Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Vela
Scott_LFC
Eriksen
Mal
The Bat-Man
Grenade
Novi
Alan
ResurrectionRooney
Laurencio
Jordi
Scuba Steve
Jay
Mason19294828838822
Keyser Söze
Phadunkin Donuts
arsenalap11
Scott M
Dagbon
Glen Miller
Eternal Witcher
Yrael
Jamarcus the Cute Panda
The Zlatan
Jordan Henderchip
Ra's al Ghul
Theo Filippo
Zzonked
Mason
JK
34 posters

Official Arsenal FC Thread

The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Official Arsenal FC Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Official Arsenal FC Thread

Post by The Zlatan Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:40 am

Scott you need to calm down with all of this, it's been about 3 years constant rofl's and facepalm's, even now with this place purely being an online hangout with hardly any traffic you're the only person still playing games.
    The Bat-Man
    The Bat-Man

Supports : The Voyeur

Post by The Bat-Man Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 am

Nice to see nothing's changed.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:05 am

HAHAHAHAHAHA! rofl

PS. Get your grammar right, Zlatan.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:14 am

Oh well.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:22 am

Only illiterate retards use the apostrophe as badly as you Laughing
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:27 am

Ok.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:41 am

rofl
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:Maybe Suarez changed his mind and was convinced to stay at Liverpool. He did come out and say that Gerrard played an influential part in his final decision.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this matter. If a release clause was activated then Liverpool are obligated to accept the bid and let the player negotiate personal terms immediately. For at least two weeks after the bid was made*, Suarez was intent on leaving Liverpool and joining a Champions League level club.

* See time difference between the following two articles: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/23/arsenal-luis-suarez-liverpool-transfer and http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/06/luis-suarez-liverpool-arsenal-transfer

Scott_LFC wrote: Good decision, if true. He just needs to look at the League table to see that.

You're ahead of us on goal difference with 10 games to go, we're still in the FA Cup and we've played both of last year's Champions League finalists in the world's best club competition. I wouldn't really say you're having a better season than us.

Scott_LFC wrote:Besides, I don't get why so many Arsenal fans are crying about it on Twitter, etc. If you had signed Suarez, you wouldn't have signed Ozil, a player who, at the time of signing, was heralded as better than Suarez anyway.

Unless Ozil gets a 10 game ban before the end of the season, I'd say that he's had a better first full season than Suarez did. I also still maintain that prior to this season, Ozil's career achievements had been infinitely more impressive than that of Suarez. I do still hope that he can achieve more than what Suarez has in the Premier League once he's fully integrated. The point is, however, we needed a striker much more than an attacking midfielder. Suarez, even if he was the inferior player, would still have been more beneficial to our season. And there's obviously the point that the level of dishonesty and immorality displayed by Henry and Rodgers leaves a bad taste regardless of its footballing implications.

Right, now that I'm at work, relatively bored right now, I can reply to this a bit more seriously.

Yeah, those two articles are far apart from each other, and he did want to leave, but it is still plausible that he changed his mind in the end. He has come out and said publicly that Gerrard played an influential part in making his final decision, etc, which implies that he had changed his mind eventually. He also signed a new contract, which he arguably wouldn't have done, had he still been determined to leave Liverpool.

Judging by his attitude change on the pitch, and a few interviews, it appears that he genuinely wants to succeed here and I personally, think he's happy with the decision he's made. We are 2nd in the League currently, and it looks quite likely that we'll be playing in the CL next season.

Here are a few recent quotes from Suarez:

“I know I can achieve my dreams here.”

“The fans have helped me so much”

“Everyone knows that I had some difficult times last summer.

“But they have always supported me and always had confidence in me. I really feel that support in my heart.

“I think this has been the best season of my career so far. It’s my job to score goals and create goals, and help the team.

“When you have really good team-mates and a manager who believes in you then it helps so much with your job.

“For me, stepping on to the pitch knowing I have the confidence of the supporters means everything to me as a player. They help me to give my best.”

He emerged from the tunnel before kick-off with his newborn son Benjamin and his three-year-old daughter Delfina.

“That was a special day for me,” he said.

“I know in England it’s not normal to take your children on to the pitch like that but it’s normal in Uruguay.

