Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Aston Villa statement

Anonymous

Aston Villa statement Empty Aston Villa statement

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:15 am

LMAO, what is going on

Club statement
    Club statement.

Villa were surprised late last week when a Charles Green took a swipe at the club.

Whilst admittedly bizarre and out of left field, Green did later apologise, as set out below, stating that he was aware of Villa's pedigree from a defeat of Sheffield Utd when he had worked there.

We are hoping that going forward Green will retreat to his day job and leave the cutting remarks for those standing on somewhat stronger footing.

Apology from Charles Green, Chief Executive of Rangers Football Club, to Aston Villa:-

During a press briefing I was asked how I saw the future of football. I was explaining how I believed that the current situation where clubs in England are receiving massive revenues from television rights, yet remain behind the big clubs in England and Europe in terms of success in competition, is unlikely to continue forever. Some of my remarks were taken out of context and I apologise unreservedly to Aston Villa, whom I know full well to be a club with a proud history. I remember clearly - but not too fondly - them beating Sheffield Utd in the FA Cup when I was chief executive there."

Make sure you're here to back the boys against Norwich City.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2950395,00.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    Anonymous

Aston Villa statement Empty Re: Aston Villa statement

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:18 am

Charles Green said Villa were shit and nobody wants to play them, they're a small club etc.

Free speech?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:Charles Green said Villa were shit and nobody wants to play them, they're a small club etc.

Free speech?

Of course Laughing

But still hilarious
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:25 am

He also said the same about Southampton.
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:29 am

Templeton7|RFC wrote:Charles Green said Villa were shit and nobody wants to play them, they're a small club etc.

Free speech?

Incredibly hypocritical from the Chairman of a Scottish third division club, just coming off the back of a defeat to the worst team in Scottish professional football.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 am

Totti wrote:

Free speech?

Incredibly hypocritical from the Chairman of a Scottish third division club, just coming off the back of a defeat to the worst team in Scottish professional football.

Results don't make you a small club.

He's not talking about quality of players.

It's to do with fan base, revenue, merchandising etc.
    Bushido
    Bushido

Post by Bushido Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:20 am

Here we go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:10 am