Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Theo Filippo
Bye_Ya
Mal
fluffy_kittens
limerickcitykid
ResurrectionRooney
CollieBuddz
Trent
VivaRonaldoLAD
13 posters

No charge for Texas dad who killed daughter's rapist

Anonymous

No charge for Texas dad who killed daughter's rapist Empty No charge for Texas dad who killed daughter's rapist

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:58 am

A US father who found his five-year-old daughter being raped, then beat the attacker to death will not be charged, prosecutors have said.

The 23-year-old man told police he found the girl being assaulted on Saturday 9 June by Jesus Mora Flores in a rural part of southern Texas.

A grand jury has declined to indict the man, finding that he was allowed to use deadly force to protect his daughter.

The father has not been named to protect the identity of his daughter.

The Lavaca County district attorney and sheriff announced the man would not face charges, as they held a news conference on Tuesday.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

Come on! This guy is going to die on me! I don't know what to do!”

Father's 911 call
    A witness who saw Flores abducting the girl to a remote spot raised the alarm, said a statement by the district attorney.

The father ran towards his daughter's screams and as he found her being attacked, "inflicted several blows to the man's head and neck area", said investigators.

A recording of the father's 911 telephone call was played at the news conference in which he tells a dispatcher he beat up a man he found raping his daughter.

As police struggle to locate the family ranch, the father swears and tells the dispatcher: "Come on! This guy is going to die on me! I don't know what to do!"

Emergency crews who responded to the father's 911 call found Flores' trousers and underwear pulled down on his lifeless body.

A medical examination of the girl at hospital backed up the father's story that she had been sexually assaulted, said prosecutors.

The father was not arrested, but was investigated for homicide.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

No charge for Texas dad who killed daughter's rapist Empty Re: No charge for Texas dad who killed daughter's rapist

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:03 am

Excellent news.
    Anonymous

No charge for Texas dad who killed daughter's rapist Empty Re: No charge for Texas dad who killed daughter's rapist

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:04 am

Abducted and sexually assaulted a 5 year old little girl.. beat to death.

I like this justice.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:05 am

Great news.
    CollieBuddz
    CollieBuddz

Post by CollieBuddz Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:08 am

He deserved a fair trial and his basic human rights.

The father should have received some sort of punishment. You can't take the law into your own hands. It seems he killed the man with his bare hands, if so then the rapist most likely would have been unconscious before the killer blow was dealt. That is not reasonable force.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:13 am

CollieBuddz wrote:He deserved a fair trial and his basic human rights.

The father should have received some sort of punishment. You can't take the law into your own hands. It seems he killed the man with his bare hands, if so then the rapist most likely would have been unconscious before the killer blow was dealt. That is not reasonable force.

You don't know that, you certainly can't prove it beyond reasonable doubt. Given the circumstances I'm sure his judgement would have been extremely impaired through no fault of his own, using somewhat excessive force is understandable. In any case, he could easily have sustained injuries while conscious which would later have killed him without immediately incapacitating him.

He did deserve a trial & basic human rights, but in this case, tough shit. If the father had hunted him down a few hours later and killed him then fair enough, it's murder, but not here.
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

Post by limerickcitykid Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:15 am

well done to the father, should be rewarded. Sick fucks like that deserve to die.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:18 am

I'd usually agree with you, but since this happened during the assault I think the circumstances are a bit different.

If someone is attacking you or a loved one and it's not some stupid street fight kind of thing you probably want to make your the guy is incapacitated, you don't want him getting up and continuing his assault. Also it's not hard to believe that he might not have necessarily just beat the living shit out of him, he might have struck him a few times and he ended up dying. It says he hit him in the neck, bad guy could have suffered a collapsed windpipe or something. All it takes is one bad blow to kill someone really, which is probably why you shouldn't fight anyone ever if you can help it.

Don't think excessive force counts here.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:20 am

limerickcitykid wrote:well done to the father, should be rewarded. Sick fucks like that deserve to die.

No he shouldn't, he's killed someone extrajudicially. You say people like the rapist are "sick", you're right, they are sick, they have an illness, don't they deserve our sympathy? If he didn't have that illness he would never have got into that situation.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:28 am

if only this had happened to Jerry Sandusky so many years ago when he got caught we wouldn't have gone through this whole saga now. Not quite justice though, have to say
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:31 am

It's legal by Texas law to kill someone to prevent them from sexually harassing someone.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:31 am

Texas Penal Code, Title II - General Principles of Criminal Responsibility, Chapter 9 - Justifications Excluding Criminal Responsibility, Subchapter C. Protection of Persons. Sec. 9.32 Deadly Force in Defense of Persons.
    (a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:
    (1) if the actor would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.31; and
    (2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
    (B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:32 am

Rick Rosstrich wrote:

It's legal by Texas law to kill someone to prevent them from sexually harassing someone.
    You can shoot someone in the face if they step on your lawn in Texas.

