Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Moose
jeb4eva
Jordi
Childish Logic
The Stig
El_indian
dena
Scuba Steve
The Zlatan
Theo Filippo
FCB
Sean
Eriksen
Zzonked
vel
Ra's al Ghul
Dagbon
Eternal Witcher
Grenade
Glen Miller
Novi
Free_Mustache_Rides
ResurrectionRooney
Scott_LFC
28 posters

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Scott_LFC

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:29 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:3 points.

Southampton are going to be just fine.

Opening day nerves affecting all the bigger teams so far. Spurs and Arsenal with last minute winners, us with a late goal in a nervy game, United losing 1-2 to Swansea.

Will be interesting to see how City and Chelsea do.

You and Spurs were nervous. United were just shit. We were fine.

Not sure if serious. I watched your game, you looked pretty bad. Players like Cazorla misplacing passes constantly. Got lucky with a last gasp rebound/tap-in to win the game, so don't give me that shit.

Not only that, but you played comfortably the worst side out of all of us.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15

Post by SBSP Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 am

Palace barely created anything. Southampton were all over you for a period.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:35 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

You and Spurs were nervous. United were just shit. We were fine.

Not sure if serious. I watched your game, you looked pretty bad. Players like Cazorla misplacing passes constantly. Got lucky with a last gasp rebound/tap-in to win the game, so don't give me that shit.

Not only that, but you played comfortably the worst side out of all of us.
    We looked much better than you. You barely created anything and Southampton penned you in your area for large chunks of the game, they created much better chances than you. They had 77% possession in the last 10 mins  rofl 

Yeah, Cazorla was shit. So what? Lucas, Gerrard, Manquillo were all much worse.

SBSP wrote:Palace barely created anything. Southampton were all over you for a period.
    This
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:37 am

SBSP wrote:Palace barely created anything. Southampton were all over you for a period.

Southampton are clearly a much better footballing team with an actual Manager. Regardless, Arsenal didn't look that good anyway. Dominated possession (because it's Palace) but didn't do much else. Their goals came from really poor defending from a free-kick for the first, and a lucky last minute rebound for the second. Hardly a comfortable win.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:40 am

Scott_LFC wrote:

Southampton are clearly a much better footballing team with an actual Manager. Regardless, Arsenal didn't look that good. Dominated possession (because it's Palace) but didn't do much else. Their goals came from really poor defending for a free-kick for the first, and a lucky last minute rebound for the second. Hardly a comfortable win.
    Both your goals came from poor defending as well. 2nd goal; Southampton a team of giants letting Sterling win a header and then Clyne thinking he was playing Sturridge offside. 1st goal Henderson plays a standard ball through the middle that on one cuts out and no one picks up Sterling.

Bar the two goals you actually created nothing.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:43 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Southampton are clearly a much better footballing team with an actual Manager. Regardless, Arsenal didn't look that good. Dominated possession (because it's Palace) but didn't do much else. Their goals came from really poor defending for a free-kick for the first, and a lucky last minute rebound for the second. Hardly a comfortable win.
    Both your goals came from poor defending as well. 2nd goal; Southampton a team of giants letting Sterling win a header and then Clyne thinking he was playing Sturridge offside. 1st goal Henderson plays a standard ball through the middle that on one cuts out and no one picks up Sterling.

Bar the two goals you actually created nothing.

What are you trying to prove with this comment? I never said we played well, or better than you. We were bad. I said all of Spurs, Arsenal, United and us played poorly and scraped a win (apart from United).
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:49 am

Anyway, who cares? We're all 3 points ahead of United already, anyway Laughing
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:44 am

Oh, look who's in goal for City.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 am

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28830927

Why did Manchester United get a segment in this article? scratch
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 3 GqNNys9
    Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 3 ZibSkp0

Disgusting bias by the BBC.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Shearer: "Arsenal got the result, but they didn't play well - Palace frustrated them. They made so many errors from their big players. It was poor from them. Normally Arsenal's passing is crisp and sharp, but the big positive thing is they kept going. Surely they can't play as poorly as this for a long time.

Gullit: "This is a good time to win games in a bad way - it's a good sign. I hope for Arsenal they can battle for the title for as long as possible."

Midfielder Mesut Ozil:   Three points - that's the main thing! #AFCvCPFC #ThanksRamsey #Arsenal #EmiratesStadium

Television presenter and Arsenal fan Piers Morgan:  Poor game, ho-hum performance, important win.

