Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Gegilworld93
Moose
Sean
El_indian
Glen Miller
AndItsKoren!
luke.
Mal
Cam
Kuled
Virus
15 posters

Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00

Poll

Swansea v. Chelsea

[ 2 ]
    Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 Bar_left40%Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 Bar_right [40%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 Bar_left20%Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 Bar_left40%Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 Bar_right [40%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Virus
    Virus

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 Empty Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00

Post by Virus Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:28 am

Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 200px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo_%28100th_anniversary%29.svg
    -----
    Tremmel, Rangel, Monk, Williams, Davies, Routledge, Britton, de Guzman, Ki, Hernandez, Michu. Subs: Cornell, Tate, Graham, Dyer, Shechter, Tiendalli, Agustien.

Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 190px-Chelsea_FC.svg
    -----
    Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole, Romeu, Mikel, Moses, Oscar, Hazard, Torres. Subs: Turnbull, Ramires, Ferreira, Marin, Sturridge, Bertrand, Piazon.
    ----------
    Swansea v Chelsea
    Barclays Premier League, Liberty Stadium
    Saturday, November 03, 2012

Last edited by Virus on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kuled

Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 Empty Re: Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00

Post by Kuled Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:34 am

That's a lovely swansea badge.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 Empty Re: Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00

Post by Cam Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:10 am

Is this on tv?
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:14 am

Saturday 3pm...
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:15 am

Sorry Sad I was just asking cos I think it's stupid to make threads for games that aren't on tv. Sad
    luke.
    luke.

Post by luke. Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:16 am

Hopefully Marin plays. And yes, I'm going to say that before every game we play until he plays.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:35 am

Cam wrote:Sorry Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 1371890812 I was just asking cos I think it's stupid to make threads for games that aren't on tv. Swansea v. Chelsea I Saturday I 15:00 1371890812

On in America.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:37 am

Most of us aren't in America though, are we?
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 am

So? It's still on TV.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 am

Cam wrote:Most of us aren't in America though, are we?
    Wait, so only matches that people living in England can watch on the television are worthy of threads? You are coming across as an elitist, Cameron.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:03 am

*sigh* Nevermind.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:06 am

If people want to watch this game they'll easily find a stream as well, it really doesn't matter if it is on TV or not, it's a relatively attractive game so should have a thread.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:06 am

I guess so.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:48 am

Kuled wrote:That's a lovely swansea badge.

I was gonna say that.

It is nice isn't it.

Should be a good game.
    Sean

Post by Sean Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Does Torres' suspension count for this or did the Carling Cup game complete it?
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:50 pm

Torres and Ivanovic are available for this match.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:34 pm

luke. wrote:Hopefully Marin plays. And yes, I'm going to say that before every game we play until he plays.

He's actually really shit.
    Virus
    Virus

Post by Virus Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:33 am

Since Chelsea last played Swansea, our 1-1 draw at the Liberty Stadium back in January, the Welsh club has looked south and taken on a very La Liga look.

It is nothing new in that part of the football world. During Roberto Martinez's 18 months in charge there he also signed Spanish players, but this summer following the departure of Brendan Rodgers, Swansea recruited Michael Laudrup who has a mighty history in the Spanish game, plus four players directly from Spanish clubs.

Ahead of this weekend's meeting with the Swans, Juan Mata gave the official Chelsea website the lowdown on the players who have crossed the Pyrenees to the Premier League, including some he knows especially well.

Pablo Hernandez, like Mata, was signed from Valencia.

'Pablo is one of my best friends in football,' Mata reveals about the 27-year-old.

'I was with him three years at Valencia and I was sharing my room with him for two years. We used to go on holiday together and we used to play golf together. He is a better golf player than me.

'As a football player he is a right winger, he has pace, he has quality and can cross and score goals. He used to play in the national team as well, when we were in the Confederations Cup three years ago.

'He asked me how it was playing in the Premier League and I said positive things about this, and about this country, and I think he is very happy here. He is enjoying his life in Wales and has Spanish friends there as well and he is learning English. I think it is a very good step for him in his life.'

MIchu, currently Swansea's top scorer in the league with six goals, is another player with whom Mata has a close relationship.

They are from the same city and grew up in the academy of the same club, Real Oviedo, although not together as Michu is one year older.

'He did really good things last season in the Spanish league, scoring 15 goals at Rayo Vallecano which was the best for a midfielder.

'So far he is doing very well at Swansea, he is scoring and is playing like a number 9. So he has settled down in the Premier League very well.

'Chico Flores is a central defender and I played with him in the Under-21 national team. We played together in a play-off to be qualified for the European Championships and he has experience because he used to play in Italy as well.'

Chico is rated an injury doubt for tomorrow's game but another Spanish defender, Angel Rangel is set to play. He was a Martinez signing who remains. Former Dutch Under-21 international midfielder Jonathan de Guzman joined this summer on loan from Villarreal.

'De Guzman used to play in Mallorca and when I played against him he was a very dynamic midfielder with the quality to play and to defend as well,' recalls Mata. 'He played for Michael Laudrup at Mallorca.

'Rangel has played for a long time at Swansea and knows this country very well and for me he is one of the most consistent full-backs in the league.'

