Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Samuel-x
Grenade
Gegilworld93
Theo Filippo
Pippo
Clark
VivaRonaldoLAD
The Zlatan
12 posters

Woman finds dead bird in salad bag

The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Woman finds dead bird in salad bag Empty Woman finds dead bird in salad bag

Post by The Zlatan Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:48 am

The crispy Tesco's salad with a dead bird inside: Vegetarian says she 'was seconds away from biting into it'

A couple have demanded compensation from Tesco after finding a fully-intact but emaciated carcass of a bird in a bag of 'fresh' supermarket salad.
    Vegetarian Julia Flynn, 39, from Brinscombe in Somerset, found the bird after serving a portion of the supermarket's own brand rocket salad onto her plate.
    The four-inch long dark coloured bird's skeletal remains were among the leaves.

Woman finds dead bird in salad bag Article-2062082-0ECFDB2600000578-424_634x401

The teacher fled the table and was later physically sick after making the discovery as she prepared to eat her dinner with partner Paul Streeter and his three children.
    Tesco pledged yesterday to fully investigate the find but the family have now demanded compensation from the supermarket.
    Mr Streeter said: 'I couldn't believe my eyes. It was horrific. Julia was seconds away from eating it.

'The bird was emaciated and about four inches long. At first Julia thought it was a leaf and tried to separate it with her fork.
    'Then she just screamed and went to be sick.
    'I took the bird and the bag of salad straight back to the store - I was furious. We are owed some compensation for this.'
    Mr Streeter had previously bought the bag of baby leaf rocket salad from the Burnham-on-Sea branch of Tesco on Saturday.
    He had put the salad into a bowl on his dining table and was still cooking a pizza for his three sons when he heard Julia shriek.

Woman finds dead bird in salad bag Article-2062082-0ED1120000000578-708_634x436

He added: 'She just shouted "oh my god there's a bird in my salad". I didn't know what to think. I was concerned about the health of my family as they had eaten some of the salad.
    'I took the bird to the Tesco store - where I have shopped for 11 years - but they just mentioned club card points.
    'They wanted me to hand them over the bird but I refused and took it back home.
    'People have asked me what kind of bird it was, but I really do not know. All I know is that it was truly disgusting.'
    Paul has now lodged a formal complaint with the store. They have removed the bird and vowed to fully investigate.
    A Tesco spokesman said: 'We take matters of this kind extremely seriously and are very disappointed to learn of this incident.
    'Ensuring our food is of the highest quality is extremely important to us and we and our suppliers have robust systems in place to prevent foreign objects getting into products.
    'We are in contact with the customer and have apologised.'

Lulz

My favourite comment.
    Reminds me of the time when people kill animals for food - kill yourself, if you're one of these people.

Even more lulz
    VivaRonaldoLAD
    VivaRonaldoLAD

Supports : Giggsy 12-0 Gerrard

Woman finds dead bird in salad bag Empty Re: Woman finds dead bird in salad bag

Post by VivaRonaldoLAD Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:51 am

Salad Lady wrote: "oh my god there's a bird in my salad".

rofl rofl
    Clark
    Clark

Supports : Atheism

Post by Clark Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:51 am

Yum.

I seen this, the video was funny, I would be sickened, not because it is dead, just because it was there.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:58 am

Must have ruffled a few feathers, that.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:01 am

Vegetarians facepalm
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:03 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Vegetarians Woman finds dead bird in salad bag 58503

I have to agree.

"I don't want to eat that cow because you killed it"

Surely eating it is better than not, if no one ate the beef of that cown then that cow died for nothing.
    Gegilworld93
    Gegilworld93

Supports : Arsenal FC, FC Winterthur

Post by Gegilworld93 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:05 am

Wow Laughing

pity this is not in America, she'd be bound to get several millions.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:05 am

I once found a cockroach wedged into one of those coconut cakes you get at Tesco. It was still sealed etc so I could have got compensation Woman finds dead bird in salad bag 214775

