you? Laughing

I forgot I'd even said that, but yeah, he'd be the archetypical candidate.  It makes me cringe when I see Labour people dismissing Tony Blair's views when he comments on the leadership.  They should be bowing at his feet and begging his advice on how to win, nobody else alive has done as much for Labour.  Then again what does he know about winning elections?

Maybe another severe beating in 2020 with the 70 year old man they want to make Prime Minister for the next 5 years will cause Labour to grow a brain.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:34 am

I'll have a look around, I've only been applying for jobs I've actually wanted though but the plan is to work there for two years and evaluate from there. 

People have been urging some of the candidates to drop out to give Corbyn less of a chance of winning Laughing I haven't heard anything about the Lib Dems any idea what they're doing?

Edit: Some guy called Fallon got elected 10 days ago. Looks like a right parasite.

Chat Thread - Page 32 22_fallon_w
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:22 am

I've no idea what they're doing.  Fallon getting the job was probably a bit like this

There was a great article on the whole Corbyn situation and how social media is killing the left.  Well worth a read if you're interested in it.

http://www.newstatesman.com/helen-lewis/2015/07/echo-chamber-social-media-luring-left-cosy-delusion-and-dangerous-insularity

The Labour party is a disgrace for even considering this. Putting their own lofty unrealistic principles above what will actually get them elected is the furthest possible thing from what their principles say they should do because it guarantees a Tory government who will fuck over the working class. It's egomania. As one of the parties in a tow party system they have a responsibility to the working class and they're completely abdicating it. Cunts.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:20 am

In order to get elected so they can serve the interests of the working class, they should adopt policies that go against the interests of the working class. Flawless logic. Positive change for the working class has never come from bourgeois politicians, it comes from mass movements from down below. The Labour Party can get fucked.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:08 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:In order to get elected so they can serve the interests of the working class, they should adopt policies that go against the interests of the working class. Flawless logic. Positive change for the working class has never come from bourgeois politicians, it comes from mass movements from down below. The Labour Party can get fucked.

Shut the fuck up you moron, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. It's terrifying how much having a decent vocabulary and knowing words like bourgeois leads people to believe they're qualified to speak about these things. You're completely ignorant of history and the unbelievable amount of positive change that bourgeois politicians have brought to everyone.

Labour can't do shit if they don't win elections and they won't win elections with a 70 year old man who has never done anything in his life as their leader. That's a fact; pretending otherwise based on a completely distorted view of history is idiotic.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:40 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:In order to get elected so they can serve the interests of the working class, they should adopt policies that go against the interests of the working class. Flawless logic. Positive change for the working class has never come from bourgeois politicians, it comes from mass movements from down below. The Labour Party can get fucked.

Shut the fuck up you moron, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.  It's terrifying how much having a decent vocabulary and knowing words like bourgeois leads people to believe they're qualified to speak about these things.  You're completely ignorant of history and the unbelievable amount of positive change that bourgeois politicians have brought to everyone.  

Labour can't do shit if they don't win elections and they won't win elections with a 70 year old man who has never done anything in his life as their leader.  That's a fact; pretending otherwise based on a completely distorted view of history is idiotic.

Keep spouting that liberal bullshit, buddy. Bourgeois politicians only ever act in the interests of the working class if provoked by the working class, history unequivocally attests to that. It's quite shocking that someone who claims to have a degree in politics can have such a facile grasp of it. Examining history through the lens of cause-and-effect without examining the social relations operating beneath the state level is something I would expect of someone in high-school.

The Labour Party only nominally represents the working class. They've been as much a part of the neo-liberal project since the 80's as the conservatives have been. I couldn't care less what they do.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:30 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:

Shut the fuck up you moron, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.  It's terrifying how much having a decent vocabulary and knowing words like bourgeois leads people to believe they're qualified to speak about these things.  You're completely ignorant of history and the unbelievable amount of positive change that bourgeois politicians have brought to everyone.  

Labour can't do shit if they don't win elections and they won't win elections with a 70 year old man who has never done anything in his life as their leader.  That's a fact; pretending otherwise based on a completely distorted view of history is idiotic.

Keep spouting that liberal bullshit, buddy. Bourgeois politicians only ever act in the interests of the working class if provoked by the working class, history unequivocally attests to that. It's quite shocking that someone who claims to have a degree in politics can have such a facile grasp of it. Examining history through the lens of cause-and-effect without examining the social relations operating beneath the state level is something I would expect of someone in high-school.

The Labour Party only nominally represents the working class. They've been as much a part of the neo-liberal project since the 80's as the conservatives have been. I couldn't care less what they do.