Finally Mata spoke about Laudrup, one of a select band of players to be a success at both Barcelona and Real Madrid. In his first year as a manager in Spain he took Getafe to the final of Copa del Rey where they lost to Valencia for whom Mata scored.

'Michael was one of the best European footballers in history and the way he used to play, he is trying to include it now in his teams,' says Mata.

'They like to play with the ball from the back and not with the long balls.

'Last season at Swansea they played well against us, they moved the ball so quickly and nearly won. They changed players, changed manager but they are doing more or less the same this season. The idea is the same.'

---

The first game in November sees Chelsea go west, looking to stay top of the pile. Club historian Rick Glanvill and club statistician Paul Dutton switch their attention from cup to league…

TALKING POINTS

Chelsea's unbeaten runs in the Champions League and Barclays Premier League were ended in consecutive games over the last 10 days, so a return to winning ways on Wednesday was timely.
    The manner of the success over Manchester United - coming from behind three times, scoring a hatful and never giving up - is becoming a hallmark of this Chelsea side. Late goals have also served the team well. The three on Wednesday brought to eight the total notched from the 80th minute onwards this season.
    The Blues' back four has also weighed in with an impressive 13 goals this season. Gary Cahill (pictured below) now has five to his name and is behind only Juan Mata (seven) and Fernando Torres (six) on the top scorers list.

KEY STAT
    Chelsea are averaging 2.6 goals per game this season with 14 different scorers. We have scored 20 in our last six matches in all competitions.

However, ahead of this weekend's trip to Wales, the number of goals our leaky defence has conceded domestically has suffered upward inflation: one, two, three, and now four goals on the spin, and no clean sheet in five matches in all competitions.

Saturday's hosts Swansea, buoyed by their own triumph at Anfield on Wednesday, have likewise not prevented the opposition scoring at the Liberty since West Ham visited in August.
    That 3-0 demolition of the Hammers moved Michael Laudrup's team to top slot before three straight losses deposed them to 11th, where they remain. The concerned Dane emphasised the need to start home games especially well, but they have not hit the net in the first hour of a game at the Liberty since.

Chelsea's 5-4 extra-time win over Man United avoided a run of three successive defeats for the first time since almost exactly a decade ago under Claudio Ranieri. It also added another match to the Blues' bulging pre-Christmas schedule.

Our League Cup quarter-final away to time-honoured foes Leeds United, is delayed till 19 December, just two days after the squad's return flight from the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan lands in the UK.

The total of games to be played before the end of the year now rises to 16 in eight weeks. No one is complaining - it is a signal of success - but the physical demands on playing staff is mirrored by financial ones on supporters in straitened times.

It is all the more impressive, then, that Swansea and West Brom away, Liverpool, Man City and Shakhtar at home have all sold out, with others presently available almost certain to follow suit. More than 600 tickets have already been sold to Chelsea's intrepid Club World Cup pioneers.

Everton received a Capital One Cup allocation of five thousand at Elland Road this season; Southampton were offered three thousand. Such has been the enthusiasm among Chelsea fans for the Leeds trip - the first there since December 2003 - there is certain to be huge demand for a seat.

---

Roberto Di Matteo reports that Juan Mata (hamstring) and David Luiz (ankle) are major injury doubts for Saturday afternoon's game away to Swansea.

Ashley Cole has recovered from a swollen ankle and is available.

The manager also says Wednesday's Champions League match at home to Shakhtar Donetsk will come too soon for Frank Lampard to have overcome his calf injury.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:47 am

Luiz being injured is a good thing. Cahill + Ivanovic is a way better defensive pairing.
    Muhkoo
    Muhkoo

Supports : AFC AJAX X X X

Post by Muhkoo Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:28 am

No Mata is a shame for this match, Laudrup brings all his friends to the league and they won't even be able to play together Neutral

It's on TV here, surely you people yest and have access to a full EPL package.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:11 am

Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole, Mikel, Romeu, Moses, Hazard, Oscar, Torres.

Turnbull, Ramires, Ferreira, Marin, Sturridge, Bertrand, Piazon.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Post by Jorlung Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:19 am

Interesting Line-up by Chelsea.
    Jeff
    Jeff

Formerly known as : Jeffharper2011
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Jeff Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:24 am

Is Mata injured?
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:26 am

Yep.
    Virus
    Virus

Post by Virus Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:46 am

Mata wouldn't have played if he was fit either, he's had a lot of game-time recently. David Luiz is injured though, hence Ivanovic being pushed into the centre-half position with Dave at right-back.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:07 am

Stream anyone?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:11 am

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/150541/1/watch-swansea-city-fc-vs-chelsea.html
    Sean

Post by Sean Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:17 am

AndItsKoren! wrote:Luiz being injured is a good thing. Cahill + Ivanovic is a way better defensive pairing.

Maybe, but recently Cahill has been in much worse form than David Luiz, Luiz just gets picked up on mistakes more, probably because of his hair.
    Virus
    Virus

Post by Virus Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:18 am

Referees are too close to play as usual, Kevin Friend blocking Hazard's cross. Ivanovic & Torres have came close to scoring.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:20 am

Come on you Chelsea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 3:39 pm