Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

North Korea Stops Nuclear Enrichment For Food

Anonymous

North Korea Stops Nuclear Enrichment For Food Empty North Korea Stops Nuclear Enrichment For Food

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:40 am

North Korea will stop nuclear enrichment, nuclear weapons testing and long-range missile launches in exchange for food, according to US government officials.

The US state department said on Wedneday the agreement was reached after talks in Beijing at which the US agreed to give hundreds of thousands of tonnes to food to North Korea.

A North Korean news agency report says inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency will be allowed back in to monitor the moratorium on nuclear activities.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2012/02/201222915936296108.html?utm_content=automateplus&utm_campaign=Trial6&utm_source=SocialFlow&utm_medium=MasterAccount&utm_term=tweets
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

North Korea Stops Nuclear Enrichment For Food Empty Re: North Korea Stops Nuclear Enrichment For Food

Post by Jord Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:44 am

"LOL! WE JOKE AMERICRA! WE NUCREAR YOU NOW!"
    menalawyerguy
    menalawyerguy

North Korea Stops Nuclear Enrichment For Food Empty Re: North Korea Stops Nuclear Enrichment For Food

Post by menalawyerguy Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:59 am

Rick my barrs Hans Brix!
    Kris
    Kris

Post by Kris Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:57 am

That's one nuclear threat. Now we just need to deal with Israel and Iran (preferably at the same time)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:58 am

Kris wrote:That's one nuclear threat. Now we just need to deal with Israel and Iran (preferably at the same time)

Like that will ever happen anytime soon. Laughing
    Jord
    Jord

Formerly known as : SUPAH BURNLEY!
    Supports : Liverpool FC

Post by Jord Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 am

Can America not just bribe other nuclear active countries with food too?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Jord wrote:Can America not just bribe other nuclear active countries with food too?

That's what's happening. Their called sanctions. When the world sanctions a country, the intent is to put that country under financial constraint until they give up. Sometimes it works (i.e. North Korea) while other times it just strengthens the rulers of the country or has no effect (i.e. Cuba).

Iran is currently under sanctions from the USA and Europe. It remains to be seen if it will work in stopping Iran from getting nuclear weapons (even though Iran is saying that's not its goal). I don't think it's going to work with Iran (or at least it will take a very long time to do anything meaningful) because Iran has leverage (i.e. oil).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:57 pm