Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+46
blackskar
Mr Arnold Durmmond
Bushido
JamieB
Kie_LFC
Novi
George
Forest
Cam
Andy
SophisticatedBeggar
Cameron.
Juventino
crump
ShakerMatty
Cristiano
LeBron
Keanoo
Danny
bcfcben
Jayx1012
Lux
Cadbury
Theo Filippo
Steadman
VivaRonaldoLAD
Clark
Mal
El_indian
Jorlung
Sheppy
banana
LFC_Grunners
Childish Logic
Jordi
The Zlatan
Jord
Barton
CollieBuddz
Grenade
Sean
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Pippo
dena
Mouse
50 posters

GTA Five

Mal
    Mal

GTA Five - Page 16 Empty Re: GTA Five

Post by Mal Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:59 am

http://gtavaction.wordpress.com/
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:10 am

GTA Five - Page 16 XWjdG
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:29 am

Read that article, holy fucking shit.
    Mal
    Mal

Post by Mal Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:43 am

Don't like the concept of controlling 3 different characters and changing to each one. It's actually made me doubt how good this'll be. I like being one character and building him up. facepalm
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:46 am

Mal wrote:Don't like the concept of controlling 3 different characters and changing to each one. It's actually made me doubt how good this'll be. I like being one character and building him up. facepalm

Hopefully you just get to pick one and continue with him.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:47 am

I'm not sure on that, it sounds like they've pulled it off in the magazine though. The world just sounds so amazing though.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 am

Oh WOW they actually went with 3 protagonists!

I'm sure they'll do something crazy & awesome with it though....Like a shootout between all 3 at the end haha.
    Kie_LFC
    Kie_LFC

Supports : Gerlonso

Post by Kie_LFC Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 am

I'm really excited for this now. Having 3 protagonists sounds interesting and everything about it seems amazing. Especially the world.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:08 am

That huge article is nicely summarized into bullet points here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/377653/gta-v-full-details-bank-heists-dynamic-missions-and-underwater-gameplay/#

Trevor has a paranoid conspiracy theorist friend named Ron.

haha I love these guys in GTA games.
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:00 am

GTA Five - Page 16 O1Aan
    GTA Five - Page 16 6kt96
    GTA Five - Page 16 IXKnB

GTA Five - Page 16 N19P5
    GTA Five - Page 16 6er5s
    GTA Five - Page 16 HTwKd
    GTA Five - Page 16 PQyAq
    GTA Five - Page 16 MLKzz
    GTA Five - Page 16 UeyN7
    GTA Five - Page 16 4VTzq
    GTA Five - Page 16 PLegD
    GTA Five - Page 16 ZdWFG
    GTA Five - Page 16 AfLdd
    GTA Five - Page 16 Mj8B6
    GTA Five - Page 16 Rrot1
    GTA Five - Page 16 PgD2a
    GTA Five - Page 16 YuNFt
    GTA Five - Page 16 Xz1Dy
    GTA Five - Page 16 DLdyh

Details GTA 5

"Los Santos is bigger than RDR, GTA IV and San Andreas combined."
    You can explore underwater sections of the city.

Summary:

THE STORY

- Three characters form an unlikely alliance to pull off a series of elaborate bank heists.

- The "strongest plotted game" Rockstar have ever created.

THE CHARACTERS

- Three playable characters; Michael, a retired bank robber in witness protection and suffering from a quickly draining bank account (thanks to his over-exuberant wife); Trevor, a desert-dwelling, sociopathic former war veteran; and Franklin, an up-and-coming gangster with a taste for the high-life.

- Freely switch between them at any time when not on a mission.

- When you're not playing as them, they live out their own lives; when you return to them you will find them performing random actions that fit their personalities (e.g.: Michael will be with his family, Trevor will be terrorising locals in the country, and Franklin will be driving along Vespucci Beach).

- Each character has been carefully created; they are their own individual with very different outlooks on life and the events that happen in the game.

- They each come from different walks of life and you will find them living in different parts of the city (Michael in his lavish mansion, Trevor in a trailer in the desert, and Franklin in beach-side accomodation).

- Each character has their own unique story arc, which intersect at key moments.

THE SETTING

- The game will take place in Los Santos (the GTA universe's answer to Los Angeles) and the surrounding countryside.

- The largest open world Rockstar has ever created; including both interior and exterior locations the game world is bigger than those of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined.

- The expansive world includes beachfronts, wine country, a large wilderness area surrounding a fully climbable mountain, a Salton Sea region and a military base, as well as the diverse cityscape of Los Santos.

