Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Vela
Scott_LFC
Eriksen
Mal
The Bat-Man
Grenade
Novi
Alan
ResurrectionRooney
Laurencio
Jordi
Scuba Steve
Jay
Mason19294828838822
Keyser Söze
Phadunkin Donuts
arsenalap11
Scott M
Dagbon
Glen Miller
Eternal Witcher
Yrael
Jamarcus the Cute Panda
The Zlatan
Jordan Henderchip
Ra's al Ghul
Theo Filippo
Zzonked
Mason
JK
34 posters

Official Arsenal FC Thread

Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Official Arsenal FC Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

Post by Glen Miller Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:03 am

It doesn't really matter, Arsenal have struggled against some small teams and Oezil will bring those teams to their knees with his spankingly good play.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:06 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott M wrote:I know that, but even so, I feel that if he went to a top tier Club, we wouldn't see so many of these comments. The comments stem from the fact he's taken a big step down. It's the shock factor. 

I don't remember hearing these kind of comments when the likes of Fabregas went to Barca, Nasri went to City, RVP went to Arsenal, Alonso went to Madrid, Gotze went to Bayern, etc. Why? Because they weren't taking a step down, even though it's a similar situation, as in, a Club letting a player of tremendous quality leave.
    Well I thought it was obvious that theses comments stem from the fact he left Real Madrid scratch  Their is no step up from them, why would they allow a world class player that didn't want to leave, leave ? Fabregas wanted to leave, Nasri wanted to leave, Alonso wanted to leave, Gotze wanted to leave. Their clubs could do nothing about them leaving. The point is (and again I thought this was obvious), if Özil wasn't world class then no one would be so shocked as to why Madrid let him leave. This has zero to do with what club he signed for.

Also, Nasri, Alonso and Gotze were not on the same level as Özil when they left, he is comfortably better than all of them.
    Because they think Bale and Isco are better.

According to the Guardian, Ozil was offered to Man United and Man City. They both rejected him.

If he had signed for United or City, I honestly don't think these kind of comments from players/managers would be said. 

As for the bolded bit. You guys really are hyping him up to be some kind of demi-God footballer, which is understandable, as you lot have no idea what it feels like to sign a world-class player, but he probably isn't going to outperform the likes of Mata, Suarez, Silva, RVP, etc anyway. He'll reach the same level, sure, but you guys are making it sound as if he's the best player in the world. Reality will come crashing down on you soon, when it turns out to be just another Arsenal player doing a decent job.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:07 am

Scott M wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:Your right they weren't saying 'How could Dortmund let him go' because they didn't have a choice in the matter.

He doesn't often complete games but that could be down to a number of other reasons and no it isn't.
    Saw this on RAWK

Let's see if Ozil reproduces what Cesc did at a much younger age for Arsenal.

Look up some of the performances of Cesc for Arsenal, against big clubs too. Never went into hiding, even as a teenager, which Ozil is still doing despite the world class reputation. Have you seen him in any of the key meetings of Madrid in Champions League? Inferior ManU? Borussia Dortmund? How about earlier years, Barca in CL? What about that time when they played Bayern Munich? How about for Germany vs Italy?

Cesc had a limited time for Spain so far, but when played, he provides something. For Arsenal, he won the game almost by himself vs Milan away, when they were better than what they are now. A long range hit, remember him celebrating like he was crying? Official Arsenal FC Thread - Page 3 Cheesy What about his goal vs Juventus when they had some great players and Paddy Vieira? How about Cesc and Henry winning vs Real Madrid at Bernabeu?

I know, Cesc being on the bench tarnished his reputation, but there were lots of people arguing he is better than Xavi and Iniesta. He is a superb player, and may be he shouldn't have come to Barca, not at that time anyway. A premier midfielder, if ManU were to buy him, he'd be the best midfielder in England the moment he steps comes out of plane. We have watched enough of Ozil youtube clips, go watch now some of the things Cesc did for Arsenal (!!!). Let's see if Ozil can win an away match vs Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich etc. in CL.
    I think he makes a good point regarding the big games.
    Goals win games and make the big headlines, Özil isn't a goalscorer. I'd be surprised if he got 10 goals this season.

Also, I don't really value the opinion of a randomer on RAWK over the comments of countless players/manager/respected journalist. It's just the bitterness talking.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:07 am

rofl

Try harder, Scott.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:09 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:rofl

Try harder, Scott.
    At what? Having a discussion? Don't be so insecure.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:12 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott M wrote:Saw this on RAWK

I think he makes a good point regarding the big games.
    Goals win games and make the big headlines, Özil isn't a goalscorer. I'd be surprised if he got 10 goals this season.

