Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Another Gun attack in America

Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Another Gun attack in America Empty Another Gun attack in America

Post by Cam Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:38 am

http://news.sky.com/story/972146/policeman-among-three-dead-in-texas-gunfight

A police officer and another man have been shot dead near a United States college campus - with the suspected shooter also killed in the gunfight.

Another three police officers and a woman were also wounded during the shootings in the area just east of Texas A&M University.

The officer killed has been named as Brian Bachmann, 41, who had responded to a call to a home near the university's campus in College Station.

It is being reported Mr Bachmann was assisting with an eviction.

The man suspected of the shootings had earlier been taken into custody, but has since died of injuries suffered during an exchange of gunfire with police

Assistant Police Chief Scott McCollum told a press conference that Mr Bachmann and a male civilian had been killed, but said he could say why officers had been sent to the address.

Bryan Police spokesman Jon Agnew said officers had established a cordon around the area just east of campus, but that they do not believe a second suspect is involved.

He said two other injured officers received hospital treatment and that the civilian woman hurt was undergoing surgery.

The university issued a statement on its website just before 12.30pm local time on Monday, warning of an active shooter near the campus football stadium, Kyle Field. Residents and students were advised to avoid the area.

College Station lies about 90 miles northwest of Houston.

Anonymous

Another Gun attack in America Empty Re: Another Gun attack in America

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:43 am

I posted this after the Batman shooting

Relevant bit from 1:30
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:45 am

The second amendment. neu worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:47 pm

There was an attack in a Sikh temple in Wisconsin not to long ago. Didn't seem to get much coverage here to be honest(although to be fair I don't watch tv, and can only go by what I've seen online)

Probably because the victims were a bunch of people who looked Muslim.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:27 pm

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-most-meaningless-arguments-against-gun-control/
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:04 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:There was an attack in a Sikh temple in Wisconsin not to long ago. Didn't seem to get much coverage here to be honest(although to be fair I don't watch tv, and can only go by what I've seen online)

Muslims are being slaughtered in Burma and it's not getting attention.
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:05 am

ahlycotc wrote:
    Ché Guayaba wrote:There was an attack in a Sikh temple in Wisconsin not to long ago. Didn't seem to get much coverage here to be honest(although to be fair I don't watch tv, and can only go by what I've seen online)

Muslims are being slaughtered in Burma and it's not getting attention.

You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

New York (CNN) -- A shooting at the Empire State Building -- one of the most iconic tourist destinations in New York -- killed two people and wounded at least eight others Friday, a law enforcement official said.

The shooter, who was one of the two killed, was shot dead by police, the New York Police Department said.
    Witnesses say the gunman was wielding a large gun and was shot at least three times.

They say a security guard chased him down 5th Avenue, and helped alert police.

Local and federal authorities converged on the building around 9 a.m. after reports of gunfire, and have since closed several streets around 5th Avenue and 34th Street in Manhattan.

New York resident Max Kaplan, 22, said he heard at least nine gunshots. He said several ambulances have arrived at the scene.
    "We're all very shaken up at the office," Kaplan said.

New York resident Rebecca Fox -- who works across the street from the Empire State Building -- said she had been getting coffee with her headphones on when she saw people running.

Fox then said she saw a woman who had been shot near the midtown Heartland Brewery, as well as blood on the sidewalk.
    "It's just a crazy scene here," she said.

The Empire State Building is one of the most famous skyscrapers in the world, and one of New York City's best-known tourist attractions.
    Each year, about 4 million people visit the building's two observation decks.

At more than 1,453 feet tall, the landmark building reaches more than a quarter-mile into the sky.
    "There's always a focus and concentration on the building," said retired police officer Lou Palumbo

"That building gets special attention.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:18 am

There was actually a fair bit of news coverage on it, if you watch local news obviously it wont be up front and center but it was featured on CNN/MSNBC for a few days.

As the shooting at the Empire State Building... welp America man Neutral

You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

What?
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:19 am

Just a quote from Batman. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:35 am

10 shot, 2 dead.

RIP
    Cam
    Cam

Post by Cam Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:35 am

Is that including the shooter, cos I know that he died?
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:37 am

It's only getting attention now because of the Bat Man shooting. There have been a lot more on-campus shootings in the past.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:38 am

Cam wrote:Is that including the shooter, cos I know that he died?

Apparently he was a worker who just got fired, he went up to his former manager and shot him in the face, then started shooting. So I assume those are the two dead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:28 am