Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Totti
samiz
Childish Logic
Ham.
ayvee1
Harrold
dena
Trent
ConorCelticFC
13 posters

David Templeton transfer

Anonymous

David Templeton transfer Empty David Templeton transfer

Post by Guest Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:32 pm

I feel this deserves its own thread as I thought it would bring up some good discussion

For anyone who doesn't know, David Templeton of Hearts signed for Sevco (The new Rangers) last night. I'm sure he was attracting interest from England, he's a good player, but opted instead to drop down three divisions after an offer from The Rangers.

He stars in a European game against Liverpool and then 24hrs later he is in the 4th division of scottish football. Is this a case of them offering players ridiculous amounts of money, having learned nothing from the old club? Are players being told they'll be back in the SPL next season? As they certainly aren't building a team for the 3rd division

Thoughts?

(Jela you don't have to come in here guns blazing I'm acknowledging he is a good player, but trying to create discussion on the transfer)
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

David Templeton transfer Empty Re: David Templeton transfer

Post by ConorCelticFC Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:36 pm

When probably the best or second best player outside Celtic in a country leaves for the fourth tier in that country you know something is wrong.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:38 pm

ConorCelticFC wrote:When probably the best or second best player outside Celtic in a country leaves for the fourth tier in that country you know something is wrong.

I don't rate him that highly, but yeah it's astonishing. What is he thinking?
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 pm

He's probably ruined his career. He could have been playing at a lower Premier League club but now he's playing in the 4th tier of Scottish Football.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 pm

If they are paying him big wages who cares, morally it's wrong because they got sent down to the 4th division for financial reasons but I doubt there are any laws saying they can't, about the second point we'll just have to wait and see what happens. If Rangers somehow end up in the SPL next year or division two then you know there's an issue (would be regardless of the transfer), it also could be that the kid really wants to play for Rangers, and they are virtually guaranteed to play in the SPL soon, so it's just an inevitability. I dunno.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 pm

The she teds had a bid rejected for him a few days ago. I am pleased he didn't sign for them. hehe

But it is a strange one. You can't deny the pulling power Rangers still have. I don't expect him to stay with Rangers the full way to their return.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:40 pm

He could easily have got a move to a top Championship club. Cardiff tried to get him last season. I would say that he, together with Russell and Mackay-Steven, is the best non-Celtic player in Scotland.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Disappointing. A waste of his talent IMO.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Harrold wrote:The she teds had a bid rejected for him a few days ago. I am pleased he didn't sign for them. hehe

But it is a strange one. You can't deny the pulling power Rangers still have. I don't expect him to stay with Rangers the full way to their return.

It's not pulling power it's financial power. The new club have little to offer apart from money. After being liquidated they have a fresh start, fans have put in a bit of money and they are blowing it on SPL players that they simply don't need. Part of me thinks they are trying to water down the SPL to prove a point. Despite being liquidated the new club are outspending SPL clubs, to be expected but morally wrong. They were supposed to have a transfer embargo but it conveniently doesn't start until today
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Hearts have just released a statement saying the player basically wanted to leave for a club which offered the most money, even if it meant dropping three divisions. Sad state of affairs.
    Ham.
    Ham.

Post by Ham. Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Stupid move.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Players moving for money isn't new.....
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:05 am

Big wages? Our highest paid player is on 7k a week. Laughing

He's on no more than 5k a week, so must have been getting pretty shit wages at Hearts.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:09 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Big wages? Our highest paid player is on 7k a week. Laughing

He's on no more than 5k a week, so must have been getting pretty shit wages at Hearts.

He will be on at least 10k per week.
    samiz
    samiz

Post by samiz Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:11 am

Players moving for the money, shocker.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:13 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Big wages? Our highest paid player is on 7k a week. Laughing

Incorrect. Somebody on a Rangers forum made a thread days ago stating that this transfer would happen as he works for the club. Our highest paid player is on 7k a week outside Bocanegra & Goian who left on loan, so we don't pay their wages. He's also called previous transfers days before they've happened.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:13 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

Incorrect. Somebody on a Rangers forum made a thread days ago stating that this transfer would happen as he works for the club. Our highest paid player is on 7k a week outside Bocanegra & Goian who left on loan, so we don't pay their wages. He's also called previous transfers days before they've happened.

rofl Legit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:34 am

samiz wrote:Players moving for the money, shocker.

Of course that's not shocking, what is shocking is he's gone down to the fourth tier of Scottish football for money
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:38 am

Yep, that's it right there. It's one thing moving to a different club in the same division for money, it's another dropping 3 divisions into a league of part-timers for it.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

rofl
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:55 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    ConorCelticFC wrote:

rofl
    JORDY_RFC
    JORDY_RFC

Supports : Rangers

Post by JORDY_RFC Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:09 am

templeton what a signing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:18 am

Now all we need is ShakerMatty to come in and you have your little team. It's a regular thing that club staff are members of fans forums, just because you lot go around trying to sweep everything I say under the carpet and make Rangers look bad, it doesn't fool anybody else.
    Trent
    Trent

Post by Trent Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:20 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Now all we need is ShakerMatty to come in and you have your little team. It's a regular thing that club staff are members of fans forums, just because you lot go around trying to sweep everything I say under the carpet and make Rangers look bad, it doesn't fool anybody else.
    Wait....wut
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:52 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Now all we need is ShakerMatty to come in and you have your little team. It's a regular thing that club staff are members of fans forums, just because you lot go around trying to sweep everything I say under the carpet and make Rangers look bad, it doesn't fool anybody else.

Retract, rethink, retype.

Sense being made is not.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Formerly known as : Burytillidie
    Supports : Bury and Salford RLFC

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:43 am

What? Laughing

Why are you bringing me in to this and not making sense when doing so?
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:49 am

David Templeton transfer 26028483
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:50 am

ConorCelticFC wrote:

David Templeton transfer 26028483
    rofl rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:50 am

ShakerMatty wrote:
    What? Laughing

You come into the Rangers thread and post bullshit about how we're a new club, even though it's been proven and made quite obvious in the press ect recently that we're not. Laughing at things anti-Rangers i.e. anything the celtic fans post.
    ShakerMatty
    ShakerMatty

Post by ShakerMatty Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:52 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    ShakerMatty wrote:
    What? Laughing

You come into the Rangers thread and post bullshit about how we're a new club, even though it's been proven and made quite obvious in the press ect recently that we're not. Laughing at things anti-Rangers i.e. anything the celtic fans post.

You are a new club, you're as bad as those bleeding union bears.

I haven't like Rangers since that takeover of Bury was rumoured round. Yes it was probably bollocks but it didn't help to make anyone respect you in any way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 4:44 pm