Also, I don't really value the opinion of a randomer on RAWK over the comments of countless players/manager/respected journalist. It's just the bitterness talking.
    He's not talking about goals though. He's talking about Ozil's overall impact in big games.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:13 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Well I thought it was obvious that theses comments stem from the fact he left Real Madrid scratch  Their is no step up from them, why would they allow a world class player that didn't want to leave, leave ? Fabregas wanted to leave, Nasri wanted to leave, Alonso wanted to leave, Gotze wanted to leave. Their clubs could do nothing about them leaving. The point is (and again I thought this was obvious), if Özil wasn't world class then no one would be so shocked as to why Madrid let him leave. This has zero to do with what club he signed for.

Also, Nasri, Alonso and Gotze were not on the same level as Özil when they left, he is comfortably better than all of them.
    Because they think Bale and Isco are better.

According to the Guardian, Ozil was offered to Man United and Man City. They both rejected him.

If he had signed for United or City, I honestly don't think these kind of comments from players/managers would be said. 

As for the bolded bit. You guys really are hyping him up to be some kind of demi-God footballer, which is understandable, as you lot have no idea what it feels like to sign a world-class player, but he probably isn't going to outperform the likes of Mata, Suarez, Silva, RVP, etc anyway. He'll reach the same level, sure, but you guys are making it sound as if he's the best player in the world. Reality will come crashing down on you soon, when it turns out to be just another Arsenal player doing a decent job.
    rofl You are so bitter rofl rofl No one thinks Özil is a god, you know I've said Suárez and RVP are better yet you keep making these retarded over the top comments. Just because I think he's better than Nasri, Alonso and Gotze it suddenly means I think he's a god ? Do you really think those players are that good ? I could name 20 player better than those three scratch 

What don't you understand ? These comments aren't because he signed for Arsenal they are about the fact Madrid didn't want him. It's really not hard to understand Neutral I've repeated it like 4 times and you just keep ignoring it.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:13 am

Scott M wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:rofl

Try harder, Scott.
    At what? Having a discussion? Don't be so insecure.
    Insecure about what? You're clearly on the wind up. There are countless refutations to the utter nonsense that you're spouting that I could provide but it's frankly pointless. You're an imbecile and even if I show how utterly wrong you are you'll still fail to grasp anything I say and instead try to resolve the argument with a bet. Keep believing these ill-informed morons on RAWK or wherever else, I don't frankly care.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:14 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Goals win games and make the big headlines, Özil isn't a goalscorer. I'd be surprised if he got 10 goals this season.

He's not talking about goals though. He's talking about Ozil's overall impact in big games.
    Is that why the only thing he talked about was goals and YouTube clips ? scratch 
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:20 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Scott M wrote:At what? Having a discussion? Don't be so insecure.
    Insecure about what? You're clearly on the wind up. There are countless refutations to the utter nonsense that you're spouting that I could provide but it's frankly pointless. You're an imbecile and even if I show how utterly wrong you are you'll still fail to grasp anything I say and instead try to resolve the argument with a bet. Keep believing these ill-informed morons on RAWK or wherever else, I don't frankly care.
    You care enough to reply, moron.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:22 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott M wrote:Because they think Bale and Isco are better.

rofl You are so bitter rofl rofl No one thinks Özil is a god, you know I've said Suárez and RVP are better yet you keep making these retarded over the top comments. Just because I think he's better than Nasri, Alonso and Gotze it suddenly means I think he's a god ? Do you really think those players are that good ? I could name 20 player better than those three scratch 

What don't you understand ? These comments aren't because he signed for Arsenal they are about the fact Madrid didn't want him. It's really not hard to understand Neutral I've repeated it like 4 times and you just keep ignoring it.
    I'm not bitter. We have a better player than Ozil. I'd rather have Coutinho threading the ball to Sturridge and Suarez, than Ozil threading the ball to Giroud. (although in an ideal world, it would be Ozil threading the ball to Suarez).

I get what you're saying about the comments of the players/managers, but I still think that if he went to United or City, those people wouldn't have said anything.

