Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
MickStupp
Ben 10
Childish Logic
Jordi
Carlos Jenkinson
Ki
Hightail
Totti
Benitez
Laurencio
JamieB
Mason
VivaRonaldoLAD
17 posters

Craig Whyte Statement

Anonymous

Craig Whyte Statement Empty Craig Whyte Statement

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:26 am

THE Chairman of the Club has written the following open letter to all Rangers supporters:

To all Rangers supporters,

I write to you today to address a number of key issues facing the Club.

First, I would like to address specifically the latest attempt to undermine Rangers in today's Daily Record which devotes five pages to trashing our efforts to get this Club back on a sensible financial footing.

In the most lurid terms, the Record accuses the Club's management and, specifically me, of using supporters' money to help fund the buy-out of Rangers. Not true.

The Club is accused of not paying £5million in VAT. Not true.

I can categorically assure supporters that when I launched a takeover bid for the Club it was funded entirely from one of my companies and that was demonstrated clearly to the satisfaction of the previous owner, Lloyds Banking Group and professional advisers.

What is true is that Rangers, like many other clubs, has a financing arrangement in place with a company called Ticketus which enables the Club to receive revenue from a portion of season ticket sales in advance.

There is nothing unusual or untoward in this arrangement which was put in place at the Club long before my takeover last year and was used by the previous management. For members of that regime to criticise the use of a scheme they put in place is, frankly, outrageous.

This is a perfectly straightforward way of raising working capital for the Club. Money from season ticket sales goes directly to the Club and is used for the Club's operations and that remains the case. In effect, all this financing arrangement does is release the revenue to the Club earlier.

The Daily Record's approach to this story sought to distort and dramatise the matter. I for one will not be reading or buying the Daily Record again and I'm sure many other Rangers fans will share my disgust at yet another smear on this football club.

It was, predictably, fuelled by accusations of former board members of the Club. I simply ask Rangers fans what these men did for Rangers in the Club's hour of need? They were all talk and no action and presided over the Club as it careered to the brink of financial collapse.

The overarching issue that affects Rangers financially is the HMRC tax tribunal, which has been hanging over the Club for many years and long before I became chairman. As I have said many times before, the sooner that is resolved the better.

In terms of the playing squad, you may know the Club has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Nikica Jelavic. We wish the player well and thank him for his contribution to Rangers.

The reality of Jelavic's departure is two-fold. One, the player wanted to leave and there is no point in trying to keep a player who no longer wants to be at Ibrox. Two, the Club is simply not in a financial position to turn down offers for players which give the Club a good return on its original investment.

Investment in the playing squad has been a thorny issue since I took over the Club in May and is the source of endless debate, much of it ill-informed. I want to set the record straight.

In the summer transfer window last year we conducted 14 different pieces of transfer business, more than any other club in Scotland. This included new signings and improvement to existing contracts with key players, increasing the players' wage bill significantly. We now have a first team squad of 30 which includes 18 full internationalists.

Admittedly, there were transfer targets we did not secure but that is not uncommon. As chairman, I have supported Ally McCoist in his choice of targets and will continue to do so. The timing of Jelavic's departure so late in this window is far from ideal and efforts to improve the squad will continue until the transfer window closes.

That said, we must be realistic. Media coverage of the transfer window has bordered on the hysterical. As it stands at the moment Rangers has operating costs of approximately £45 million a year and revenues of around £35million - not including revenue from possible Champions' League and Europa League participation.

As we know, European money cannot be taken for granted and it doesn't take much to work out that without it there is a big financial hole to fill every year - regardless of who owns the Club.

I've said many times that in Scottish football we have to move on from this mindset that you have to keep spending more and more money - that's what got this Club into financial trouble before. We have to live within our means, continue to develop talent and spend wisely.

These are challenging financial times for Rangers - as they are for many other businesses. What I can say to you as a Rangers fan is that everything I will do as chairman will be in the interests of the Club and I thank you for your continued support.