“I wanted to show the Liverpool fans my family and I wanted everyone to know I was so happy with life both on and off the pitch.

“It was my first game back at Anfield and I wanted my children to share that moment.

“It was an emotional moment for me. To come back and play at Anfield after so long was brilliant.”

“To be in the Champions League is what we all want. This is our objective – to play in it next season.

“I watched the games on TV this week and when you hear that Champions League music that’s motivation in itself,” he said.

“I want to be there with Liverpool. It’s an unbelievable competition. It’s where we want to be – playing against the top teams in Europe.

“Stevie has told me about Champions League nights at Anfield. He said when you have played Champions League football at Anfield you will never forget it. I want to try it for myself.

“When I arrived here I said it was my dream to play for Liverpool and play Champions League here. I know I can achieve my dreams here.”

As for who's had a better season so far, I'd say it's quite even. Yes, you've played in the Champion's League, but you're on the verge of being knocked out with ease. You're still in the FA Cup too, but Suarez himself was involved in the game that got you into the next round and he knows that we were better than you on the day. You're still in it because of Webb and an off-day for Sturridge and Suarez. In terms of improvement from last season, we've made the bigger jump. We're 2nd in the League and have been playing arguably the most deadly attacking football out of anyone. We smashed you 5-1 and we currently rape you on goal difference, which is what puts us ahead of you. We've had other great wins this season, such as smashing Everton 4-0, smashing Spurs 5-0 at WHL, etc. We just look brilliant this season and if it wasn't for our ever changing back 4 due to injuries, I dare say we'd be top of the League, or closer than 4 points to it. At this moment, it is very plausible to predict that Liverpool could end up finishing the season more successfully than Arsenal. I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 3rd and you found yourselves in 4th spot. It could go either way. You're awful at the moment. Terrible run of form and the worse is yet to come.

As for Ozil vs Suarez. It's never going to be a contest, as far as I am concerned. You can't just judge a player's talent on previous achievements (assuming you mean winning titles, etc).

As for what John Henry has said, I'm sure he's just said the wrong thing or something, because the contract was reviewed by Graham Taylor and was confirmed that the £40 million and £1 bid was only enough to "start discussions" if we so wished, or something like that. We would have known back then if there was a genuine clause which could force Suarez to move, as he (Taylor) would have read it and told everyone.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--CdA8IhE6Q

Video of Keyser rofl

Nice

Official Arsenal FC Thread - Page 17 50x3a03586a004651f1f6270d93f585ca04
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:22 am

Scott_LFC wrote:He also signed a new contract, which he arguably wouldn't have done, had he still been determined to leave Liverpool.

He signed a new contract because you offered him an extra £80K a weel, no one would turn that down  rofl It does not mean he wants to stay. The whole point of the new contract was so you could remove that "discussion clause" from it. If Liverpool were so confident that he'd stay they wouldn't have done that.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:34 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:He also signed a new contract, which he arguably wouldn't have done, had he still been determined to leave Liverpool.

He signed a new contract because you offered him an extra £80K, no one would turn that down  rofl It does not mean he wants to stay. The whole point of the new contract was so you could remove that "discussion clause" from it. If Liverpool were so confident that he'd stay they wouldn't have done that.

Did he tell you that personally?

Going by the reports at the time, it would appear that the new contract had been in the works for quite a while, and it includes a much higher, iron-clad (i.e none of this "discussions" shit) buy-out clause, which potentially only comes into effect if we don't finish in the top 4. But none of us know for sure what's in the contract, so it's silly for you to say what you did as if it's a fact.

But if reports are to be believed. Signing this contract would only have made it even harder for Suarez to leave, as not many clubs would cough up what the buy-out price has been set at (rumoured to be Bale-esque money). If he was determined to leave, I don't think he would have signed a contract that makes it harder for him to leave. He would have just stayed on his current contract and forced his way out, imo. There's no way we wouldn't sell if he only had a year left on his contract. We wouldn't let him do a Bosman.

More importantly, and more relevantly, his recent comments imply that he wants to stay and succeed at Liverpool.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:55 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:

He signed a new contract because you offered him an extra £80K, no one would turn that down  rofl It does not mean he wants to stay. The whole point of the new contract was so you could remove that "discussion clause" from it. If Liverpool were so confident that he'd stay they wouldn't have done that.