Nah but really Tesco do this sort of shit often. You should see their bakery area its fucking groce.
    I saw a chav at a Tesco in scarborough who had his hands stuffed down his pants whilst packing baguettes Woman finds dead bird in salad bag 369140
    Woman finds dead bird in salad bag 21530d1304351814t-sailcats-puke-gif-jpg
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:05 am

That's disgusting, If that happened to me I would try and get as much money as possible from Tesco.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:00 am

Not surprised. Our rivals do not care about the consumers whatsoever, unlike us. We are a vertically integrated business, and promote fresh thinking.
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Supports : Chelsea Football Club

Post by Samuel-x Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:00 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Vegetarians facepalm

Would there be a problem here?
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 am

Samuel-x wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Vegetarians facepalm

I think its retarded. How can you not have a meal without meat.
    Lux
    Lux

Supports : Watford FC

Post by Lux Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:10 am

grenade187 wrote:Nah but really Tesco do this sort of shit often. You should see their bakery area its fucking groce.
    I saw a chav at a Tesco in scarborough who had his hands stuffed down his pants whilst packing baguettes

Working at Waitrose......I wasn't THAT bad but I would recommend washing any unpacked fruit/veg before using it Laughing
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Post by Samuel-x Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:15 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Samuel-x wrote:

I think its retarded. How can you not have a meal without meat.

Because some people dislike the thought of eating animals? It's a life choice, alike religion.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:17 am

Samuel-x wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:I think its retarded. How can you not have a meal without meat.

Because some people dislike the thought of eating animals? It's a life choice, alike religion.
    Yeah, both are fucking stupid.

Vegetarians - Attention seekers
    Religious people (Especially Muslims) - Delusional

You will get some of these retards eating fish still.
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Post by Samuel-x Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Samuel-x wrote:

Yeah, both are fucking stupid.

Vegetarians - Attention seekers
    Religious people (Especially Muslims) - Delusional

You will get some of these retards eating fish still.

Attention seekers? Oh please. Lol 2
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:20 am

To be honest I am surprised there hasn't been a category for people who don't eat plants either because it could block the growth of wild animals.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:41 am

Wow, I'd throw up too. sick

Don't agree with being vegetarian, but they can do what they want.

Samuel, ignore Filippo. He's a troll.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:49 am

SBSP wrote:Wow, I'd throw up too. sick

Yeah, for disagreeing with vegetarians.

Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Post by Samuel-x Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:50 am

I've already taken that into account, I respect people's opinion on things but to claim people don't meat for attention is absurd.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 am

Samuel-x wrote:

I've already taken that into account, I respect people's opinion on things but to claim people don't meat for attention is absurd.
    Some of these 'veggies' also eat fish but frown upon other meats.
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Post by Samuel-x Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 am

Filippo Inzaghi wrote:
    Samuel-x wrote:

Some of these 'veggies' also eat fish but frown upon other meats.

There's more than one type of vegetarianism, for example those who eat fish would be classed as a pescetarian.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:03 am

Fish isn't meat in that sense.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:20 am

SBSP wrote:Fish isn't meat in that sense.
    Fish is meat in any sense you spastic.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:21 am

Samuel-x wrote:
    Filippo Inzaghi wrote:Some of these 'veggies' also eat fish but frown upon other meats.

There's more than one type of vegetarianism, for example those who eat fish would be classed as a pescetarian.
    I am aware of that. Again attention seekers.
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Vegetarians are phaggots.
    Samuel-x
    Samuel-x

Post by Samuel-x Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:22 pm

grenade187 wrote:Vegetarians are phaggots.

"Shut the fuck up".
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:58 pm

My uncle goes to farms and shit and checks stuff for supermarkets and he found a dead mole in a bag of salad.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:53 pm

These things happen but these guys are dodgy. Straight away they're saying "We deserve some compensation for this."

Really his wife had maxed out his credit cards and threatened to go suck off the neighbour who has a bigger bank balance. So while the husband was thinking of a plan in his garden he spotted a bird corpse at the bottom of the garden. The rest is history.

shifty
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:08 am

I could never imagine being a vegetarian. I'm Greek for Gods sake, I would be hung by my family... And then eaten.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:09 am