Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Green on bomb alert

Anonymous

Green on bomb alert Empty Green on bomb alert

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:14 am

Beware of bomb in post

IBROX chief Charles Green was warned by cops to be on his guard against deadly mail bombs amid fears he could be targeted by crazed Rangers fans.
    Worried Green was forced to move between a string of safe-houses after police received credible intelligence that his life was in danger following his takeover of the club.
    He was ordered to check his car for explosives and Ibrox staff were given special instructions for handling his post.
    But incredibly, just a few months later the 59-year-old businessman has won over the majority of fans who slammed his buyout of the club — with a £20million share issue set to be a massive success.
    In his most in-depth interview since taking over at Ibrox, he admitted: “I got death threats. There were lots of threats.
    “I have had visits from Strathclyde Police who were treating the threats seriously.
    “They explained how the staff should look for strange packages and how I should make checks myself, including my car.
    “I wasn’t necessarily worried about my safety, it was more the staff and those people in the mail room.
    “These were real times for concern. There was specific intelligence.”
    As the threats escalated, Green changed his address every week to stay one step ahead of the yobs who were targeting him.

Green on bomb alert Ff61c281d4805ecabbd4bbf080fe887e

He added: “I was staying maximum seven nights in a hotel. Once it got known where I was staying then we’d move again.
    “I’d stay in the Holiday Inn, airport or this hotel and that hotel. I had to keep moving during the worst of it all.
    “The longest I stayed anywhere was at the Menzies Hotel, where I stayed a couple of weeks.
    “But by this time the relationship with the fans was improving.
    “Now I’ve got a flat in Glasgow’s West End — and I can live a normal life.”
    Green was left a prisoner in his office as furious fans staged protests and screamed abuse outside.
    He was so despised that cops joked that he should run to Celtic fans for safety if he was ever caught between them and furious Rangers supporters.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4602627/Beware-of-bomb-in-post.html#ixzz2A28JfKZJ
    Bushido
    Bushido

Green on bomb alert Empty Re: Green on bomb alert

Post by Bushido Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:20 am

Scottish.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:21 am

He's English.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:22 am

ZOMBIE KILLER wrote:He's English.

Bullshit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:18 am

Why are you lying Maestro mate? Smile

Rangers Chief Executive Charles Green has issued the following statement today.

“In remarks attributed to me in today’s Scottish Sun I was trying to get across how far we have travelled together since the dark days of the Club being put into administration and subsequent liquidation of the old company.

“No words can express the gratitude I feel towards Rangers fans at the way they have stood by the Club in one of its darkest hours.

“They have risen to the challenge of helping rebuild this great institution and have won widespread admiration across the world for their backing of Rangers.

“Not a day goes by without foreign TV stations or journalists telling me how amazed they are by the response of fans as they continue to back the Club in huge numbers.

“The reality is there were a few occasions in the very early days where I was clearly not the flavour of the month among some sections of the fanbase and I was subject to taunts and abuse.

“However, that was short-lived and the fans are now behind me and the board and we have all moved on together.

“I just want to make it clear that I believe Rangers fans are the best in the world and that is my heart felt position.

I appreciate the article in today’s Sun has upset some supporters and for that I am truly sorry. As I stated, I was merely trying to illustrate how far we have all come together.”

He was referring to May i.e. Almost 6 months ago. Glad that we cleared that up. Smile
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:31 am

How am I lying? I know he was referring to May, that's when he got the death threats

Does that make it alright?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:32 am

You said he is currently on "Bomb Alert", this happened almost 6 months ago.

Edit: Nice edit.
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:41 am

Fuck me, they even tried to kill their "saviour"? Laughing

They really are a different breed.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:42 am

Green on bomb alert doesn't specify when it happened

This is from todays newspaper .. it doesn't make it any better that it happened 6 months ago

He only feels confident to speak out now
    Drake
    Drake

Post by Drake Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:38 am

Scottish football Sleep
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:40 am

Drake wrote:Scottish football Sleep

Bahhhh
    Anonymous