Going by the reports at the time, it would appear that the new contract had been in the works for quite a while, and it includes a much higher, iron-clad (i.e none of this "discussions" shit) buy-out clause, which potentially only comes into effect if we don't finish in the top 4. But none of us know for sure what's in the contract, so it's silly for you to say what you did as if it's a fact.

More importantly. His recent comments imply that he wants to stay and succeed at Liverpool.

Stop with the petty, bullshit semantics. 99% of this discussion is pure speculation and conjecture. Focus on the overarching point instead of childishly commenting on how I worded a comment. Unless you're a retard, you were deliberately being obtuse.

Discussions on the contract clearly started after Liverpool forcefully told him he wouldn't be sold this summer to Arsenal. I don't really care how long after that negotiation started since it's irrelevant.

Signing a new contract has no bearing in slightest of whether Suarez wants to stay or not. By signing it, it's beneficial to him and the club. He'll earn and extra £80K from December onwards and it strengthens his and the clubs positions in future discussions about sales. If he was still on his £120K salary a club wanting to sign him could offer him £200k and he'd gladly have accepted, now they'll have to offer him more money. How is that Suarez not looking after his best interests? It also means Liverpool remove the "discussion clause" that became public knowledge and by setting it at 2018 it means they'll be able to realistically ask for a higher transfer fee. So everyone wins.

What's Suarez meant to say during the middle of a season? "I hate Liverpool, I really don't want to be here" ? scratch You seriously can't be that naive  rofl It would completely destabilize your season and its in his best interests for Liverpool to get CL since then:

1) He'll be playing CL.
    2) The club have obviously told him to give them one more season and get them in the CL as that way they'll be more inclined to allow him to leave.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:10 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

More importantly. His recent comments imply that he wants to stay and succeed at Liverpool.

Stop with the petty, bullshit semantics. 99% of this discussion is pure speculation and conjecture. Focus on the overarching point instead of childishly commenting on how I worded a comment. Unless you're a retard, you were deliberately being obtuse.

Discussions on the contract clearly started after Liverpool forcefully told him he wouldn't be sold this summer to Arsenal. I don't really care how long after that negotiation started since it's irrelevant.

Signing a new contract has no bearing in slightest of whether Suarez wants to stay or not. By signing it, it's beneficial to him and the club. He'll earn and extra £80K from December onwards and it strengthens his and the clubs positions in future discussions about sales. If he was still on his £120K salary a club wanting to sign him could offer him £200k and he'd gladly have accepted, now they'll have to offer him more money. How is that Suarez not looking after his best interests? It also means Liverpool remove the "discussion clause" that became public knowledge and by setting it at 2018 it means they'll be able to realistically ask for a higher transfer fee. So everyone wins.

What's Suarez meant to say during the middle of a season? "I hate Liverpool, I really don't want to be here" ? scratch You seriously can't be that naive  rofl It would completely destabilize your season and its in his best interests for Liverpool to get CL since then:

1) He'll be playing CL.
    2) The club have obviously told him to give them one more season and get them in the CL as that way they'll be more inclined to allow him to leave.

It seems to me that what you're posting is how you want it to be, rather than actual fact.  

You Arsenal fans always trot out the "what is he meant to say whilst he is there?", blah, blah. The fact of the matter is, he doesn't have to say anything, but he did. He could have just held his tongue, instead of telling everyone how he dreams to play in Europe with us.

Get over Suarez. He is our player, playing the best football of his life, and ultimately is happy with life at Liverpool. He will never be an Arsenal player, no matter how much Arsenal fans cry about it. The fact we're actually better than you right now will surely only serve to remind him that if he were to move, he should only consider Clubs like Madrid or Barca, instead of making what would now be a side-ways step, to a team that hasn't come close to winning anything in what, 9 years is it now?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:15 am

Ok.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:16 am

Good boy.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:17 am

Haha! Smile 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:58 am

"Luis Suárez 'very happy' at Liverpool with or without Champions League"

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/04/luis-suarez-liverpool-future-champions-league?CMP=twt_gu
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:19 am

Wrong thread.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:59 am

Have Liverpool fans admitted Lucas dived yet?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:23 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:Wrong thread.

