Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Zzonked
menalawyerguy
ayvee1
Phadunkin Donuts
8 posters

Who can hit a golf ball straight almost every time?

Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Who can hit a golf ball straight almost every time? Empty Who can hit a golf ball straight almost every time?

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:44 am

I need to find my rhythm. Once I unlock the secret.. I'll be deadly.

That and putting. Mad

This amusing man has the knowledge.
    Anonymous

Who can hit a golf ball straight almost every time? Empty Re: Who can hit a golf ball straight almost every time?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:48 am

I can.

Not really. I went to a driving range once with school and this one time the ball somehow managed to deflect off the wall next to me and Rick O'Shea several times until it went down the stairs behind me.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Who can hit a golf ball straight almost every time? Empty Re: Who can hit a golf ball straight almost every time?

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:59 am

I think my clubs are the wrong length.. but I'm sure I'm also turning things I'm not suppose to be turning, and twisting the way I'm not suppose to be twisting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:55 pm

I've never play golf before. I've played min-golf, but that doesn't count.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Went down the driving range for PE in school. Pretty woeful overall, but did hit a couple of sweet drives.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:00 am

They used to call me straight-hit Jim back in the day.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:09 am

I was about a 6 handy when I was 18. I don't play often enough anymore.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:09 am

Im off to the range.. need to prepare for the weekend ahead. I'll see if i can get some videos of my swing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:23 am

menalawyerguy wrote:I was about a 6 handy when I was 18. I don't play often enough anymore.

That is excellent.

I find it hard to believe that a lawyer never gets invited on golf trips. Surprised Clearly TV and film have lied to me.

I really enjoy golf when I get in the right mood for it. Used to go with my dad and play in Ireland every few years, was good fun. I've not played much for a long time, but I usually do a few games during summer. Dunno about getting the ball straight, but drive for show, putt for dough.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:36 am

Who can hit a golf ball straight almost every time? Article-2157295-138B56D4000005DC-174_468x329
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor
    Dr. Ján Ĩtor

Formerly known as : XxBradKennedyxX

Post by Dr. Ján Ĩtor Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:22 am

Pico wrote:I can.

Not really. I went to a driving range once with school and this one time the ball somehow managed to deflect off the wall next to me and Rick O'Shea several times until it went down the stairs behind me.

Laughing
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:33 am

So after a few rounds and a few trips to the driving range.. my irons are beautiful and can be struck consistently. My driving is getting a lot better and I think I found my form with it.. was able to hit it long and straight consistently as well in my last outing, felt good.

Fairway woods though, continue to just boggle my mind. So shit with them. Horrible.
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

Post by limerickcitykid Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:02 am

Pico wrote:I can.

Laughing
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Update: apparently I rock at golf now.
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Post by Keanoo Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:51 pm

Show us some vids. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:24 pm

I never really understood golf. It just seems like a walk with a stick.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:53 pm

You can simplify every sport like that.. but it's a very sensitive sport..needing patience and perfection. I hate/enjoy it.

I'll see about a video or two.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:54 pm

I agree. It obviously takes a great deal of skill. I just do not believe that I can ever come to see it as a sport due to the fact that it relies purely on skill, without endurance, etc coming into play.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Grumpy old men everywhere; showing you up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:08 pm

I am a bit of an expert at archery, and golf seems to require the similar basic set of skills. I might try my hand.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Since I rock cricket.....golf should be a cakewalk....
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Go for it, i bet your form would be solid.

Just got back from the range, best hitter of the night for sure. Who can hit a golf ball straight almost every time? 957770

Had a few guys even stop and watch me, asking how I got "this good", lessons, clubs, etc etc.

/feltgoodman
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:10 pm

I hit a golf ball at my dad once, was funny watching him trying to get out of the way of the ball Laughing was like it was in slow motion
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:03 am

Went out today with a threesome.

Was killing it. Practice for a few months on practically everything did wonders.

Have a few things to work on.. which is good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:32 pm