Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Grenade
SBSP
Zzonked
Sean
Keyser Söze
vel
ResurrectionRooney
11 posters

Malky Mackay

SBSP
    SBSP

Malky Mackay - Page 2 Empty Re: Malky Mackay

Post by SBSP Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:03 am

Probably just cunt.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:26 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

They did, my father used to use them when he was angry with my mother, but nobody really pays any attention to them due to cultural superiority the English have enjoyed over the years.
    What were they? shifty

Tan was the main one.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:14 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:Interesting comments from David Whelan in Mackay's defence.

‘Jewish people chase money more than everybody else’

“If any Englishman said he has never called a Chinaman a chink he is lying,” Whelan said. “There is nothing bad about doing that. It is like calling the British Brits, or the Irish paddies.”

Keyser Söze wrote:In all seriousness, Whelan is pretty spot on with those comments.

Really? It's spot on to call a South Korean a ice cream or Chinaman?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:16 pm

I've never used the word chi nk I prefer slanty eyed fucker.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Theo Filippo wrote:I've never used the word chi nk I prefer slanty eyed fucker.

If any Brit says he hasn't said that he's lying. It's totally fine, it's just the same as calling an American a 'Yank'.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:44 pm

FCB wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Interesting comments from David Whelan in Mackay's defence.

‘Jewish people chase money more than everybody else’

“If any Englishman said he has never called a Chinaman a chink he is lying,” Whelan said. “There is nothing bad about doing that. It is like calling the British Brits, or the Irish paddies.”

Keyser Söze wrote:In all seriousness, Whelan is pretty spot on with those comments.

Really? It's spot on to call a South Korean a ice cream or Chinaman?

I was more agreeing with the Jew comment, but the ice cream one was also pretty sound.

He didn't call Kim Bo-Kyung a ice cream, that was Mackay. All Whelan said and explained was why it's OK to call people from China it, which was spot on.

FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:41 am

Yeah, but I think the offensive part isn't that he used the word Ch!nk for a Chinese person, it's that he used it towards a South Korean. I don't know what the context was or if Whelan really thought the player was Chinese, but by defending Mackay, he's using the same stereotype.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:22 am

Whelan probably did think he was Chinese and that's perfectly fine. Would you be offended and call someone a racist if they mixed you up with another type of Arab?
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:32 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Whelan probably did think he was Chinese and that's perfectly fine. Would you be offended and call someone a racist if they mixed you up with another type of Arab?

That's different. Arabs are an ethnic group. Chinese and Korean are two different ethnic groups. It's more like someone calling me Persian, Pashtun, or mixing me up with indigenous Africans. Or someone calling a Turk an Arab or calling an Eastern European a Brit.

But the issue isn't that someone made a mistake by thinking a South Korean was Chinese. To the untrained eye, it happens. Mackay should have known better. He knew the player was Korean. Whelan might have made an honest mistake, which I can forgive.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:57 am

Makes me laugh that he keeps calling them fucking Chinamen.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:16 am

FCB wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Whelan probably did think he was Chinese and that's perfectly fine. Would you be offended and call someone a racist if they mixed you up with another type of Arab?

That's different. Arabs are an ethnic group. Chinese and Korean are two different ethnic groups. It's more like someone calling me Persian, Pashtun, or mixing me up with indigenous Africans. Or someone calling a Turk an Arab or calling an Eastern European a Brit.

But the issue isn't that someone made a mistake by thinking a South Korean was Chinese. To the untrained eye, it happens. Mackay should have known better. He knew the player was Korean. Whelan might have made an honest mistake, which I can forgive.

I'm not talking about ethnicity per se, more like similarity in apparences. Sudanese people are Arabs but you wouldn't confuse them with someone from Syria. Chinese, Japanese and Korean people look pretty much identical to the untrained eye. Anyway, would you be offended if someone mixed you up with a Turk or a Persian? I've gone to Turkish fast food stores and had them speak to me in Turkish.

My comment was about Whelan being spot on, not Mackay.

FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:26 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    FCB wrote:

I'm not talking about ethnicity per se, more like similarity in apparences. Sudanese people are Arabs but you wouldn't confuse them with someone from Syria. Chinese, Japanese and Korean people look pretty much identical to the untrained eye.  Anyway, would you be offended if someone mixed you up with a Turk or a Persian? I've gone to Turkish fast food stores and had them speak to me in Turkish.

My comment was about Whelan being spot on, not Mackay.

Like I said, I wouldn't mind if some stranger who just saw me took an educated guess. I've had people call me Indian before and that offended me a bit. But I'd be even more offended if someone knew I was Egyptian and called me something other than Egyptian or Arab.

I will give Whelan the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't know the player was Korean.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:41 am

Tbh I'm surprised Whelan was that much of an idiot. He should have just shut up, those comments aren't going to do any good ever. If he wanted to defend Mackay just say that everyone deserves a second chance or some other platitude that won't get the media hounding you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 am