Not really, because it's carrying on from the earlier conversation.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:32 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Wrong thread.

No, that conversation ended when instead of addressing a single one of my points you decided to tell Arsenal fans to "get over" the fact Suarez isn't an Arsenal player. I agreed to "get over" it by saying "OK".

Seems you can't get over your insecurities about Suarez still wanting to leave, why else would you post this clearly Liverpool related news in the Arsenal thread  Laughing
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

No, that conversation ended when instead of addressing a single one of my points you decided to tell Arsenal fans to "get over" the fact Suarez isn't an Arsenal player. I agreed to "get over" it by saying "OK".

Seems you can't get over your insecurities about Suarez still wanting to leave, why else would you post this clearly Liverpool related news in the Arsenal thread  Laughing

I addressed all of your points with one response, saying it was all stuff you wish/want to be true, rather than it being actual fact. It just sounded like your Christmas list. You're all clearly still butthurt over the fact that we didn't sell him to you, and mad at the fact that, in hindsight, he's probably glad he didn't go to the bottle factory. He will never make noises about wanting to go to Arsenal, ever again, imo. He had a "grass is greener" moment.

As for your second paragraph, I've already told you why I posted it. It's relevant to the earlier discussion and is further/more recent proof that Suarez is happy here. I've already said that the default stance you Arsenal fans seem to take whenever Suarez says he wants to stay is "what else he is going to say?" and I've already reminded you that Suarez isn't forced to say anything at all. He doesn't have to come out with these comments, but he did. I think you're just in denial because you're still mad that you didn't manage to sign the best player in the League by far and ended up pissing £40 million on an overrated German who was apparently supposed to be better than Suarez anyway.

Probably mad that Giroud went on to prove me right, too.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:16 pm

Why tell Arsenal fans "get over Suarez" if you're still insecure about him wanting to leave?  rofl Tells someone to get over it yet still drags the conversation out.

And you say I wish things were true? I'm using logic, unlike you who still seems to think Suarez loves Liverpool just because every once in awhile he comes out with preplanned statements the clubs have told him to say  rofl 
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:05 am

Keyser Söze wrote:Why tell Arsenal fans "get over Suarez" if you're still insecure about him wanting to leave?  rofl Tells someone to get over it yet still drags the conversation out.

And you say I wish things were true? I'm using logic, unlike you who still seems to think Suarez loves Liverpool just because every once in awhile he comes out with preplanned statements the clubs have told him to say  rofl 

Because Arsenal fans are clearly not over it. Look at the masses of #freesuarez tweets and there's even a fucking petition facepalm

Again, you're saying things that you just want to be true "still insecure about Suarez leaving" and "pre-planned statements the clubs have told him to say", etc. Just because you want these things to be true, it's doesn't mean it is :lol:Stinks of delusion and denial rofl

You're not using logic at all. You're speaking out of bitterness and anger towards the situation, which in turn, makes you look so delusional and upset. there there
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:13 am

In other news, Mertesacker and Rosicky signed new contracts. Which is good. Ramsey is reportedly about to sign a new contract too, which is also good. Apparently the same with Cazorla, which again, is good. But Sagna is looking likely to leave, which is not good.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:17 am

The Zlatan wrote:In other news, Mertesacker and Rosicky signed new contracts. Which is good. Ramsey is reportedly about to sign a new contract too, which is also good. Apparently the same with Cazorla, which again, is good. But Sagna is looking likely to leave, which is not good.
    Not sure giving a 2 year deal to a guy who turned 33 a couple of months ago is a good idea.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:22 am

It's odd for Arsenal to do something like that, but he hasn't really shown any signs slowing down. He's still very useful and his versatility and experience is valuable in my opinion. Shame we can't take a similar punt on Sagna...
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:52 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Keyser Söze wrote:Why tell Arsenal fans "get over Suarez" if you're still insecure about him wanting to leave?  rofl Tells someone to get over it yet still drags the conversation out.

