Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
dena
Glen Miller
Theo Filippo
Jordi
Dr. Ján Ĩtor
Mal
AndItsKoren!
Zzonked
Harrold
ShakerMatty
14 posters

BBC Sport price of football

ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

BBC Sport price of football Empty BBC Sport price of football

Post by ShakerMatty Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:52 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

How much do tickets etc cost at your club?

Club Bury FC
    Cheapest season ticket £260.00
    Most expensive season ticket £335.00
    Cheapest match-day ticket £17.00
    Most expensive match-day ticket £21.00
    Cheapest day out £24.00
    Programme £3.00
    Pie £2.80
    Tea £1.20

We are cheaper then a lot of League 1 clubs and even some League 2 clubs.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

BBC Sport price of football Empty Re: BBC Sport price of football

Post by Harrold Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Cheapest season ticket: £260
    Most expensive season ticket: £324
    Cheapest match day ticket: £18
    Most expensive match day ticket: £26
    Cheapest day out: £25.50
    Programme: £3
    Pie: £3
    Tea £1.50

Last edited by Harrold on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:30 pm

2nd cheapest Season ticket in the prem.

BBC Sport price of football Tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400

Most expensive pie I think, but 0 fucks given because pies are groce, the thought of eating one makes me feel ill.

Last edited by Zzonked on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Also lol at Millwall, 'did not respond'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Celtic's cheapest option is still £112 more expensive than the equivalent ticket at Premier League champions Manchester City .

Neutral
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Arsenals should be severely lowered considering you get literally fuck all back from the players.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:04 am

Newcastle have the cheapest day out in the Premier League at £23.00. That is really good, there is only 6 Championship clubs and 2 League 1 club that offer a cheaper day out than that too.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:05 am

Bushido wrote:Arsenals should be severely lowered considering you get literally fuck all back from the players.

They play the buirtiful football which entertains the fans, which is possibly the main point of watching football at all.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Bushido wrote:Arsenals should be severely lowered considering you get literally fuck all back from the players.

They play the buirtiful football which entertains the fans, which is possibly the main point of watching football at all.

Winning game/Trophies should be the main concern. The price for 'beautiful football with no trophy' is a bit steep, don't you think?
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 am

Yeah, I wouldn't mind paying that if I was an Arsenal supporter. You are guarenteed good football and goals, the majority of games are dominated by your team too. The prices for Liverpool are ridiculous considering the quality of football they get, although it looks like it has improved a little this season.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:10 am

And Arsenal is a very corporate stadium in a popular place in London.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:14 am

Bushido wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:

Winning game/Trophies should be the main concern. The price for 'beautiful football with no trophy' is a bit steep, don't you think?

Well I've thought about this before and came to the conclusion that for me, football isn't about trophies. Sure they are nice and it's a short period of euphoria, but it's not about that as a whole. It's something we watch for entertainment. I would say it's more about the journey. Similar to how a piece of music isn't good because of the finale, you have to enjoy the whole thing.

I think the main goal for players is trophies, but for fans it should be enjoyment over the course of a season and people often lose sight of that. Maybe winning games would be a better point to football though, because it's tough to enjoy it if you're not winning at least a bit.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:24 am

I don't know how I feel about winning trophies. I've only witnessed Hull win one and it wasn't even a proper trophy really. It did feel good for like an hour but it was more about facing better teams rather than actually winning anything.

Although saying that, when we lost in the quarter final of the FA Cup at Emirates after leading, that kinda did hurt. I have no idea if that was because we took the lead, or the stupid ref, or the way we lost it or even the mini rivalry we seemed to have with Arsenal in the Premier League though.

Playing well at home is probably the biggest enjoyment, even if the team is awful on the road. Look at Fulham and Stoke, piss poor away from home but they play really well at home, competing with just about every team and they fill/almost fill their stadiums.
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:21 am

ours really isnt much better than arsenals, of course, it matters fuck all to me and my armchair.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:07 am

Cheapest day out at Saints is £36.20. Not too bad.

Gotta add an extra tenner for me though as I have to pay for ferry travel. Mad
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:01 am

Zzonked wrote:
    Bushido wrote:

Well I've thought about this before and came to the conclusion that for me, football isn't about trophies. Sure they are nice and it's a short period of euphoria, but it's not about that as a whole. It's something we watch for entertainment. I would say it's more about the journey. Similar to how a piece of music isn't good because of the finale, you have to enjoy the whole thing.

I think the main goal for players is trophies, but for fans it should be enjoyment over the course of a season and people often lose sight of that. Maybe winning games would be a better point to football though, because it's tough to enjoy it if you're not winning at least a bit.

For me -personally- it's about signings, which is why Everton frustrate me as we have to sell our best players to get new players on the cheap.

I understand what you mean about trophies but I'd imagine Arsenal fans would rather pay that much and witness Champions league cup runs/Premier league title wins but I find the fact they sell their best players and replace them with Giroud a bit of a travesty when you think of the money they pay.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:50 am

Oh yes, that terrible player Giroud.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:44 pm

ShakerMatty wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19842397

How much do tickets etc cost at your club?

Club Bury FC
    Cheapest season ticket £260.00
    Most expensive season ticket £335.00
    Cheapest match-day ticket £17.00
    Most expensive match-day ticket £21.00
    Cheapest day out £24.00
    Programme £3.00
    Pie £2.80
    Tea £1.20

We are cheaper then a lot of League 1 clubs and even some League 2 clubs.