Craig Whyte, Chairman

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2594589

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue & Whyte! not worthy

No Surrender, For We Are The People.
    Anonymous

Craig Whyte Statement Empty Re: Craig Whyte Statement

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 am

Use the Rangers thread, or the SPL thread....
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 am

Craig Whyte Statement And_not_a_single_fuck_Was_given_that_day_RE_Picture_Challenge_5-s364x344-162306
    Mason
    Mason

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:28 am

How can the future by bright when you just have sold your best player? scratch
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:29 am

Lock this mods, can't be having double standards since you lock the happy birthday threads.
    JamieB
    JamieB

Supports : Manchester United

Post by JamieB Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 am

I really wish i was able to give a shit....
    Laurencio
    Laurencio

Supports : Rosenborg, ManUtd

Post by Laurencio Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 am

Jela is now a Whyte fan again I see Laughing
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:31 am

Laurencio wrote:Jela is now a Whyte fan again I see Laughing

Always have been and always will be, no amount of smear/muckraking attempts against our club will ever change that.
    Benitez
    Benitez

Supports : Antonella Roccuzzo <3

Post by Benitez Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:33 am

Agreed with all his points.

Craig Whyte not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 am

Great read that. Sounds like a cracking guy not worthy

And all you knobheads asking this to be closed/posting useless posts. DO 1 rofl

If Jela did the same in one of your threads you'd be the first to go off crying to da mr modz an youuu knoezz it!!!

JELAWINNING BUSSIN!!!!!!!!!1111111 rofl rofl
    Totti
    Totti

Post by Totti Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:35 am

This is why it will all go tits up.

Rangers fans are so full of their "WATP" pish, that they genuinely believe they are untouchable.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:36 am

Totti wrote:This is why it will all go tits up.

Rangers fans are so full of their "WATP" pish, that they genuinely believe they are untouchable.

3 YEARS IN A ROW!!!

BUSSIN!!!!!
    Hightail
    Hightail

Post by Hightail Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 am

At least someone is realising which way Scottish football needs to go. Start producing their own players and signing from lesser countries instead of overpaying for overrated players from England.
    Ki
    Ki

Post by Ki Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 am

Hook line and sinker

Let me get this straight, he's just used season tickets to secure capital to buy the club for the next four years, so assuming your a season ticket holder Jela, he's used your money to buy the club, so he doesn't have to spend his own money. It is similar to what Leeds did. It's also been revealed whyte doesn't have a penny to his name and he owes even more money to the tax man than first revealed and he also owes money plus interest to his creditors.

If it's all lies he will sue the Daily Record, I guarantee he won't. Just as he threatened to sue the BBC for revealing he was banned as a director, after claiming it was a lie and they are out to get the club. Embarrassingly, he later admited it was the truth, and he was indeed banned from being a director.

The Rangers support have let this happen to the club, they've fallen hook line and sinker for Craig Whyte, he's going to make money out of Rangers Football Club and when it finally sinks in, I'll have no sympathy for any of you.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:45 am

Craig Whyte Statement Stalin_diary
    Ki
    Ki

Post by Ki Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:58 am

The problem when you're on the outside looking in as you don't exactly know what's going on. I'll try and explain this in Laymens terms so everyone, including Jela, can understand the situation.

Craig Whyte was supposed to be a billionaire, something which is far from the truth.

He bought Rangers for £1 off Murray. Lloyds bank forced Murray to sell. Lloyds let Whyte buy for £1 as he had agreed to pay off the bank debt 20 million to Lloyds.

What he actually did to fund this was sell about 30,000 tickets of the season tickets revenue for FOUR YEARS TO COME TO A FIRM CALLED TICKETUS in simple terms if the ticket sales were worth 30 million over that period he sold them for 25 mill up front cash into rangers bank account

It looks like he then lent this money to one of his companies, so the money moves into HIS bank account

So Rangers are being charged interest by Ticketus for the loan and ALSO BEING CHARGED INTEREST AND MANAGEMENT FEES by Whyte himself via his own company that re lent the money to Rangers. Madness, I know.

He is effectively charging Rangers Football Club to borrow back their own money.