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott M wrote:He's not talking about goals though. He's talking about Ozil's overall impact in big games.
    Is that why the only thing he talked about was goals and YouTube clips ? scratch 
    I think he was being sarcastic about youtube. He put (!!!).
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:25 am

A lot of that RAWK post is bullshit (Surprise surprise) some of those games he mentioned Ozil was very good in, notably the Bayern Munich away game, Man United away, against Italy and he's been key for Real Madrid multiple times when they beat Barcelona especially in their title winning season. And Ozil is currently better than Cesc, I'll take Mourinho's opinion over some stupid scouser's.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:27 am

Theo Filippo wrote:A lot of that RAWK post is bullshit (Surprise surprise) some of those games he mentioned Ozil was very in, notably the Bayern Munich away game, Man United away, against Italy and he's been key for Real Madrid multiple times when they beat Barcelona especially in their title winning season. And Ozil is currently better than Cesc, I'll take Mourinho's opinion over some stupid scouser's.
    Mourinho often says the opposite of what is true. 

His comments could be seen as mind games. Putting pressure on Ozil/Arsenal.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:28 am

Scott M wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:Insecure about what? You're clearly on the wind up. There are countless refutations to the utter nonsense that you're spouting that I could provide but it's frankly pointless. You're an imbecile and even if I show how utterly wrong you are you'll still fail to grasp anything I say and instead try to resolve the argument with a bet. Keep believing these ill-informed morons on RAWK or wherever else, I don't frankly care.
    You care enough to reply, moron.
    Well done, you got me.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:30 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Scott M wrote:You care enough to reply, moron.
    Well done, you got me.
    No shit.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:32 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:rofl You are so bitter rofl rofl No one thinks Özil is a god, you know I've said Suárez and RVP are better yet you keep making these retarded over the top comments. Just because I think he's better than Nasri, Alonso and Gotze it suddenly means I think he's a god ? Do you really think those players are that good ? I could name 20 player better than those three scratch 

I'm not bitter. We have a better player than Ozil. I'd rather have Coutinho threading the ball to Sturridge and Suarez, than Ozil threading the ball to Giroud. (although in an ideal world, it would be Ozil threading the ball to Suarez).

I get what you're saying about the comments of the players/managers, but I still think that if he went to United or City, those people wouldn't have said anything.

Keyser Söze wrote:Is that why the only thing he talked about was goals and YouTube clips ? scratch 
    OK, but he still talked mainly about goals. Cesc played 303 games for us yet he's only brought up 4-5 games. Özil has played 159 and he's talked about 3 games. That's pretty much a clutching at straws comment made by a bitter fan.

Why would it make any difference if he'd signed to City or United ? None, absolutely zero of the comments mentioning how shocked they are about Özil leaving have mentioned Arsenal. All of them have talked about how shocked they are that Madrid didn't want Özil. The point (which I'm repeating for a 6th time) is about how good Özil is. If he wasn't world class no one would care that Madrid let him leave but here we have people like Ronaldo and Mourinho weighing such is the quality of Özil.

Last edited by Keyser Söze on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:32 am

Scott M wrote:
    Theo Filippo wrote:A lot of that RAWK post is bullshit (Surprise surprise) some of those games he mentioned Ozil was very in, notably the Bayern Munich away game, Man United away, against Italy and he's been key for Real Madrid multiple times when they beat Barcelona especially in their title winning season. And Ozil is currently better than Cesc, I'll take Mourinho's opinion over some stupid scouser's.
    Mourinho often says the opposite of what is true. 

His comments could be seen as mind games. Putting pressure on Ozil/Arsenal.
    He said that before Ozil moved to Arsenal and he then repeated it.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:34 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott M wrote:I'm not bitter. We have a better player than Ozil. I'd rather have Coutinho threading the ball to Sturridge and Suarez, than Ozil threading the ball to Giroud. (although in an ideal world, it would be Ozil threading the ball to Suarez).

OK, but he still talked mainly about goals. Cesc played 303 games for us yet he's only brought 4-5 games. Özil has played 159 and he's tailed about 3 games. That's pretty much a clutching a straws comment made by a bitter fan.

Why would it make any difference if he'd signed to City or United ? None, absolutely zero of the comments mentioning how shocked they are about Özil leaving have mentioned Arsenal. All of them have talked about how shocked they are that Madrid didn't want Özil. The point (which I'm repeating for a 6th time) is about how good Özil is. If he wasn't world class no one would care that Madrid let him leave but here we have people like Ronaldo and Mourinho weighing such is the quality of Özil.

I'm not defending his comments, I came in here asking if it was true, that's all. I now have the answer. 

