Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
SBSP
Muhkoo
Jorlung
crump
Theo Filippo
MickStupp
Kuled
Sean
Laurencio
Gegilworld93
menalawyerguy
Danny
Lux
Phadunkin Donuts
Cam
19 posters

Getting banned via Yellow Cards

Anonymous

Getting banned via Yellow Cards Empty Getting banned via Yellow Cards

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:04 am

This is a bullshit rule imo. Its easy to pick up yellows and lets say Bayern get to the final, well their first team has 7 yellows already so when they pickup a few V Madrid will we be seeing 2 of the best teams in the final?

No. We'll be seeing 2 weakened eleven's missing some of the worlds best players in whats supposed to be the most prestigious, most watched, best football match on planet earth.

If you get a yellow card in football you are punished with the other team getting possession of the ball and a freekick. If you do it again you are sent off being punished with the other team getting a freekick and your team are a man down for the rest of the match. Why is that not enough?

If a straight red card is shown, fair enough. That means the player committed a dangerous tackle or showed violent conduct.
    Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Getting banned via Yellow Cards Empty Re: Getting banned via Yellow Cards

Post by Cam Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:08 am

I think there should be an amnesty on yellow cards after the semi final, it's one of the most important games a player could have in his career, so I think it's stupid that they could miss out on the final because he got booked for time wasting or something in the first knockout stage.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:13 am

weeeeeeeeeell what you gonna do

dont get booked
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:13 am

Look at Man United in the 99 Final.. missing their 2 best midfielders in Keane and Scholes so got outplayed the whole game but were lucky with 2 late goals. Disgusting they should have to put out a weakened team.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:15 am

I think it should just be red cards in the semi's, losing a player for the final like Ivanovic for him complaining over a bullshit call is crazy.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:15 am

ViVaRooney wrote:weeeeeeeeeell what you gonna do

dont get booked
    OK lets have players in the semi finals playing with no commitment to avoid missing the final. This rule damages the game and is a needless extra punishment.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:17 am

It's fine the way it is, I prefer the idea that players should show discipline throughout the competition, otherwise, you could have shithouse teams who can just do niggling fouls every match and not really be punished overall.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:18 am

Agreed with topic.

It's fucking bullshit..
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:20 am

I'd have an amnesty after the quarter finals so that it would't happen.

Though if you got enough for a ban in the semis that would stay...but any yellows wouldn't carry over.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:25 am

Bogdan wrote:It's fine the way it is, I prefer the idea that players should show discipline throughout the competition, otherwise, you could have shithouse teams who can just do niggling fouls every match and not really be punished overall.
    They do have to show discipline else the other team gets a freekick and if they do it again its a sending off, its dealt with on the field. All this banning them for picking up yellows so they miss games is a made up by some UEFA morons rule which brings down the quality of Champions League football.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:27 am

Didn't UEFA change when yellow cards were wiped out in the CL so you wouldn't suspended for the final, or had less of a chance of being? shifty

Or did I make that up? Neutral

I agree that you shouldn't be banned from one of the highest games in football just because you've been booked twice in the knockout stages or whatever. Ridiculous.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:31 am

Chris wrote:
    Bogdan wrote:It's fine the way it is, I prefer the idea that players should show discipline throughout the competition, otherwise, you could have shithouse teams who can just do niggling fouls every match and not really be punished overall.
    They do have to show discipline else the other team gets a freekick and if they do it again its a sending off, its dealt with on the field. All this banning them for picking up yellows so they miss games is a made up by some UEFA morons rule which brings down the quality of Champions League football.
    Implying that every foul is a yellow...

You can do 2 to sometimes even 4 niggling fouls before getting booked by some refs.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:34 am

Bogdan wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Implying that every foul is a yellow...

You can do 2 to sometimes even 4 niggling fouls before getting booked by some refs.

And this is why it should be scrapped. Red cards are consistent enough and people know what things will lead to red cards. Yellow cards on the otherhand vary from ref to ref.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:38 am

Good point about the yellow cards.

Those get thrown around like herpes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:40 am

Yeah there is a real lack of consistency with bookings, some refs you can ask why they gave a decision, and they'll tell you, then another would book you lmao.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 am

Absolutely agree. It's way too harsh, especially when you consider how prevalent diving and simulating still is and the authorities' seeming unwillingness to do anything substantive to punish it. The refs still fall for it way too often, too. Who could forget how Busquet's peak-a-boo injury charade got a guy DQed from the final. What an injustice.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:48 am

They should increase it from two yellow cards to three yellow cards equals a suspension. But scrapping it altogether is not the right decision. In that case a player can pick up a yellow card every single game and get away with it.

menalawyerguy wrote:Absolutely agree. It's way too harsh, especially when you consider how prevalent diving and simulating still is and the authorities' seeming unwillingness to do anything substantive to punish it. The refs still fall for it way too often, too. Who could forget how Busquet's peak-a-boo injury charade got a guy DQed from the final. What an injustice.

He should have gotten a yellow card for that which would have still had him sent off for collecting two yellows. So it's hardly injustice.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:55 am

kyro7 wrote:I think it should just be red cards in the semi's, losing a player for the final like Ivanovic for him complaining over a bullshit call is crazy.
    The penalty was the right decision imo but I agree with your point.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:00 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:I think it should just be red cards in the semi's, losing a player for the final like Ivanovic for him complaining over a bullshit call is crazy.
    There was like, no contact.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:18 am

They should at least make it that you need more bookings before you are suspended from games, as today players get booked so easily.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:20 am

Gegilworld93 wrote:

Strong Barca fan Alee
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:27 am

As long as the booking isn't a red or double yellows I think they should just strip all card counts after the semi-final. In other words, let Ivanovic play, and let Terry rot.
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:31 am

ahlycotc wrote:They should increase it from two yellow cards to three yellow cards equals a suspension. But scrapping it altogether is not the right decision. In that case a player can pick up a yellow card every single game and get away with it.

menalawyerguy wrote:Absolutely agree. It's way too harsh, especially when you consider how prevalent diving and simulating still is and the authorities' seeming unwillingness to do anything substantive to punish it. The refs still fall for it way too often, too. Who could forget how Busquet's peak-a-boo injury charade got a guy DQed from the final. What an injustice.

He should have gotten a yellow card for that which would have still had him sent off for collecting two yellows. So it's hardly injustice.

I reviewed it again and you're probably right. So I guess the only injustice there was that Busquets didn't get a card.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:14 am

Or at the very least, ban Geoff Shreeves
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 am

Can't help but feel bad for these guys getting suspended.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 am

2 more victims claimed, groce.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 am

Gustavo deserved it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:57 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Gustavo deserved it.
    Well he didn't really do anything bad, he deserved his yellow card but man..
    MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:57 am

I think they should maybe wipe the yellow card count for the semi-finals. Instead of a booking a player got 5 games ago coming back to haunt him.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:59 am

They should up it to 3 yellow cards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:23 pm