Chat Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Chat Thread

Post by Stranger on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:55 am

Hello sbsp
    JamieB
    JamieB

Supports : Manchester United

Post by JamieB on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:03 am

Hello! I had almost forgotten about this place. To whoever still posts well you know hello Smile hope you are all well Smile
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Does anyone have that chart that detailed "Mid-table mediocrity", "Mid-table superiority", "Upper-table inferiority" etc.  I want to see where United are heading.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:53 pm

I was checking the hall of fame recently and saw it there, will check again later
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Stranger on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Chat Thread - Page 20 1c3ffc92467418b03646591fab69c87d
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:27 am

Image doesn't work for me.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Stranger on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:04 am

https://i.imgur.com/pCus5rE.png
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:38 am

+1  courier strength.
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi on Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:12 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Zzonked wrote:I wonder if Resurrection Rooney is now less of a concieted fuck and if he ever found jesus.

Here's his infraction list, think we all spent 2011/12 productively. 

All of those were unfair.  Yes, I did call people spastics, but, in all fairness, they were acting like spastics.  I never insulted anyone who didn't deserve it. Ahly had a huge vendetta against me because he knew I should have been moderator instead of him and the vote was fixed.  

Re: baiting and trolling, did I try to provoke conversation?  Yes.  

Given what Kenneth was up to at the time I'd say it was more offensive to call him "King Kenny" than KKKenny.  I never made any racist comments.

I believe there was also a permanent ban for participating in mauro = beast's attempt to hack that IRA guy.  That one was justified.

The funniest thing was calling RVP "van Rapist", then when Arsenal fans cried about it saying it was because he raped Premier League defences  Laughing.  I can't believe I never got infracted for that. The 2012/13 would have been great fun on here.

I think in hindsight, Ahly was a complete spastic. Some real badges of honour in there.
    Royal
    Royal

Post by Royal on Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:01 pm

Fuck me, what a forum. I remember making that shitty logo and trying to make the A look like a Jabulani ball, clearly did a great job Laughing

I was actually pretty depressed during those years. Playing FIFA all the time and chatting on this forum was an escape, kinda nice to see it's still going. I wonder how many others were in the same situation, some people spent a worrying amount of time on here. Hope everyone's doing well.
    CH33
    CH33

Post by CH33 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:44 am

So much nostalgia. Despite still not feeling like an adult, I can definitely tell how much I've changed since posting on here. It's low compared to others but I have no idea how I managed 3755 posts. Most of it must have been nonsense.

This was a unique close-knit community back in the day and there were some proper sound people. Twitter is probably the reason I moved on although it is a completely different to this place which I do somewhat miss despite not using the chat thread too much if at all.

@Royal: Same here, still am from time to time but at least there is a sense of direction now. I remember playing FIFA with a few people from here one New Year's Eve instead of going out, which kind of sums up how boring our lives must have been at the time, but I wouldn't change it as it is a reminder of how things have improved for the most part. I hope it is the same for everyone else.

Would love to hear some stories from people about how they've moved on since 2012. Like has anyone been married, become a millionaire or locked up for murder yet? Laughing Are any of you lot still in contact with each other?
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Gegilworld wrote:Where's Jess the slag?

Zzonked are you still lifting?

I haven't touched a weight for about 5 years at this point.

I just run instead now, ran Chicago marathon last month, trying to do Berlin later this year and will do Manchester in April.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Zzonked wrote:I wonder if Resurrection Rooney is now less of a concieted fuck and if he ever found jesus.

Here's his infraction list, think we all spent 2011/12 productively. 

Level 1 / Using 'spaz' / 19th May 2011 / blackskar EXPIRED
    Level 1 / Baiting and calling Liverpool fans 'spastics' / 19th May 2011 / Zzonked EXPIRED
    Level 1 / Baiting / 24th May 2011 / Zzonked EXPIRED
    Level 2/ Racism / June 8 2011 / Rei Andros EXPIRED
    Level 1/ Spamming / July 5 2011 / Royal EXPIRED

Level 2 /Personal insults against a mod after repeated warnings / October 20 2011 / ahlycotc
    Level 1 / Calling another member a spastic / 23 OCT 11 / ayvee1
    Level 1 / Trolling / 29 Oct 2011 / ahlycotc
    Level 1 / suggesting genocide / 8 Nov 2011 / ahlycotc

5 day ban served

Level 1 / telling me to fuck off after telling people to stay on topic / 24 Nov 2011 / ahlycotc
    Level 1 / Insulting other members & trolling / 28 Novemeber 2011 / Zzonked
    Level 1 / racism & offensive comments / 10 December 2011 / ahlycotc
    Level 1 / Constantly referring to Dalglish as 'KKKenny', trolling / 3rd January 2012 / Jordi
    Level 2 / Sectarian comments and abusing another member / 12th January 2012 / Mal

Ban served

All of those were unfair.  Yes, I did call people spastics, but, in all fairness, they were acting like spastics.  I never insulted anyone who didn't deserve it. Ahly had a huge vendetta against me because he knew I should have been moderator instead of him and the vote was fixed.  

Given what Kenneth was up to at the time I'd say it was more offensive to call him "King Kenny" than KKKenny.  I never made any racist comments.

