Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
ShakerMatty
TheRangersFan
LFC_Grunners
ConorCelticFC
easley91
Phadunkin Donuts
Dan
Jordi
Lux
Theo Filippo
14 posters

Ched Evans sentenced to 5 years in jail for Raping a 19 y/o.

Anonymous

Ched Evans sentenced to 5 years in jail for Raping a 19 y/o. Empty Ched Evans sentenced to 5 years in jail for Raping a 19 y/o.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:33 am

Breaking news.

Clayton McDonald has been cleared.

Last edited by Jelavić7|EFC on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Ched Evans sentenced to 5 years in jail for Raping a 19 y/o. Empty Re: Ched Evans sentenced to 5 years in jail for Raping a 19 y/o.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:35 am

5 years, lmao.
    Anonymous

Ched Evans sentenced to 5 years in jail for Raping a 19 y/o. Empty Re: Ched Evans sentenced to 5 years in jail for Raping a 19 y/o.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:36 am

LOOOOL

Do Sheffield United get any sort of compensation for this or just lose him?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:37 am

Shit sentence, should be 50 years.

Shame he couldn't score with girls as well as he could on a football pitch.

Last edited by James on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:37 am

Billy Davies wrote:LOOOOL

Do Sheffield United get any sort of compensation for this or just lose him?

Just lose him.

Edit: He's still contracted to them, but they can/will terminate it as it's a breach of his contract i.e. being in jail.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:39 am

Could make a shitty version of Mean Machine out of this.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:41 am

I bet he didn't even do it. Probably just a young slag after attention and money.

Girls go out dressed to be raped anyway.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:42 am

The court heard that McDonald met the woman and took her back to the
    hotel room, sending a text to Evans stating he had "got a bird".

During Evans' evidence, he told the jury he had gone to the
    hotel, let himself into McDonald's room and watched his friend and the
    woman having sex.

It was claimed McDonald asked if his friend could "get involved", to which the woman said yes.

Kinda confused how he has been proven to have raped her though. The first lad was cleared of raping her, so they're basically tried to work out whether she said Evans could join in or not. Pretty hard thing to prove assuming this other guy didn't grass him (which is unlikely seeing as they've been mates since 10 years old apparently)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:43 am

Apparently he will only serve 2 and a half years of the sentence.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:44 am

Billy Davies wrote:I bet he didn't even do it. Probably just a young slag after attention and money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17781842

Says she doesn't remember going back to the hotel and she had just woken up with her clothes scattered around the room.

I'm not an expert on rape or rape trials, but I don't know how the guy originally having sex with her was cleared of rape but the one who apparently was allowed to join in has been found guilty of rape.

Original guy must have grassed him up? Laughing
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:44 am

Always hard to tell but from the report I just read I don't get how Evans has been found guilty whilst the other guy hasn't. All that aside....it's a drunk woman who doesn't remember the night before, so assumes she was drugged?

Definitely going to hold back judgement on Evans.....guilty or not though it's a shame for him...he was doing great, scoring goals for fun...35 goals eek

Will probably be out in 2-3 years....so his career isn't over.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:45 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:Apparently he will only serve 2 and a half years of the sentence.

Most sentences let you out half way through if you behave. Bit stupid.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:52 am

I don't get how they decided Evans was guilty, and McDonald was innocent. Laughing
    Dan
    Dan

Post by Dan Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:59 am

Lux wrote:Always hard to tell but from the report I just read I don't get how Evans has been found guilty whilst the other guy hasn't. All that aside....it's a drunk woman who doesn't remember the night before, so assumes she was drugged?

Definitely going to hold back judgement on Evans.....guilty or not though it's a shame for him...he was doing great, scoring goals for fun...35 goals eek

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure there's noticeable differences between someone who has been drugged and someone who is drunk.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:59 am

She wanted it. Stupid law.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:01 am

He will get out when he is like 25/26 so he will still have years left in his career but he probably won't improve much, but he will be alot stronger when he comes back as Jail will toughen him up.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:01 am

N wrote:She wanted it. Stupid law.

No.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:02 am

Dan wrote:
    Lux wrote:Always hard to tell but from the report I just read I don't get how Evans has been found guilty whilst the other guy hasn't. All that aside....it's a drunk woman who doesn't remember the night before, so assumes she was drugged?

I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure there's noticeable differences between someone who has been drugged and someone who is drunk.

Yeah but how has the first guy got away with it if this is the case then? It's only the guy who joined in that has been found guilty of rape. I'm sure details will come out soon though.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:03 am

Billy Davies wrote:I bet he didn't even do it. Probably just a young slag after attention and money.

It doesn't matter how a woman is dressed, that's hardly an excuse to rape her Laughing
    Dan
    Dan

Post by Dan Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:05 am

James wrote:
    Dan wrote:

Yeah but how has the first guy got away with it if this is the case then? It's only the guy who joined in that has been found guilty of rape. I'm sure details will come out soon though.

No idea, like I said, I'm no expert. The decision wouldn't have been made lightly though.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:05 am

He's taking legal advice about an appeal apparently.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:05 am

Scummy comment from Bartley

Ched Evans sentenced to 5 years in jail for Raping a 19 y/o. Qh6gH
    Dan
    Dan

Post by Dan Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:08 am

S.75 of the 2003 Act introduced presumptions. If these are present, it is presumed the victim did not consent, and the onus is then on the defendant to prove the victim did.

She can't remember if she did. And the word of the two lads is hardly enough evidence.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:11 am

Dan wrote:I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure there's noticeable differences between someone who has been drugged and someone who is drunk.

Sure..but I'm going to assume that she wasn't drugged....otherwise the other guy who brought her over would have been found guilty for rape too.

I don't think you can ever be sure on these cases....but I think it'd be naive to say that everyone who is found guilty is guilty. It's up to a jury after all...decision could go either way depending on who they are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:11 am

Henrik's Tongue wrote:Scummy comment from Bartley

Where does it say that?

http://twitter.com/#!/kylebartley22
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:12 am

Jelavić7|EFC wrote:
    Henrik's Tongue wrote:Scummy comment from Bartley

Where does it say that?

He deleted it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:13 am

Jordo wrote:
    Jelavić7|EFC wrote:

Where does it say that?

He deleted it.

Proof?
    Dan
    Dan

Post by Dan Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 am

Lux wrote:
    Dan wrote:I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure there's noticeable differences between someone who has been drugged and someone who is drunk.

Sure..but I'm going to assume that she wasn't drugged....otherwise the other guy who brought her over would have been found guilty for rape too.

I don't think you can ever be sure on these cases....but I think it'd be naive to say that everyone who is found guilty is guilty. It's up to a jury after all...decision could go either way depending on who they are.

I don't think anybody is stupid enough to even suggest that. That is why we allow people to appeal.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 am

Everyone's talking about it on twitter.

It isn't even about Evans. Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 am

He deleted it, scumbag.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:24 pm