Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
ayvee1
Ra's al Ghul
El_indian
Sean
ResurrectionRooney
Rafael Benitez
Dean
Cam
Gegilworld93
13 posters

Why do Liverpool fans boycott The Sun and not Sky?

Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Why do Liverpool fans boycott The Sun and not Sky? Empty Why do Liverpool fans boycott The Sun and not Sky?

Post by Gegilworld93 Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:22 am

I've always wondered, why do Liverpool fans boycott The Sun and not Sky Sports? There are no people working at The Sun today who were there in 1989, the only thing that is the same with The Sun of 1989 is the title and the owner, who also happens to be the principle shareholder in Sky. So why do you just boycott one and not the other?

Please don't take that as a dig or something, it's a valid question imo.

Last edited by Gegilworld93 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Why do Liverpool fans boycott The Sun and not Sky? Empty Re: Why do Liverpool fans boycott The Sun and not Sky?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:23 am

They are dumb. Also, it's a cover up story because most of them can't afford the newspaper.

End of thread.
    Anonymous

Why do Liverpool fans boycott The Sun and not Sky? Empty Re: Why do Liverpool fans boycott The Sun and not Sky?

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:27 am

Hadouken! wrote:They are dumb. Also, it's a cover up story because most of them can't afford the newspaper.

And yet can afford Sky?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:29 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:
    Hadouken! wrote:They are dumb. Also, it's a cover up story because most of them can't afford the newspaper.

And yet can afford Sky?

Sky is something paid for by the family leader, people usually buy newspapers individually to read on lunch breaks.

Last edited by Hadouken! on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:30 am

End of thread.
    rofl
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:30 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:Please don't take that as a dig or something, it's a valid question imo.
    Those two are not mutually exclusive.

But I cannot answer, as I do not "boycott" either, rather I simply use the BBC.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:31 am

Probably because Sky didn't say loads of shit about the Liverpool fans as they weren't around then
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 am

Splashy wrote:

End of thread.
    rofl

Did that really make you laugh?
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 am

Because it was the Sun who wrote the headline? Moron
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:33 am

Cam wrote:Probably because Sky didn't say loads of shit about the Liverpool fans as they weren't around then

That's a bit of a simplistic reading of the situation though, isn't it? The Sun is an organisation made up of human beings, and the human beings who work at The Sun now are completely different to the ones who worked there in 1989. They can't be held responsible for the actions of their predecessors.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:33 am

Probably because it's easy to boycott the sun cos it's shit and there's many other papers, but if you boycott the Sun you haven't got much
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:33 am

Rafael Benitez wrote:Because it was the Sun who wrote the headline? Moron

It was Kelvin McKenzie who wrote the headline, and he's gone now.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:34 am

Because the sun gives us sunburn, but the sky gives us rain.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:34 am

Dean wrote:
    Splashy wrote: Why do Liverpool fans boycott The Sun and not Sky? 70955

He just spams every thread with one of them emotions... Meaningless really.
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:35 am

Gatsby wrote:Probably because it's easy to boycott the sun cos it's shit and there's many other papers, but if you boycott the Sun you haven't got much
    think
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:35 am

Isn't football shown on Sky?

I would never boycott it because although they're assholes (for their prices), it is the only way I can watch football (or any sport) here in NZ.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 am

Gatsby wrote:Probably because it's easy to boycott the sun cos it's shit and there's many other papers, but if you boycott the Sun you haven't got much

Ha!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:40 am

Dean wrote:
    Splashy wrote: rofl

Yes, quite a lot. there there
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:40 am

I wasn't joking. It's convenient for Liverpool fans to boycott the sun, there's no real cost to them, but boycotting Sky requires a real sacrifice, because you're missing out on Sky Sports as well as all the other channels.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:41 am

Gatsby wrote:I wasn't joking. It's convenient for Liverpool fans to boycott the sun, there's no real cost to them, but boycotting Sky requires a real sacrifice, because you're missing out on Sky Sports as well as all the other channels.

They were mocking you because you wrote the Sun twice.
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:42 am

Oh right.
    Dean
    Dean

Post by Dean Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:48 am

Like boycotting Sky is a real sacrifice. Laughing
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:54 am

Dean wrote:Like boycotting Sky is a real sacrifice. Laughing
    I agree. I don't boycott sky, I just don't have it. My life goes on.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:12 am

End of thread.

Laughing
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:29 am

ayvee1 wrote:
    Dean wrote:Like boycotting Sky is a real sacrifice. Laughing
    I agree. I don't boycott sky, I just don't have it. My life goes on.

Same here, though them having F1 is a real pain.
    I boycott the Sun out of solidarity to fellow fans, and the fact that they largely come out with inaccurate, inflammatory, reactionary bullshit with not one considered opinion to be found from cover to cover. I don't miss it and I wish every liverpool fan boycotted it just because it is a poor paper.
    ricky//habana
    ricky//habana

Supports : DFA79

Post by ricky//habana Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:31 am

Hadouken! wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:

And yet can afford Sky?

Sky is something paid for by the family leader, people usually buy newspapers individually to read on lunch breaks.

So no liverpool fans are family leaders/ main breadwinners? Interesting logic there.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:44 am

ricky//habana wrote:
    Hadouken! wrote:

So no liverpool fans are family leaders/ main breadwinners? Interesting logic there.

James used to be a better troll. This is just pathetic by him.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:47 am

This again? RR used to bang this drum once a week.
    Trent
    Trent

Supports : Scunthorpe United & St Helens

Post by Trent Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 am

Glen Damon wrote:Because the sun gives us sunburn, but the sky gives us rain.
    I have came to expect better of you than this Master Glen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:23 am

Trent wrote:
    Glen Damon wrote:Because the sun gives us sunburn, but the sky gives us rain.
    I have came to expect better of you than this Master Glen.
    My stuff is always hit or miss, so I figure that if I deliberately get all of the misses out of the way at once, the hits will start to come in numbers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:15 pm