Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
LFC_Grunners
Kuled
Pippo
Keanoo
Sean
9 posters

Where are they now? The Indian League...

Anonymous

Where are they now? The Indian League... Empty Where are they now? The Indian League...

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:58 am

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2012/January/15/cannavaro-making-indian-comeback/

Italian World Cup-winning captain Fabio Cannavaro is stepping out of retirement to make a comeback in a new Indian league.

The Italian will be part of a six-team competition which will be a joint venture between the Indian Football Association and the Celebrity Management Group (CMG).

Cannavaro, as well as other famous names including Englishmen Robbie Fowler and John Barnes, France's Robert Pires, Argentinians Hernan Crespo and Juan Pablo Sorin, Spaniard Fernando Morientes and Jay Jay Okocha of Nigeria, are all set to be part of the new Indian league.

"I'm getting back on the pitch with the Indian Football Association, West Bengal," Cannavaro tweeted.

The 38-year-old announced his retirement from the game in July because of a persistent knee problem, but it seems the lure of the new competition has caused a change of heart.

The franchises are Kolkata, Barasat, Howrah, Haldia, Durgapur and Siliguri, with each team boasting at least one marquee foreign player and a foreign coach.

Peter Reid and Colin Todd, who both have English Premier League experience, are expected to join Barnes among the coaches on offer.

The plan is for the competition to run for 10 weeks, with matches from Wednesday through to Sunday - usually at night - according to Italian press reports.

Television rights are expected to be sold not only in South-east Asia but also Europe and America.
    Sean

Where are they now? The Indian League... Empty Re: Where are they now? The Indian League...

Post by Sean Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:00 am

What the hell Laughing
    Keanoo
    Keanoo

Supports : Manchester United

Where are they now? The Indian League... Empty Re: Where are they now? The Indian League...

Post by Keanoo Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:00 am

Money, money, moooooney!
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:02 am

Oh nice Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:09 am

I always thought that the Indian league had potential. Huge fanbase, huge population, they only need to get Indians interested in the sport.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:10 am

Legends of the game are coming back lately, bet he'll score shifty
    LFC_Grunners
    LFC_Grunners

Supports : Liverpool

Post by LFC_Grunners Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 am

Will watch for Jay Jay Okocha

not worthy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:14 am

Also I doubt many westerners can handle living in India and in Indian culture, unless they decide to seclude themselves completely from society and are treating this as a paid vacation.
    Start.
    Start.

Supports : Chelsea FC.

Post by Start. Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:15 am

I am watching this.

Crespo, JJ, Pires, Barnes. wank 2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:20 am

I'd hate to live in India, even with the money. Plus the fans are simply masses of retarded temperamental monkeys, for the most part.
    Krul
    Krul

Post by Krul Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:21 am

Start. wrote:I am watching this.

Crespo, JJ, Pires, Barnes. wank 2

Where are they now? The Indian League... 001john-barnes-415x275

Gonna rip shit up
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:21 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:I'd hate to live in India, even with the money. Plus the fans are simply masses of retarded temperamental monkeys, for the most part.
    Not to mention all the owners have no clue about football, they just want the money.

Wouldn't be surprised if they sack managers left and right there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:26 am

Lu❣s Suarez wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:I'd hate to live in India, even with the money. Plus the fans are simply masses of retarded temperamental monkeys, for the most part.
    Not to mention all the owners have no clue about football, they just want the money.

Wouldn't be surprised if they sack managers left and right there.

If results don't go their way, the likes of Cannavaro should prepared to see people parading burning effigies of him around the street and stoning his house for good measure. That's what happens in cricket anyway. Overall it's not a pleasant environment to live in. Few months at best, then you get sick of the humidity and villagers staring at every white man that moves.

Needed to get that off my chest.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:29 am

I'd rather live in India than Sri Lanka to be honest.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:32 am

Doubt that now the civil war is mostly over, as a tropical holiday destination its quite superior. However I realise you said that deliberately to antagonise.
    Cadbury
    Cadbury

Supports : Not Kenny.

Post by Cadbury Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:33 am

I'm sorry.
    Carlos Jenkinson
    Carlos Jenkinson

Post by Carlos Jenkinson Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:35 am

Lu❣️s Suarez wrote:Also I doubt many westerners can handle living in India and in Indian culture, unless they decide to seclude themselves completely from society and are treating this as a paid vacation.

It's very western... Well atleast they're trying to be Neutral
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:36 am

We had an Indian on this forum, he vanished after the cricket world cup. Then there was the chelsea super fan who was going there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:42 am

Do the play without shoes?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:42 am

So this is the post-retirement league?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:58 am

Barnes is not up for that. Neutral

Looks mega unfit.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 am

Just a Master's League, like you see on Sky Sports in the spring months, all the old pro's playing again. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 1:46 am