Whyte could not even then pay the first installment of the ticketus repayment

So what does he do?

He borrow even more from Ticketus by selling another year of season tickets to them to GET A LOAN TO MAKE THE FIRST ANNUAL REPAYMENT OF THE LOAN HE HAD JUST GOT

Low season ticket sales MALMO beating the huns and them being put out of the cup along with people freezing their money in the bank had buggered their cash flows

Whyte has been milking the club, using the supporters money to finance his purchase and it is now inevitable they will go into administration most likely before mid February and then there is the big tax case result THEN THE VULTURES WILL PICK OVER THE BONES

Think of it this way..

It's like he took the money out of YOUR savings account in order to buy YOUR house from under YOU without letting YOU know and charged YOU huge interest and fees to do so

Incase you dont have to pay a small tax bill of £25 million, as well as the bill they are contesting now that stands at almost £50 million!! If you disect Whytes statement he is saying Rangers are in debt, of about £42 million!!! And all that, BEFORE the £75 million of tax bills coming their way. They are well and truly fucked.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:59 am

Tired
    Ki
    Ki

Post by Ki Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:00 am

And it's about to get worse, Alistair Johnstone on the radio telling Rangers fans there are more revelations to come, and to brace themselves for the worst.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:00 am

Craig Whyte Statement Tumblr_lrlmt5F83A1qzqua1o1_500
    Ki
    Ki

Post by Ki Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:03 am

I'd expect a bit more maturity from a moderator, some people seem really confused about what's going on so I tried my best to explain, if you didn't care simply don't post.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:05 am

Ki wrote:I'd expect a bit more maturity from a moderator, some people seem really confused about what's going on so I tried my best to explain, if you didn't care simply don't post.
    My post wasn't addressed to you.. Neutral
    Ki
    Ki

Post by Ki Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:08 am

Jordi wrote:
    Ki wrote:I'd expect a bit more maturity from a moderator, some people seem really confused about what's going on so I tried my best to explain, if you didn't care simply don't post.
    My post wasn't addressed to you.. Neutral

Who was it addressed to then? can't blame me for thinking it was seeing as it came after my post.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:15 am

Ki wrote:
    Jordi wrote:My post wasn't addressed to you.. Neutral

Who was it addressed to then? can't blame me for thinking it was seeing as it came after my post.
    Jela's OP.

And the second bit; I can and I will.
    Ki
    Ki

Post by Ki Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:23 am

Jordi wrote:
    Ki wrote:

Jela's OP.

Shut the fuck up. You have issues if you consider yourself of higher importance and able to speak down on people because you're a mod. It's just the internet so sit down pal.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:24 am

Ki wrote:
    Jordi wrote:Jela's OP.

Shut the fuck up. You have issues if you consider yourself of higher importance and able to speak down on people because you're a mod. It's just the internet so sit down pal.
    Sarcasm detector must be broken. Craig Whyte Statement 3925848005
    Ki
    Ki

Post by Ki Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 am

Didn't come across as sarcasm at all, anyway back on topic.

5 minutes in ... Oh dear

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/16821348.stm

JamieB
    JamieB

Post by JamieB Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:37 am

Ki wrote:
    Jordi wrote:Jela's OP.

Calm down Laughing maaaad Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:38 am

Jamieb08 wrote:
    Ki wrote:

Calm down Laughing maaaad Neutral

Laughing Laughing
    Ki
    Ki

Post by Ki Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:45 am

Notice you have nothing to say regards to my post do you Jela. It's going to be so funny when you finally realise your club is on the brink of death and Craig Whyte is milking it.

But for now all your brain can formulate is:

CREG WHYTE IS SAVYER EF RAINJERS RITJEST MAN N DE WIRRULD FUCKIN BUSSSIIIIIIIN MAN Crazy Crazy

not worthy not worthy HWG4IAR ND4IAR FOOTCHERS BRITE FOTCHERS CREG WHYTE!!!! not worthy not worthy
    JamieB
    JamieB

Post by JamieB Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:50 am

Stupid Celtic/Rangers rivalry coming into this forum Neutral

shifty

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:48 am