Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

senior side v reserves in cups

Weather130
    Weather130

senior side v reserves in cups Empty senior side v reserves in cups

Post by Weather130 Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:22 am

I love when countries have rules that all this to happen in cups and when it does things seem to get quite interesting. It makes me have to wonder when you talk to the chairman and top staff what is the strategy here? Do you let the two sides play it out normally or do you instruct the reserves to take things easy and let the senior side to advance? This year we already have one of these games scheduled and at least another very interesting situation.

Austria: Red Bull Salzburg v Red Bull Salzburg B This is a quarterfinals fixture for the Austrian Cup

Hungary: Right now they are at the round of 16 but the remainder of the tournament is bracketed. Therefore we could have Kaposvári Rákóczi v Kaposvári Rákóczi II as the cup final
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

senior side v reserves in cups Empty Re: senior side v reserves in cups

Post by Grenade Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:23 am

Shouldn't be allowed. Could be suspect to match fixing.
    Uncle John from Jamaica
    Uncle John from Jamaica

Post by Uncle John from Jamaica Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:36 am

If the reserves were somehow to advance, do you think they would just field their first 11 for the next game?
    Demba Ba
    Demba Ba

Formerly known as : cheesy

Post by Demba Ba Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:26 am

Interesting situation. They should make it in the draw so that these sides can't come up against each other, to avoid any claims of match fixing.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:38 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:If the reserves were somehow to advance, do you think they would just field their first 11 for the next game?
    Interesting thought. I'm not sure if it would be allowed, seeing as they are classed as different teams for that tournament (maybe they had to name their squads, not sure how it works on the continent). Another thought would be that if the reserve side beat the 1st team, they would arguably deserve to go on in the tournament themselves.
    Weather130
    Weather130

Post by Weather130 Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:40 am

Uncle John from Jamaica wrote:If the reserves were somehow to advance, do you think they would just field their first 11 for the next game?
    Well I do not think you can do a mass transfer like that. Also I imagine most countries have a cup tied rule to prevent this situation from happening.

In 2001/02 Levadia Tallinn II beat Levadia Tallinn 2-0 in the Estonian Cup final. Levadia Tallinn II then lost 0-4 in a UEFA Cup qualifier against Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:57 pm