Serious.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:33 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:
    Rick Rosstrich wrote:

Serious.

lool
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

Post by limerickcitykid Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:36 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    limerickcitykid wrote:well done to the father, should be rewarded. Sick fucks like that deserve to die.

No he shouldn't, he's killed someone extrajudicially. You say people like the rapist are "sick", you're right, they are sick, they have an illness, don't they deserve our sympathy? If he didn't have that illness he would never have got into that situation.
    As Elro has said it is legal to do this and I know for sure if someone did this to my daughter I would make sure they went through as much pain as possible. They should be put in mental institutions before they're allowed to do these things.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:39 am

Texas is so fucked up though man, the whole South is kinda fucked up to be honest.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:40 am

limerickcitykid wrote:

As Elro has said it is legal to do this and I know for sure if someone did this to my daughter I would make sure they went through as much pain as possible. They should be put in mental institutions before they're allowed to do these things.

I don't have a problem with the legality of it, I think he's probably get off with it in this country as well, I simply disagree that he should be rewarded. What you're talking about - putting your victim through as much pain as possible - is completely illegal.
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

Post by limerickcitykid Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:46 am

limerickcitykid wrote:

I don't have a problem with the legality of it, I think he's probably get off with it in this country as well, I simply disagree that he should be rewarded. What you're talking about - putting your victim through as much pain as possible - is completely illegal.
    it may not be right but you dont think in situations like this and it is what I would do
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:49 am

limerickcitykid wrote:

it may not be right but you dont think in situations like this and it is what I would do

And as a result you'd go to prison for a very long time.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:51 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:
    Rick Rosstrich wrote:

Serious.

I caught a guy reaching through my window one night. When I told the cops his head was through the window they said I could have shot him in the face because he broke the plane (boundary) of the house.
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

Post by limerickcitykid Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:51 am

limerickcitykid wrote:

And as a result you'd go to prison for a very long time.
    not if i dont get caught
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:53 am

You are a moron.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:55 am

Bye_Ya wrote:
    Ché Guayaba wrote:You can shoot someone in the face if they step on your lawn in Texas.

Serious.

I caught a guy reaching through my window one night. When I told the cops his head was through the window they said I could have shot him in the face because he broke the plane (boundary) of the house.
    I would of probably shot him. Then gone to jail possibly. Your only allowed to use deadly force in California if you think your life is in danger. If the guy is running down your hall with your new tv but isn't threatening your life you can't shoot him in the back or anything.

Still though, I think someone sticking there head into your house is a bit different to someone just stepping on your grass. Laughing

That's more understandable, you don't know if the guy is armed or something, so shooting him in the face might be a justified reaction.

What did you do though? Fuck, must of scared the shit out of you. Laughing
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:02 am

I came around the corner in my boxers and yelled "Hey, what the fuck are you doing?!" Laughing I scared the shit out of him. He bolted with his friend who was being a lookout. The cops said they had a good finger print, but they never called me back about any leads. Yeah, I was scared as hell though.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:07 am

Ché Guayaba wrote:
    Rick Rosstrich wrote:

Serious.

One of my friends on psn was telling me about this. He also said that if you shoot someone in your house, but don't kill them, you can get into some deep shit Laughing

Otherwise killing intruders who pose a threat to you is acceptable?

No charge for Texas dad who killed daughter's rapist 8f8cc_ORIG-intredasting
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:05 am

Grenade wrote:
    Ché Guayaba wrote:You can shoot someone in the face if they step on your lawn in Texas.

Serious.

One of my friends on psn was telling me about this. He also said that if you shoot someone in your house, but don't kill them, you can get into some deep shit Laughing

Otherwise killing intruders who pose a threat to you is acceptable?

No charge for Texas dad who killed daughter's rapist 8f8cc_ORIG-intredasting

Randolph not worthy
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:12 am

You can legally kill a Welshman with a bow and arrow in Nottingham if it's after midnight
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:20 am

Forest wrote:You can legally kill a Welshman with a bow and arrow in Nottingham if it's after midnight

It's always after midnight.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:37 am

Forest wrote:You can legally kill a Welshman with a bow and arrow in Nottingham if it's after midnight
    No charge for Texas dad who killed daughter's rapist RymXL
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:36 am

[quote="Forest"]You can legally kill a Welshman with a bow and arrow in Nottingham if it's after midnight [/quote Neutral ]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:09 am