Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
Bye_Ya
Andy Mitchell
Forest
ConorCelticFC
Juventino
SophisticatedBeggar
Ham.
crump
Muhkoo
Trent
Cam
zeke_cross
Ra's al Ghul
Lil-Milzer-Ladd
Harrold
MickStupp
Danny
Keanoo
Marvin
Start.
jeb4eva
JK
Jess
VivaRonaldoLAD
George
Dink
Kuled
iSamuel
Grenade
CoVkId01
Paulinho
Clark
TheRangersFan
Zzonked
ayvee1
Scuba Steve
Benitez
Krul
Lux
jonnyc23
Pippo
Steadman
SBSP
Demoz
Childish Logic
dena
Sean
Dean
El_indian
Jorlung
Mal
55 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Juventino Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:42 am

Haywire - 7/10

The lead actress is kind of cute, kicks ass, but can't act. :S
    Sean

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Sean Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:25 am

Being John Malckovich- 7/10 started out really different and funny but then just got too weird and ridiculous.
    Paulinho
    Paulinho

Formerly known as : psyroukis
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Paulinho Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:36 am

Zombieland - 8/10

Really cool movie, enjoyable dialogue etc
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Watched a few films the last few days.

White Chicks - 8/10
    Jack and Jill - 3/10
    This Means War - 7/10
    Hitch - 8/10
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:16 am

Super 8, surprised it's rated so low on IMDB. People have said it's not original, but if you look at it independently it's actually really good. Thought the characters were great and the acting was perfect from most of the kids.
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 am

Taken - 10/10 clap
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:49 am

Re-watched A Space Odyssey 9-9.5/10

Blade Runner 8.5/10

Alien 8.5/10

Last edited by SophisticatedBeggar on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:33 am

SophisticatedBeggar wrote:Re-watched A Space Odyssey 9-9.5/10

Blade Gunner 8.5/10

Alien 8.5/10

i see what you did t
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:34 am

BladeGunner wrote:
    SophisticatedBeggar wrote:Re-watched A Space Odyssey 9-9.5/10

Blade Gunner 8.5/10

Alien 8.5/10

i see what you did t

Completely escaped my mind Laughing Laughing
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:42 am

Saw Prometheus at the cinema today, didn't really care for it. Thought it was terrible for establishing empathy, the only character I even slightly gave a shit about was David and he was a robot. It really made you do a lot of work for the plot too, nothing was given to you.

I would say it was alright though, just a bit overrated.

Last edited by Zzonked on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 am

Gatsby wrote:Being John Malckovich- 7/10 started out really different and funny but then just got too weird and ridiculous.

It's a great movie though.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:59 am

If you like quirky stuff yea.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - 10/10

fucking awesome
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Has anyone watched Melancholia? Would you recommend it?

Seems that people either think it's boring and a waste of time, or one of the best movies of 2011.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Watched Prometheus, don't think it deserves all the hate it's been getting. I thought it was coherent and I was intrigued in the story most of the time. I agree that it leaves the big questions unanswered but the ending hinted at the possibility of a sequel so maybe there's still more to be explained. I kind of agree with Zzonked when he says that they didn't do enough to make us care for the characters. Many of them are douche-bags and I was frankly glad when

Spoiler:

Same applies for many of the other characters (Charlize Theron's character facepalm , more one dimensional than a line) but I do think Michael Fassbender was tremendous and that Idris Elba was pretty good as well.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Had a looooong flight, so got to watch a few movies.

Hangover: very funny Laughing
    Sherlock Holmes: wasn't sure how Robert Downey, Jr., would do, but it was good
    Sherlock Holmes 2: didn't get to finish it, but it was also good; quite different from the TV show
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Enjoyed Prometheus. I think the people that didn't like it went in with too high of an expectation. It wasn't as good as his two other sci-fi films, but did anyone really think it was going to be?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:41 pm

This sums up some of the problems with Prometheus. Also pretty funny.

MickStupp
    MickStupp

Post by MickStupp Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:32 am

Laughing Thought it was alright, nothing special, maybe 6/10
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:52 am

Zzonked wrote:This sums up some of the problems with Prometheus. Also pretty funny.

Laughing

They nitpick a bit but they've got a point.
    CoVkId01
    CoVkId01

Post by CoVkId01 Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:35 am

Some of my favourite movies on the last few nights Smile

Face/Off - Still a fantastic film, imagined myself as one of the guys (won't spoil it) and shit myself wondering what I'd do Laughing Travolta and Cage were brilliant in it

White Chicks - People don't like it but I think it's hilarious

Senna - Very well put together documentary of one of my favourite sportsmen. For somebody who wasn't alive when Ayrton was it's definitely made me more knowledgeable of the kind of character that he was. Very emotional, obviously especially near the end.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:20 am

Sherlock Holmes.

Not bad for a film directed by Guy Ritchie (not that I can recall watching any films he's been involved in shifty ), liked how everything about Blackwood was pieced together at the end (reminded me of Hustle). 8/10.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:28 am

Danny wrote:Sherlock Holmes.

Not bad for a film directed by Guy Ritchie (not that I can recall watching any films he's been involved in shifty ), liked how everything about Blackwood was pieced together at the end (reminded me of Hustle). 8/10.

Guy Ritchie directed the wonderful films that are Snatch and Lock Stock.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Prometheus 5/10. Visually stunning, not much else, no character development at all, this movie needed about 45 more minutes in, Really disappointed.

Although this does clear shit up, still though, fuck making me think that much while giving me nothing.

spoilers ofc.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/uswn1/prometheus_everything_explained_and_analysed/
    Rafael Benitez
    Rafael Benitez

Supports : Malaga

Post by Rafael Benitez Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Human Centipede 2 - Most pointless movie i have ever watched, completely shit compared to the first one, and it's in black and white Neutral

0/10
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Cedar Rapids- Very enjoyable comedy. One of the best I have seen recently.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:16 pm

dena wrote:Prometheus 5/10. Visually stunning, not much else, no character development at all, this movie needed about 45 more minutes in, Really disappointed.

Although this does clear shit up, still though, fuck making me think that much while giving me nothing.

spoilers ofc.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/uswn1/prometheus_everything_explained_and_analysed/

Wow, what a mind-fuck. Pretty awesome interpretation though but yeah, that's way too much too grasp from something that was so vague.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Will-10/10

Excellent depiction of what it ynwa means to be a Liverpool fan and ynwa to give everything for the club ynwa.

KingKennethDalglish was excellent in it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:21 am

Drive is the one of the weirdest non weird films I've ever seen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:31 am

The Vow, Ending was garbage

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:42 am