Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mourinho won't rule out PSG

Weather130
    Weather130

Mourinho won't rule out PSG Empty Mourinho won't rule out PSG

Post by Weather130 Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Print

• By Fabien Perrin and Dermot Corrigan

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has indicated he could yet be tempted to manage big spending French side Paris Saint Germain despite twice rejecting their approaches in the past.

Mourinho won't rule out PSG Josemourinhoclose20120822_275x155
    PA PhotosJose Mourinho: Ready for Clasico test

Jose: Clasico just one more game
    Preview: Barcelona v Real Madrid

PSG, now owned by the Qatar Investment Authority, have lofty ambitions and last season finished second in Ligue 1 and earned a return to the Champions League. They also appointed Carlo Ancelotti as their manager but have courted Mourinho in the past.

"I think being a champion in another country is a motivation for me," Mourinho, who has won the league title in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain with FC Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real, told French sports channel BeInSport.

"I was a champion in four countries, so why not a fifth?

"At the moment, the PSG project is in good hands with Carlo Ancelotti and [director of football] Leonardo. So, for the moment, Paris does not need another coach."

The former Chelsea manager again predicted he would end up working again in England some day.

"I am happy and want to continue where I am," he said. "I have signed with Real Madrid for four more years, and this is the top club in the world of football. After England and Italy, I was missing Madrid from my CV. Now I have it, I must work with all my powers.

"Everyone knows I was very happy living in London, and my family too. I will surely return there, because I want to coach for many years and it is difficult to be at Madrid for a long time."

Mourinho won't rule out PSG Logo_espn_conversation_small

• I guess Mourinho has really managed everywhere but I don't think PSG is currently looking for a new manager at the moment.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:04 pm