Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Portsmouth face another winding up order.

Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Portsmouth face another winding up order. Empty Portsmouth face another winding up order.

Post by Jordi Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Portsmouth are facing a winding-up order from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, according to the administrator of the club's parent company.

Pompey, who have been blighted with financial problems in recent years, reportedly owe HMRC an unpaid PAYE bill of £1.6million, with Andrew Andronikou, administrator of Convers Sports Initiatives, which owns the Championship club, describing the situation as "extremely serious".

"The club effectively ran out of cash at the end of December," Andronikou told The Observer. "We're under extreme pressure to find a buyer and time is against us.

"The issuing of the petition effectively means the club loses its ability to use its bank accounts. But we've made other provisions. We're not fazed or worried by it. The club's debts are not significant, we haven't got millions and millions of liabilities.

"We pretty much have two months' PAYE outstanding. We're waiting to see what the Revenue will do. They will probably advertise the petition [in the London Gazette] next week. I think there is a hearing date at the end of February.

"We need to focus on finding a buyer to completing a transaction to raise cash. In terms of working capital and cash it's only going to come from two sources: a buyer or player sales. We're working on both."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/7448120/Pompey-facing-winding-up-order

Sigh, who would seriously want to own them? Hope they don't go out of business though, I don't wanna be rivals with Bournemouth.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Portsmouth face another winding up order. Empty Re: Portsmouth face another winding up order.

Post by Lux Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:27 pm

They could easily sell a player in the transfer window and pay that off.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Portsmouth face another winding up order. Empty Re: Portsmouth face another winding up order.

Post by Jordi Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:28 pm

They also owe another £1.2m from their CVA at the beginning of next month too.

They'll be in admin if they're not bought next week.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:30 pm

I wouldn't mind them losing 10 points Portsmouth face another winding up order. 3925848005
    SFC-Aidan
    SFC-Aidan

Post by SFC-Aidan Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:31 pm

I agree about the needing a rival thing Smile I don't mind Bournemouth though so I don't think I'd want them to be rivals. At the same time I don't want to give Brighton the satisfaction of being our main rivals Laughing
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:31 pm

The league table if Pompey were liquidated:

1 Southampton Played 25 Points 49
    2 Cardiff Played 25 Points 45
    3 West Ham Played 24 Points 44
    4 Middlesbrough Played 25 Points 44
    5 Reading Played 25 Points 42
    6 Birmingham Played 24 Points 40
    7 Blackpool Played 25 Points 39
    8 Burnley Played 25 Points 39
    9 Hull Played 25 Points 39
    10 Derby Played 25 Points 37
    11 Leeds Played 25 Points 36
    12 Crystal Palace Played 25 Points 36

shifty
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Another Portsmouth thread from Jordi Portsmouth face another winding up order. 3925848005
    Jordi
    Jordi

Post by Jordi Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Kuled wrote:Another Portsmouth thread from Jordi Portsmouth face another winding up order. 3925848005
    Someone has to deliver this news. shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:44 pm

ib4fullblownpompeysaintsargument

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:59 am