Because Arsenal fans are clearly not over it. Look at the masses of #freesuarez tweets and there's even a fucking petition facepalm

Again, you're saying things that you just want to be true "still insecure about Suarez leaving" and "pre-planned statements the clubs have told him to say", etc. Just because you want these things to be true, it's doesn't mean it is :lol:Stinks of delusion and denial rofl

You're not using logic at all. You're speaking out of bitterness and anger towards the situation, which in turn, makes you look so delusional and upset. there there

You are insecure, why else would you post that link in the Arsenal thread?

I'm delusional? Scott, you think a player that was desperate to leave Liverpool only a few months ago and called the club liars and promise breakers, all of a sudden changed his mind I wants to stay because Gerrard "had a word" with him and has nothing to do with the extra £80K a week?  rofl  rofl  That is delusional on a RAWK level. The same Gerrard that had a testimonial dinner that Suarez refused to attend?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2384848/Luis-Suarez-turns-Liverpool-training-attending-Steven-Gerrard-testimonial-dinner.html

"I have told the manager that I want to leave the club"

"The club promised me something a year ago, just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League."

"I feel I have done enough to be playing in the Champions League at this stage of my career. Now there is an option for me to do that and I want very much to take it"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23592181

Odd that, isn't it? Seems when Suarez is out of reach from Liverpool FC he seems to speak the truth.

Or, yeah, he really had an epiphany of biblical proportions but even Paul the Apostle didn't have this big a change of heart.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:59 am

Keyser Söze wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

You are insecure, why else would you post that link in the Arsenal thread?

I'm delusional? Scott, you think a player that was desperate to leave Liverpool only a few months ago and called the club liars and promise breakers, all of a sudden changed his mind I wants to stay because Gerrard "had a word" with him and has nothing to do with the extra £80K a week?  rofl  rofl  That is delusional on a RAWK level. The same Gerrard that had a testimonial dinner that Suarez refused to attend?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2384848/Luis-Suarez-turns-Liverpool-training-attending-Steven-Gerrard-testimonial-dinner.html

"I have told the manager that I want to leave the club"

"The club promised me something a year ago, just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League."

"I feel I have done enough to be playing in the Champions League at this stage of my career. Now there is an option for me to do that and I want very much to take it"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23592181

Odd that, isn't it? Seems when Suarez is out of reach from Liverpool FC he seems to speak the truth.

Or, yeah, he really had an epiphany of biblical proportions but even Paul the Apostle didn't have this big a change of heart.

It's a bit special how you think that me posting a recent news article relating to an earlier discussion between ourselves means I'm insecure, despite me saying otherwise on two occasions now. You can bark it at me as many times as you want, but it's not going to magically make it true.

Also, it's funny how when it comes to Suarez quotes, only the ones that favour your side of the argument are genuine.

Yes, he obviously wanted to play CL football and had his heart set on a move to Real Madrid, but when it became apparent that Madrid weren't going to table an offer, he got a bit desperate and Arsenal became his only opportunity for CL football, so he pushed for that instead. It was heart over head.

Let's be honest, here. If Suarez genuinely, really, really wanted to go to Arsenal, he would be an Arsenal player right now. He would have forced a move. It's delusional to think otherwise. Even Arsenal fans at the time were saying that John Henry's claims of refusal to sell meant nothing, because if Suarez wanted to go to Arsenal, he could force the move through. He never did make that transfer request that he previously claimed he'd do. I wonder why?

Various factors led to a slow change of heart, including words from Gerrard, words from other people at the Club, the backing of the fans (who could easily have turned on him), etc. He has said all of this himself. (and the extra 80k helps, obviously).

Of course he didn't have an "epiphany", but it's not ridiculous to believe that a man of Suarez's character has changed his mind. Who knows what goes on inside his crazy head? This is a man who has allegedly used racial slurs on the pitch and has bitten two different football players.

But now, several months on, ahead of Arsenal in the League, top scorer and stop assist creator, playing the best football of his career in a team playing the most exciting football in the Division, it's easy to see why he's perfectly happy with life at Liverpool, and his recent interviews reflect this.

If he ever implies that he wants to go to Arsenal, ever again, whilst still here at Liverpool, I will withdraw every penny I have, and film myself throwing a lit match on the pile of cash. That's how confident I am that he has absolutely no interest in moving there.

5-1.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:27 am

Ramsey targets the Spurs game for his return, fucking hopefully him and Walcott have been missed badly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:24 pm