Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Novi
PrideOfTheMidlands
6 posters

Step Right Down iPad your days are numbered!

PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Step Right Down iPad your days are numbered! Empty Step Right Down iPad your days are numbered!

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:39 am

Step Right Down iPad your days are numbered! Thurrott%20Fig1%20Surface

this is beauty
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Step Right Down iPad your days are numbered! Empty Re: Step Right Down iPad your days are numbered!

Post by Novi Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:41 am

Is it actually any good?

How much is it?
    PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Step Right Down iPad your days are numbered! Empty Re: Step Right Down iPad your days are numbered!

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:44 am

same pricings as the iPad.

Better in most departmenta bar of course the app store and music
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am

I've been going on about this for weeks and you come along and make a thread Dry Smile

shifty

I'm considering getting one for University, it seems really good and versatile. Probably not good enough to use like instead of a laptop totally yet though.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am

£329 with Windows 8 on it too is a steal.
    PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:51 am

crump how about waiting for the pro version? Yeah it will be a lot more expensive but it WILL be able to fully replace a laptop i bet
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 am

Surprised

What does that do? I imagine quad triple intel processors or some shit.

I'm interested though, as long as it will play FM13 when I can do internet browsing and word processing I'm all ears.

It's so fucking sexy.
    PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:00 am

yeah i really wish they brought out the full version of FM for tablets, because its the shit simple version on iPads aswell
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:01 am

Does it read discs or USB?
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:02 am

Yeah it's a right ball ache.

Buddz, I don't think so, I imagine it has a feature similar to iTunes 'cloud' so you can integrate your windows shit, at least I hope;
    PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Does it read discs or USB?
    it has a USB slot, yes. It also has a microSD card slot and a HDMI output slot

Step Right Down iPad your days are numbered! 6d0476cf-2a6f-4edc-96e2-9ad4f15d431e.jpg#connect-share-default
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 am

Just read a quick review and this seems even shitter than the iPad.

Tablets are fucking useless.

Edit: The review was for the Windows RT one , which is meant to be shite.

Last edited by CollieBuddz on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 am

Well blow me,

brb buying one.

When is the big daddy one out Ed?
    PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:18 am

dunno crump, they said around a month after the other came out. But i think that was just speculation, realistically they should bring it out before christmas.

btw i havent actually got a surface, a local jon lewis has one on display and i go on it every time in town lol. The guy in the shop recognised me the other day shifty
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 am

Laughing Embarassing.

I'll check out the reviews for that.

I'm in two minds to like get that tablet and keep my laptop or just buy a Macbook Air or something.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:31 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Just read a quick review and this seems even shitter than the iPad.

They are not useless by any means, but people using them with the expectation that they will completely replace the functions of a laptop are either mentally challenged or born before 1950.
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:37 am

I can see them being so much handier than laptops in lectures ya'noooo.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Do guys actually use iPads in England? I've only seen girls with them over here.
    PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Diderot wrote:Do guys actually use iPads in England? I've only seen girls with them over here.
    yes, in fact i would say its more of a guys toy than a girls toy
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:50 pm

does it take a floppy diskette?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:18 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Does it read discs or USB?

USB, yes. No CD drive though. Not really necessary these days though.

I wonder if it can share a CD drive with a computer like MacBook Airs do.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:20 am

CollieBuddz wrote:Just read a quick review and this seems even shitter than the iPad.

What makes you say that? The iPad is just a bigger iPod Touch. The Microsoft Tablet blows the iPad out of the water when it comes to functionality. In fact, the Windows Tablet is the closest thing to replace a laptop.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:25 am

El_indian wrote:does it take a floppy diskette?
    rofl
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:25 am

ahlycotc wrote:

What makes you say that? The iPad is just a bigger iPod Touch. The Microsoft Tablet blows the iPad out of the water when it comes to functionality. In fact, the Windows Tablet is the closest thing to replace a laptop.

I can't remember what the review said exactly. But basically the guy got the RT version. Said the appstore was a ghost town, IE was terrible to use, it had memory issues, and you can't use the flappy keyboard (which costs a fucking bomb) on your lap it has to be on a flat SURFACE lol.

He specifically said this was no where near a replacement for a laptop. Which is a shame because when this thread was first posted I actually thought about purchasing it.

Last edited by CollieBuddz on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    crump
    crump

Post by crump Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 am

Nexus 7 fucks this up the arse.
    PrideOfTheMidlands
    PrideOfTheMidlands

Post by PrideOfTheMidlands Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:12 am

i heard android are the worst for tablets, mind=blown i'm due to be ordering one of these tomorrow Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:45 pm