Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+51
Bye_Ya
Andy Mitchell
Forest
ConorCelticFC
Juventino
SophisticatedBeggar
Ham.
crump
Muhkoo
Trent
Cam
zeke_cross
Ra's al Ghul
Lil-Milzer-Ladd
Harrold
MickStupp
Danny
Keanoo
Marvin
Start.
jeb4eva
JK
Jess
VivaRonaldoLAD
George
Dink
Kuled
iSamuel
Grenade
CoVkId01
Paulinho
Clark
TheRangersFan
Zzonked
ayvee1
Scuba Steve
Benitez
Krul
Lux
jonnyc23
Pippo
Steadman
SBSP
Demoz
Childish Logic
dena
Sean
Dean
El_indian
Jorlung
Mal
55 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Sean

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Sean Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am

What is the UL?
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by ConorCelticFC Tue May 22, 2012 8:49 am

Anyone seen Confidence? I thought it was pretty average. Ed Burns is a cool motherfucker though.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 22, 2012 9:00 am

Gatsby wrote:What is the UL?

Fuck knows, I meant Euorpa Leauge. Suspect
    Sean

Post by Sean Tue May 22, 2012 9:32 am

I just ask because you said the same in the Chelsea thread shifty
    TheRangersFan
    TheRangersFan

Post by TheRangersFan Tue May 22, 2012 9:42 am

Saw The Dictator tonight - It was amusing in parts. final third was quite clichéd and aside from a late speech it lacked the satirical edge of Borat and Bruno. Nowhere near as good as Borat and the early Ali G Show, but far better than the shit Ali G movie.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 22, 2012 9:55 am

Gatsby wrote:I just ask because you said the same in the Chelsea thread shifty

I think UL is the child of the UEFA cup and the Europa league.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Just watched John Carter.

I really liked it actually, bit disappointed that a sequel is looking unlikely because it lost Disney so much money.
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu May 24, 2012 9:25 am

Anyone seen Case 39?
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Thu May 24, 2012 9:25 am

Watched Haywire today, good film.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu May 24, 2012 9:34 am

Watched Dog Soldiers earlier. Think it's quite underrated.
    Forest
    Forest

Post by Forest Thu May 24, 2012 9:45 am

Red Riding Hood

6/10 LADs
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Thu May 24, 2012 9:47 am

Drive - Strong 8.5/10

Well-written and well-acted. Just a slick film with a bit of a retro feel to it.

Reaffirmed my belief that Ryan Gosling is a top actor. Granted, I haven't seen much of his work prior to Half Nelson.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Fri May 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Dark Shadows was abysmal.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Fri May 25, 2012 1:41 pm

BladeGunner wrote:Dark Shadows was abysmal.

All the previews and tv spots looked horrible. Depp needs to take a break from making Burton films.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Mon May 28, 2012 6:48 pm

2001: A Space Odyssey

Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue May 29, 2012 10:36 am

Watched Fracture just now. It was good, would recommend it.
    ConorCelticFC
    ConorCelticFC

Post by ConorCelticFC Wed May 30, 2012 7:13 am

Zzonked wrote:Watched Fracture just now. It was good, would recommend it.

You are obsessed with Ryan Gosling. Laughing

I watched it ages ago, can't remember much about it.
    Harrold
    Harrold

Supports : The Gas.

Post by Harrold Wed May 30, 2012 7:15 am

Chronicle - I really, really enjoyed it. Good film. I didn't take to the style of filming to start with, but it grew on me. 8/10.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Thu May 31, 2012 1:45 am

Men in Black 3 was passable. Semi-decent popcorn flick.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Thu May 31, 2012 4:56 am

21 Jump Street - Has it's moments. Nothing overly wrong with it. Tatum a little wooden.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 5:11 am

The Stepfather - Weird film but the dude from Nip/Tuck is very good. 6.5/10
    Juventino
    Juventino

Post by Juventino Thu May 31, 2012 6:03 am

ayvee1 wrote:21 Jump Street - Has it's moments. Nothing overly wrong with it. Tatum a little wooden.

Terrible actor.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Thu May 31, 2012 6:24 am

Juventino. wrote:
    ayvee1 wrote:21 Jump Street - Has it's moments. Nothing overly wrong with it. Tatum a little wooden.

Terrible actor.
    Can't disagree, though this is the only film I've seen him in.

Spoiler - just in case anyone doesn't want to know anything about the film:
    Marvin
    Marvin

Supports : Hollyoaks

Post by Marvin Thu May 31, 2012 8:07 am

Got back from seeing Snow White a little bit ago, overall a pretty decent movie. Only thing I didn't really like was that Snow White and the hunter dude didn't kiss. Like the dude's kiss brought her back to life and she didn't even say shit to him until they way later on, even then she didn't say anything she just smiled when he made a joke. She did the same shit at the end too.

I roll my eyes as much as the next person at those lame kissing endings but sometimes it's just gotta happen, this was one of them. Wasn't just the kissing, the chemistry between the two was non existent until near the end too. It just pops up out of nowhere and you're suppose to buy it.

Anyway, I'm rambling on too much about a basic movie that wasn't really given much thought. Cool effects and all that jazz, 7/10.
    SophisticatedBeggar
    SophisticatedBeggar

Post by SophisticatedBeggar Thu May 31, 2012 11:00 am

Marvin wrote:Got back from seeing Snow White a little bit ago, overall a pretty decent movie. Only thing I didn't really like was that Snow White and the hunter dude didn't kiss. Like the dude's kiss brought her back to life and she didn't even say shit to him until they way later on, even then she didn't say anything she just smiled when he made a joke. She did the same shit at the end too.

I roll my eyes as much as the next person at those lame kissing endings but sometimes it's just gotta happen, this was one of them. Wasn't just the kissing, the chemistry between the two was non existent until near the end too. It just pops up out of nowhere and you're suppose to buy it.

Anyway, I'm rambling on too much about a basic movie that wasn't really given much thought. Cool effects and all that jazz, 7/10.

Looks like it could be decent, but won't watch as the notion of Stewart surpassing Theron in beauty is asking too much.

Last edited by SophisticatedBeggar on Thu May 31, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Thu May 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Laughing

I do think it probably would have worked better the other way around to be honest.
    Juventino
    Juventino

Post by Juventino Thu May 31, 2012 1:40 pm

That Chris Hemsworth guy is in it, right?

He's another actor that sucks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 3:39 pm

Juventino. wrote:That Chris Hemsworth guy is in it, right?

He's another actor that sucks.
    It's confuses me how he's gone from playing a total dork in Home and Away and Ca$h to become the alpha as fuck Thor.

He's pretty good imo.
    Juventino
    Juventino

Post by Juventino Thu May 31, 2012 3:57 pm

I think it's because he had to get jacked for Thor.
    Marvin
    Marvin

Post by Marvin Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 pm

He was pretty alright in this one. The acting all round was pretty good bar some a few scenes from Stewart, Charlize Theron stole the show though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:27 am