I KNOW all that. You don't need to keep repeating yourself. I STILL believe that if he went to a bigger Club, they wouldn't feel the need to say anything.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:37 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:OK, but he still talked mainly about goals. Cesc played 303 games for us yet he's only brought 4-5 games. Özil has played 159 and he's tailed about 3 games. That's pretty much a clutching a straws comment made by a bitter fan.

I'm not defending his comments, I came in here asking if it was true, that's all. I now have the answer. 

I KNOW all that. You don't need to keep repeating yourself. I STILL believe that if he went to a bigger Club, they wouldn't feel the need to say anything.
    Ok, if you understood my point why don't you answer my question, WHY ? Does him suddenly moving to City or United decrease his quality ? Because that's what these comments are about, Özil's quality.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:43 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott M wrote:I'm not defending his comments, I came in here asking if it was true, that's all. I now have the answer. 

Ok, if you understood my point why don't you answer my question, WHY ? Does him suddenly moving to City or United decrease his quality ? Because that's what these comments are about, Özil's quality.
    It's not about decreasing his quality. The shock factor of where he's going prompted these people to express their disbelief as to why they're letting him go.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:44 am

Also you said this which I didn't pick up till now

you lot have no idea what it feels like to sign a world-class player
    Is that meant to be an insult ? Because we have just signed a world class whereas Liverpool have never done that.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:47 am

How on earth is it an insult?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:52 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Ok, if you understood my point why don't you answer my question, WHY ? Does him suddenly moving to City or United decrease his quality ? Because that's what these comments are about, Özil's quality.
    It's not about decreasing his quality. The shock factor of where he's going prompted these people to express their disbelief as to why they're letting him go.
    scratch Its clear to me that you're just talking shit to annoy me. Just read what you've just posted, people are shocked that he's going to Arsenal so that's means they have to make comments asking why Madrid let him go ? That makes no sense at all. Those are two completely different things you've poorly tried to force together. Plenty of journalists have been amazed that Arsenal signed him/were the only club in for him. That has no bearing what so ever on the other Journalists/player/managers asking WHY REAL MADRID LET A WORLD CLASS PLAYER LEAVE. Seriously I think you are just trying to wind me up because I can't believe you can't under something that simple.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:54 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott M wrote:It's not about decreasing his quality. The shock factor of where he's going prompted these people to express their disbelief as to why they're letting him go.
    scratch Its clear to me that you're just talking shit to annoy me. Just read what you've just posted, people are shocked that he's going to Arsenal so that's means they have to make comments asking why Madrid let him go ? That makes no sense at all. Those are two completely different things you've poorly tried to force together. Plenty of journalists have been amazed that Arsenal signed him/were the only club in for him. That has no bearing what so ever on the other Journalists/player/managers asking WHY REAL MADRID LET A WORLD CLASS PLAYER LEAVE. Seriously I think you are  just trying to wind me up because I can't believe you can't under something that simple.
    Took you long enough Laughing
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:55 am

Scott M wrote:How on earth is it an insult?
    That's why I asked. In my mind I read it as you making a snide comment but obviously I was wrong.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:56 am

Scott M wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:scratch Its clear to me that you're just talking shit to annoy me. Just read what you've just posted, people are shocked that he's going to Arsenal so that's means they have to make comments asking why Madrid let him go ? That makes no sense at all. Those are two completely different things you've poorly tried to force together. Plenty of journalists have been amazed that Arsenal signed him/were the only club in for him. That has no bearing what so ever on the other Journalists/player/managers asking WHY REAL MADRID LET A WORLD CLASS PLAYER LEAVE. Seriously I think you are  just trying to wind me up because I can't believe you can't under something that simple.
    Took you long enough Laughing
    Official Arsenal FC Thread - Page 3 3925848005 Fuck you. You wasted like 30mins of my time.
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:58 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott M wrote:How on earth is it an insult?
    That's why I asked. In my mind I read it as you making a snide comment but obviously I was wrong.
    I meant, I understand how Arsenal fans are getting incredibly giddy at signing Ozil, considering he's the only world-class signing you've made, probably since most of you started supporting Arsenal. You're not used to it.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:03 am

The standard Scott move 'Say something wrong and idiotic then follow it up with trolling to avoid embarrassment' Rolling Eyes
    Scott M

Post by Scott M Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:05 am

Theo Filippo wrote:The standard Scott move 'Say something wrong and idiotic then follow it up with trolling to avoid embarrassment' Rolling Eyes
    He accused me of it?
    Jay
    Jay

Post by Jay Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:10 am

Scott M is a terrible poster. rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:02 pm