So I wasn't the only one who thought Arsenal were poor Rolling Eyes

Has RR offed himself?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:33 am

Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 3 _77000374_2642bdbe-2c7d-4681-92a9-ac1ac09bec34

No Arsenal players this week Smile
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:36 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Premier League match discussion thread | 2014/15  - Page 3 _77000374_2642bdbe-2c7d-4681-92a9-ac1ac09bec34

No Arsenal players this week Smile

Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:48 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Shearer: "Arsenal got the result, but they didn't play well - Palace frustrated them. They made so many errors from their big players. It was poor from them. Normally Arsenal's passing is crisp and sharp, but the big positive thing is they kept going. Surely they can't play as poorly as this for a long time.

Gullit: "This is a good time to win games in a bad way - it's a good sign. I hope for Arsenal they can battle for the title for as long as possible."

Midfielder Mesut Ozil:   Three points - that's the main thing! #AFCvCPFC #ThanksRamsey #Arsenal #EmiratesStadium

Television presenter and Arsenal fan Piers Morgan:  Poor game, ho-hum performance, important win.

Has RR offed himself?

I was moving house over the weekend. Thought we were pretty unlucky, the need for more defenders is obvious though.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:00 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

Has RR offed himself?

I was moving house over the weekend.  Thought we were pretty unlucky, the need for more defenders is obvious though.

Unlucky?  Confused You failed to create a single chance that wasn't from a set-piece. I'd say that performance accentuated your need for midfielders/wide players rather than defenders, although you obviously need more of the latter as well.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:29 am

Chelsea's starting XI is amazing. Just needs Filipe to replace Ivanovic and Azpilicueta to move to the right, and they are set.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:39 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:

I was moving house over the weekend.  Thought we were pretty unlucky, the need for more defenders is obvious though.

Unlucky?  Confused You failed to create a single chance that wasn't from a set-piece. I'd say that performance accentuated your need for midfielders/wide players rather than defenders, although you obviously need more of the latter as well.
    Agreed, they are probably 6 starting players short of a title challenge.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:41 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:

Yes, we could have had a penalty in the last minute (no surprise considering we didn't get it considering the referee is from Liverpool) and we weren't really threatened apart from the goals. There's a danger of drawing too big conclusions from one match, especially the first match of the season with one of our best players out and both of our first choice wing backs.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:47 am

I am interested to see how Costa does in this league. He did well in La Liga, but I have a feeling that a big honest lad like Kevin Davies probably would have scored that many goals in that unproven featherweight league.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:16 am

Lmao at Martin Tyler's reaction to that goal, "YES!"
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:24 am

Sublime ball from Fabregas. Insane. Chelsea have turned it around pretty quickly. 2-1.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:32 am

I know it's against probably the worst team in the league but Fabregas has been immense. Can't remember Ozil ever playing this well for us.

Not re-signing him will go down as one of the worst decisions in our history.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:44 am

Chelsea will walk the league.
    vel
    vel

Post by vel Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:48 am

Matic is the second best DM in the world, only behind Javi
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:52 am

vel wrote:Matic is the second best DM in the world, only behind Javi
    I could be wrong, but the commentators seemed to blame the Burlney goal on him. shifty
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:55 am

vela with his knee-jerk analysis  Rolling Eyes 
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:01 am

Seriously can't get over how breathtaking Fabregas has been. Starting to remember why it was so much more entertaining watching us play during 2007(6)-2010 even though we won nothing.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:01 am

Keyser Söze wrote:I know it's against probably the worst team in the league but Fabregas has been immense. Can't remember Ozil ever playing this well for us.

Keyser Söze wrote:vela with his knee-jerk analysis  Rolling Eyes 
    Laughing
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:52 am

Keyser Söze wrote:I know it's against probably the worst team in the league but Fabregas has been immense. Can't remember Ozil ever playing this well for us.

Calm down it's only Burnley  silent
    Eriksen
    Eriksen

Post by Eriksen Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:16 am

Grenade wrote:

Calm down it's only Burnley  silent
    And if Cesc played like shit, people would be saying ''Couldn't even perform vs Burnley'' 

He can only perform against teams put infront of him, and he did, as he did in pre-season

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:33 pm