They have something provoking them you fucking mong, it's called an electorate. The fact I have accreditations proving I know what I'm talking about suggests it's probably you who believes in a load of crap.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:46 am

Your whole argument keeps boiling down to "I have a degree."
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:51 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:

They have something provoking them you fucking mong, it's called an electorate.  The fact I have accreditations proving I know what I'm talking about suggests it's probably you who believes in a load of crap.

I'm talking about provocation through genuinely meaningful political action, e.g. strikes, riots and protests. Participation in bourgeois elections does nothing on its own. And please don't make appeals to your degree, it's frankly embarrassing. It's not hard to cite scholars and intellectuals whose academic qualifications dwarf yours. Either use actual evidence or go fuck yourself.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:54 am

Fine, you want some examples of what bourgeois politicians have done for us?

Let's start with these

-Human rights
    --Freedom of speech
    --Freedom of religion
    --Freedom of assembly
    --The right to own property
    -Rule of Law
    -Abolition of slavery
    -Free education for all citizens
    -The defeat of Hitler
    -Democracy
    -Minimum wage
    -Living wage
    -Protection from crime
    -Protection from fire
    -Pensions
    -Infrastructure
    -Enormous reductions in violence and violent death
    -Huge extensions in life expectancy

Plenty of these have been compelled only by the electorate.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:37 pm

I'm not sure which of these is the most egregious. The suggestion that some of these were gifted by bourgeois politicians as opposed to won through the struggles of labour unions is vomit-inducing. Minimum wage, living wage and pensions are the most offensive but there are also a couple that are flat out not in the interests of the working class. The defeat of Hitler (beyond the fact that it was carried out by working class soldiers) came as part of a period in which there were two wars instigated by bourgeois imperialists which saw an unparalleled amount of working class people die. The most amusing, of course, was the right to own property which I think shows how out of touch you are with working class interests.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:39 pm

I got a two hour job interview in a week and i'm nervous af. What sort of interviews are 2 hours long...
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:05 pm

Ra's al Ghul wrote:I'm not sure which of these is the most egregious. The suggestion that some of these were gifted by bourgeois politicians as opposed to won through the struggles of labour unions is vomit-inducing. Minimum wage, living wage and pensions are the most offensive but there are also a couple that are flat out not in the interests of the working class. The defeat of Hitler (beyond the fact that it was carried out by working class soldiers) came as part of a period in which there were two wars instigated by bourgeois imperialists which saw an unparalleled amount of working class people die. The most amusing, of course, was the right to own property which I think shows how out of touch you are with working class interests.
    I'm very in touch with working class interests, I'm from a working class background. Are you telling me that nothing listed has been granted to people by politicians? Was there some huge struggle in the late 90s for human rights or the minimum wage that I missed?

Childish Logic wrote:I got a two hour job interview in a week and i'm nervous af. What sort of interviews are 2 hours long...

Interviews for good jobs are longer because they can just employ any cunt. I've had three interviews for shit jobs and two for good jobs, first three were half an hour max, second two were all day.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:40 pm

did that Suarez goal actually cross the line?
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Zouma reached in and kicked it slightly backwards onto the crossbar, so I'm almost certain it was over the line.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:42 pm

Good luck on the new job, Theo. What does the work entail?
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:29 am

the reason why i haven't been active a lot is because my son just was born
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:00 am

vel wrote:the reason why i haven't been active a lot is because my son just was born

Who's the dad?
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:09 am

A black guy.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:08 am

rofl
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:49 pm

vel wrote:the reason why i haven't been active a lot is because my son just was born
    I don't recall your ever saying that you were married. scratch
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:52 am

i'm joking. big brother, work and swimming has swallowed my life whole
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:58 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Good luck on the new job, Theo. What does the work entail?
    Thank you my friend. 

I start training first, I'm pretty sure my role will be predominately part of a "team"providing background research on companies and mainly other people that the company/operation has a vested interest in. 

This Wenger-Mourinho 'hoodoo' that the media have kept banging on about is irritating. Happy to beat those cunts though, don't think we've got the squad to really win the league but hopefully we can do a Liverpool (No injuries, get every decision in our favour, one player smacking in 30 goals) minus the bottler slipping and pip the league/second.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:23 am

Chat Thread - Page 32 21c69856bb79e18971ce72c9fc4491dd

My subreddit is thriving
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:48 pm

you're welcome
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Good luck on the new job, Theo. What does the work entail?
    Thank you my friend. 

I start training first, I'm pretty sure my role will be predominately part of a "team"providing background research on companies and mainly other people that the company/operation has a vested interest in. 

This Wenger-Mourinho 'hoodoo' that the media have kept banging on about is irritating. Happy to beat those cunts though, don't think we've got the squad to really win the league but hopefully we can do a Liverpool (No injuries, get every decision in our favour, one player smacking in 30 goals) minus the bottler slipping and pip the league/second.

Background research?
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:18 am

SBSP wrote:you're welcome
    thanks SBSP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 6:13 am