The tennis thread.

    Share
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:26 am

    10RLegend wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    10RLegend wrote:It's okay, Rosel played the match of his life and good for him. I doubt he'll play like this again imo, will get eliminated in the next two rounds.
    I always see you egging on Rafa so I guess you're in support of him, the fact it could be a one off performance doesn't hep Rafa.

    I agree, it's going to be a huge story around the media and tennis world, the majority love an underdog story so it's bound to blow up.

    The style of play that we saw from Rosel is very inconsistent, which is why I doubt he'll play like this again. When he missed bad on his power strokes today it looked straight up amateurish imo. His serve is very good though.

    Nadal will bounce back, he always does. Cool
    Bounce back to what though? Clay dominance? That never really goes away apart from maybe 2011 when Novak really challenged him and he was lucky to play Roger in the RG final, I don't think Rafa will ever win Wimbledon, US or AO ever again.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:27 am

    Still, Rafa should still have been able to beat a journeyman on the top of his game because that's all Rosol is - a journeyman. You can't really see it as a fluke or a one-off, it's worrying for a Rafa fan.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:29 am

    Pico wrote:Still, Rafa should still have been able to beat a journeyman on the top of his game because that's all Rosol is - a journeyman. You can't really see it as a fluke or a one-off, it's worrying for a Rafa fan.
    There was literally nothing Rafa could do at times in that match.. even after this amazing performance which seemed unstoppable Rafa dug it out in the 4th then the roof got closed and he had to wait to come back out and serve first which eventually cost him the match.. I don't see it as a one off considering I don't think he'll ever win Wimbledon again but I still expect Rafa to consistently make SF regardless of this.
    avatar
    Demoz
     
     

    Formerly known as : 10RLegend
    Posts : 1331
    Location : Sacramento,CA

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Demoz on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:30 am

    kyro7 wrote:
    10RLegend wrote:

    I agree, it's going to be a huge story around the media and tennis world, the majority love an underdog story so it's bound to blow up.

    The style of play that we saw from Rosel is very inconsistent, which is why I doubt he'll play like this again. When he missed bad on his power strokes today it looked straight up amateurish imo. His serve is very good though.

    Nadal will bounce back, he always does. Cool
    Bounce back to what though? Clay dominance? That never really goes away apart from maybe 2011 when Novak really challenged him and he was lucky to play Roger in the RG final, I don't think Rafa will ever win Wimbledon, US or AO ever again.

    I'd say the year he lost to Soderling at the French was worse, I was really shocked at that. That same year he had bad knees, parent's got divorced. etc. He bounced back from that. I think he will win a couple more of either of those three tournaments, I remember when the media said he could only win on clay.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:31 am

    10RLegend wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:
    10RLegend wrote:

    I agree, it's going to be a huge story around the media and tennis world, the majority love an underdog story so it's bound to blow up.

    The style of play that we saw from Rosel is very inconsistent, which is why I doubt he'll play like this again. When he missed bad on his power strokes today it looked straight up amateurish imo. His serve is very good though.

    Nadal will bounce back, he always does. Cool
    Bounce back to what though? Clay dominance? That never really goes away apart from maybe 2011 when Novak really challenged him and he was lucky to play Roger in the RG final, I don't think Rafa will ever win Wimbledon, US or AO ever again.

    I'd say the year he lost to Soderling at the French was worse, I was really shocked at that. That same year he had bad knees, parent's got divorced. etc. He bounced back from that. I think he will win a couple more of either of those three tournaments, I remember when the media said he could only win on clay.
    Yes but he's got clear problems then, he's clearly not the same player anymore away from clay.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:34 am

    His knees are only gonna get worse if anything shifty Rafa (and Djokovic & Murray for that matter) won't have the longevity that Federer has had.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:35 am

    Also, Lukas RO bin SO der L ing
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:36 am

    Pico wrote:Also, Lukas RO bin SO der L ing
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:38 am

    I think if I just let go right now tears could come out. facepalm

    But I refuse.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:38 am

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:39 am

    Pico wrote:
    rofl
    avatar
    MickStupp
     
     

    Posts : 1933
    Age : 25
    Location : Glasgow

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by MickStupp on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:40 am

    Pico wrote:His knees are only gonna get worse if anything shifty Rafa (and Djokovic & Murray for that matter) won't have the longevity that Federer has had.
    Those three will fall away and Dimitrov shall rise to prominence not worthy
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:41 am

    MickStupp wrote:
    Pico wrote:His knees are only gonna get worse if anything shifty Rafa (and Djokovic & Murray for that matter) won't have the longevity that Federer has had.
    Those three will fall away and Dimitrov shall rise to prominence not worthy

    Here's hoping Dimitrov, Raonic (& Harrison just for lolz) will be the next big thing with maybe Del Potro still lurking. Soderling too although who knows if he'll ever come back and get close to his best again.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:43 am

    LOL'd when I heard Nadal got knocked out of Wimbledon by world number 100. Laughing
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:43 am

    Novak - Murray final. oh god why
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:45 am

    In the given context, this is slightly racist but so fucking funny right now

    avatar
    CoVkId01
     
     

    Posts : 2689
    Age : 22

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by CoVkId01 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:59 am

    Rick Rosstrich wrote:This Rosol needs a drug test.

    Agree with this. Probably just being sceptical but he seemed very hyped since the first game until the final ace.

    Pico wrote:

    rofl
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:17 am

    Pico wrote:Bandwagon changing their avatars in 3...2...1...

    lmao, Ben 10 changed his.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:21 am

    Pico wrote:
    Pico wrote:Bandwagon changing their avatars in 3...2...1...

    lmao, Ben 10 changed his.
    He changed it when Rafa was 1 set up. shifty
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:28 am

    Did you have Maria or Sabine in your sig before? I forgot already shifty
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:31 am

    Sabine.. maybe I shouldn't have taken her out, maybe that's what made her win. oh god why
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:33 am

    She's won 2 more matches than anyone expected her to shifty
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:35 am

    Yeah, is Sloane Stephens any good? shifty
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:37 am

    kyro7 wrote:Yeah, is Sloane Stephens any good? shifty

    An up-and-comer. I'd probably pick Sloane as the favourite but then again Sabine surprised me the past 2 matches so who knows shifty
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:38 am

    Doubles & mixed doubles draws are strange this year, clearly everyone is just using this as a warm-up for the Olympics Laughing
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:41 am

    Pico wrote:Doubles & mixed doubles draws are strange this year, clearly everyone is just using this as a warm-up for the Olympics Laughing
    That's the one thing that is preventing me from killing myself.. but even then, 3 sets on grass for Rafa.. Federer has got the Olympics sewn up.

    Wimbledon - Novak
    Olympics - Fed
    US - Novak

    oh god why
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:43 am

    Pico wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:Yeah, is Sloane Stephens any good? shifty

    An up-and-comer. I'd probably pick Sloane as the favourite but then again Sabine surprised me the past 2 matches so who knows shifty
    Got my fingers crossed for her.

    I hope Hev puts up a pretty good fight v Radwankstain but she will probably get smashed.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:43 am

    I think Novak would rather win the Olympics than Wimbledon this year but it's not 100% up to him obviously.


    After brief consideration, my prediction for Sabine's match:
    If it goes 3 sets, Lisicki will win. Otherwise, Stephens in 2.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:47 am

    I just think best of 3 will suit Fed down to the ground.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Guest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 am



    That expression makes everything better.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The tennis thread.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:51 am