Your cheapest season ticket is actually more than the cheapest season ticket for Wigan which is £255. Laughing
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Jordi wrote:Cheapest day out at Saints is £36.20. Not too bad.

Gotta add an extra tenner for me though as I have to pay for ferry travel. Mad
    Mad
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:48 pm

LONDON -- Arsenal continues to have the most expensive ticket prices in the Barclay's Premier League. The team's most expensive match ticket was 126 pounds ($203.27), while a season ticket costs 1,955 pounds ($3,153.65), according to a BBC survey released Thursday.

BBC Sport price of football Arsenal_fans_275x155
    GettyImagesArsenal continues to have the most expensive ticket prices in the Barclay's Premier League.

Arsenal's cheapest season ticket is 985 pounds ($1589.79) and the most expensive is 1,955, although that includes seven FA Cup or European games in addition to the standard 19 Premier League matches.

The cheapest season ticket belongs to Wigan at 255 pounds ($409.65). Manchester City was second at 275 pounds ($441.79).

By comparison, in the NFL, the New York Jets have the highest average, nonpremium ticket price in the league at $117.94 and the Boston Red Sox have the highest average for a nonpremium ticket at $53.38, followed by the New York Yankees at $51.55.

The NFL average ticket price was $77.36 last year, and baseball's was $26.92. It was $57.10 in the NHL and $48.48 in the NBA in their previous seasons.

The cheapest tickets in English soccer's top four divisions have increased by an average of 11.7 percent since last season, more than five times the rate of inflation.

The BBC survey showed the average price of the cheapest match ticket in the Premier League has increased from 24.87 pounds last year to 28.30 pounds ($40.10 to $45.60) this year, an increase of nearly 14 percent. This was in stark contrast to the Consumer Price Index, one measure of inflation in Britain, which stood at 2.2 percent in September.

In the United States, NFL ticket prices for the 2012-2013 season were up 2.5 percent over the previous season while Major League Baseball ticket prices remained flat for 2012 for the first time in two decades.

The cost of watching soccer could drive young fans, according to Football Supporters' Federation chairman Malcolm Clarke.

"If you compare prices to other countries like Germany there are huge disparities. Season tickets at (Bundesliga champions) Borussia Dortmund start from 225 euros ($295) which includes three Champions League games -- that works out at about 8.90 pounds ($14) per match and includes free public transport," Clarke said. "In comparison our prices are simply unacceptable."

Newcastle offered the best overall value in the Premier League for a day out, charging 23 pounds ($37.10) for a ticket, a program, a pie and a cup of tea. A day out at Arsenal with the cheapest ticket would count 34.30 pounds ($55.10).

The most expensive cup of tea is in Manchester, where both City and United charge 2.50 pounds ($4.02).

Last month, Borussia Dortmund supporters protested Bundesliga ticket prices by leaving the stands at Hamburg. Two years ago, Borussia fans started the "Kein Zwanni" movement protesting 20-euro tickets ($26). The campaign against ticket-price hikes by Bundesliga clubs began with a boycott of the local derby against Schalke and, for the first time in years, that match failed to sell out.

£2.50 for tea in Manchester? That really sucks unless they put something good in that tea, by something good I don't mean lemon or sugar.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:49 pm

ZOMBIE KILLER wrote:
    Celtic's cheapest option is still £112 more expensive than the equivalent ticket at Premier League champions Manchester City .

Neutral

And yet you wonder why the attendances are dwindling? Confused

Practically chasing them away.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:53 pm

For those who have it what are the going rates for obstructed view seats? If it is a deep discount I would take it to go to an actual game. If that was the only affordable way to see your team play would you take those seats? With the expenses of this time it is something that should be considered.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Mal wrote:And Arsenal is a very corporate stadium in a popular place in London.

This is it really, all the other London teams play in stadiums that are decades old.
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Weather130 wrote:For those who have it what are the going rates for obstructed view seats? If it is a deep discount I would take it to go to an actual game. If that was the only affordable way to see your team play would you take those seats? With the expenses of this time it is something that should be considered.

I'm not sure how many restricted view seats exist nowadays. I know in the away sections of Liverpool and Everton but even then I have no idea if they discount them or not because I've never been allocated them. I would be surprised if restricted view seats existed in Premier League stadiums for home supporters.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Everton's discount for restricted view is £1.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Jordi wrote:Everton's discount for restricted view is £1.

You've got to be an idiot to sit in a restricted view seat Laughing I'd rather not go than sit behind a post like an idiot.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:24 am

Bushido.. you're funny.

Says the fans main concern should be about winning trophies over simply entertaining.. your own concern is signing players.

A dog lobster
    AndItsKoren!
    AndItsKoren!

Post by AndItsKoren! Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:31 am

Bushido wrote:

You've got to be an idiot to sit in a restricted view seat Laughing I'd rather not go than sit behind a post like an idiot.

Why must they be an idiot? Some away fans don't get the chance to go to matches often or would like to visit other grounds when they can.

The first time I went to Hillsborough there was a massive post in front holding the roof up. It wasn't directly in front, 6 or 7 rows, but it was annoying. The next 3 times I went I managed to have tickets towards the middle of the stand so not much obstruction except on corners.
    Sean

Post by Sean Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:16 am

Expensive as fuck across the board.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:30 am

Now that is a true BS discount, unless they are the only seats left when you buy your tickets.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 2:08 am