I believe there was also a permanent ban for participating in mauro = beast's attempt to hack that IRA guy.  That one was justified.

The funniest thing was calling RVP "van Rapist", then when Arsenal fans cried about it saying it was because he raped Premier League defences  Laughing.  I can't believe I never got infracted for that. The 2012/13 would have been great fun on here.

Lol different world back then I guess. Using rape in the context of jokes was far more acceptable than it is in 2019. I remember KSI made rape jokes constantly in his fifa videos. (disclaimer I obviously don't watch KSI any more)

You were for sure baiting/trolling constantly. In retrospect it did make it more interesting though. A lot of people were constantly taken in so I suppose it was successful too.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:48 pm

CH33 wrote:So much nostalgia. Despite still not feeling like an adult, I can definitely tell how much I've changed since posting on here. It's low compared to others but I have no idea how I managed 3755 posts. Most of it must have been nonsense.

This was a unique close-knit community back in the day and there were some proper sound people. Twitter is probably the reason I moved on although it is a completely different to this place which I do somewhat miss despite not using the chat thread too much if at all.

@Royal: Same here, still am from time to time but at least there is a sense of direction now. I remember playing FIFA with a few people from here one New Year's Eve instead of going out, which kind of sums up how boring our lives must have been at the time, but I wouldn't change it as it is a reminder of how things have improved for the most part. I hope it is the same for everyone else.

Would love to hear some stories from people about how they've moved on since 2012. Like has anyone been married, become a millionaire or locked up for murder yet? Laughing Are any of you lot still in contact with each other?

Definitely nostalgic and very close knit. The reason it was always going to die is because there was basically 0 member growth from day 1. The members were 99% from the EA forums and there was no organic growth of new members so no one to replace the leavers. 

I'm not married but been in the same relationship for most of my 20s now. Live with her in a flat just outside Manchester won't say exactly where so I don't dox myself lol (ResurrectionRooney I remember you said all the time that people overshared personal info on here, in retrospect you were 100% right). Got a job that has nothing to do with my degree I was studying at the time of being on here. I enjoy it a lot though and think I'm pretty well respected in it. 

On some levels I'm completely different to how I was at the time of being on here, but on other levels I'm still probably exactly the same.  Laughing I'm far more confident in real life than I used to be, have a much more varied view of the world and probably more discipline, but I bet my thought process still is relatively similar.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:58 pm

Zzonked wrote:

Lol different world back then I guess. Using rape in the context of jokes was far more acceptable than it is in 2019. I remember KSI made rape jokes constantly in his fifa videos. (disclaimer I obviously don't watch KSI any more)

You were for sure baiting/trolling constantly. In retrospect it did make it more interesting though. A lot of people were constantly taken in so I suppose it was successful too.

The internet's a totally different place now.  Internet trolling jumped the shark when one became President of the United States.  People got too wise to it, it's gone into some really dark, hateful shit now. Trolls are Russian bots, white nationalists, gender nutters and cunts like Kate Hopkins.  Political campaigns even use it, look at the Conservatives the other week using Comic Sans to get their messaging out, or putting out exaggerating figures so that people spend ages arguing about them and getting them in the public eye.  

Instead of winding people up or provoking interesting discussion they're now they're undermining the fabric of society.  Fair to say it's gone a bit far.  It's tragic how few people are wise to it.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Stranger on Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 am

Never really posted here during the peak years, place was too unfriendly.  Cry
    Jordi
    Jordi

Supports : Saints

Post by Jordi on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:50 am

Stranger wrote:Never really posted here during the peak years, place was too unfriendly.  Cry

Fuck off you cunt!  shifty
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Stranger on Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:06 am

Wow it's 2020
    CameronLFC
    CameronLFC

Post by CameronLFC on Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:42 am

Loads of us still follow each other and talk on twitter. I do miss this old place sometimes.
    Chris---
    Chris---

Post by Chris--- on Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:49 am

Whats up dudes. Its the original Chris.

I took up playing FIFA again this year and as you know, this forum derived from the original FIFA forums. Well they are thriving once again and i'm using them.. a decade on. Thats what made me think of this place. Things go full circle.

I am now 31 years old, I manage a hotel and some rented apartments in Devon, always between Exeter and Plymouth week to week. Hope you're all well whether I trolled you or not.

If any of you want to hit me up or follow me its @chr1sterfer on twitter.

Peace
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Stranger on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:20 am

I remember your insightful threads in the off topic section on EA

Also you used to stream some NBA game I'm sure?
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Chris--- wrote:Whats up dudes. Its the original Chris.

I took up playing FIFA again this year and as you know, this forum derived from the original FIFA forums. Well they are thriving once again and i'm using them.. a decade on. Thats what made me think of this place. Things go full circle.

I am now 31 years old, I manage a hotel and some rented apartments in Devon, always between Exeter and Plymouth week to week. Hope you're all well whether I trolled you or not.

If any of you want to hit me up or follow me its @chr1sterfer on twitter.

Peace
    Were you the Bodybuilding.com guy?
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:06 am

Hello Everyone.

Never really messaged much in here when was active but what a place this was.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 pm