- Small towns will also populate the rural areas of the game.

- You better bring your scuba gear too; the ocean is fully explorable, and fully detailed.

- The return to Los Santos was because Rockstar felt they had not fully explored the potential of the city in the "sketch-like" iteration in 2004's San Andreas.

- West Coast culture and its potential for GTA-style satire was a big part in deciding on the location.

- The bustling metropolis and its surrounding countryside promises to mesh the best features of the settings of Grand Theft Auto IV and Red Dead Redemption.

THE GAMEPLAY

- Rockstar has rebuilt most of the game's mechanics from the ground up.

- Driving has been designed with racing games in mind; emphasis on physics and how the cars hold to the ground.

- Apart from the hundreds of cars, motorbikes, trucks and boats, other vehicles include BMX bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, helicopters, planes, ATVs and jet skis.

- You don't need to wait until the end-game to take to the skies (Trevor, as a war veteran, even has a pilot's licence).

- Shooting and melee combat has been refined a great deal, though Rockstar are keeping quiet on those subjects for now.

- Ammu-Nation has made a return, replacing the back alley gun stores seen in GTA IV.

- Weapons are now even more varied. One new addition is a gasoline canister you can dowse any target in. Either throw a match or leave a gasoline trail to ignite the target from a safe distance.

- Numerous bank heist missions occur throughout the storyline.

- Rockstar wanted to focus on mission variety; more elaborate missions (think IV's "Three Leaf Clover") will occur more often, replacing the often menial "A-to-B & kill something" mission structure seen in previous games.

- Different missions will see the three protagonists acting alone, in pairs or all together.

- A mission showcased to Game Informer saw the three anti-heroes storming a skyscraper in an attempt to kidnap a target. Michael rappelled down from the side of the building from a helicopter piloted by Trevor, while Franklin provided sniper fire from a neighbouring rooftop. At any moment in the mission, the player is free to switch between the characters. Want to storm the building yourself? Stay as Michael. Want to provide cover fire for Michael as he storms the building? Switch to Franklin. Ready for your escape? Fly the helicopter as Trevor or fire at your pursuers as one of the other characters.

- Switching between characters is done via a radial menu. The transitions are quick and smooth.

- For the first time in the series, the game features a dynamic musical score. Previous instalments have only featured a main theme.
    OH MY GAWDDDD
    JamieB
    JamieB

Supports : Manchester United

Post by JamieB Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:03 am

Kuled wrote:

Details GTA 5

"Los Santos is bigger than RDR, GTA IV and San Andreas combined."
    You can explore underwater sections of the city.

Summary:

THE STORY

- Three characters form an unlikely alliance to pull off a series of elaborate bank heists.

- The "strongest plotted game" Rockstar have ever created.

THE CHARACTERS

- Three playable characters; Michael, a retired bank robber in witness protection and suffering from a quickly draining bank account (thanks to his over-exuberant wife); Trevor, a desert-dwelling, sociopathic former war veteran; and Franklin, an up-and-coming gangster with a taste for the high-life.

- Freely switch between them at any time when not on a mission.

- When you're not playing as them, they live out their own lives; when you return to them you will find them performing random actions that fit their personalities (e.g.: Michael will be with his family, Trevor will be terrorising locals in the country, and Franklin will be driving along Vespucci Beach).

- Each character has been carefully created; they are their own individual with very different outlooks on life and the events that happen in the game.

- They each come from different walks of life and you will find them living in different parts of the city (Michael in his lavish mansion, Trevor in a trailer in the desert, and Franklin in beach-side accomodation).

- Each character has their own unique story arc, which intersect at key moments.

THE SETTING

- The game will take place in Los Santos (the GTA universe's answer to Los Angeles) and the surrounding countryside.

- The largest open world Rockstar has ever created; including both interior and exterior locations the game world is bigger than those of Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas and GTA IV combined.

- The expansive world includes beachfronts, wine country, a large wilderness area surrounding a fully climbable mountain, a Salton Sea region and a military base, as well as the diverse cityscape of Los Santos.

- Small towns will also populate the rural areas of the game.

- You better bring your scuba gear too; the ocean is fully explorable, and fully detailed.

- The return to Los Santos was because Rockstar felt they had not fully explored the potential of the city in the "sketch-like" iteration in 2004's San Andreas.

- West Coast culture and its potential for GTA-style satire was a big part in deciding on the location.

- The bustling metropolis and its surrounding countryside promises to mesh the best features of the settings of Grand Theft Auto IV and Red Dead Redemption.

THE GAMEPLAY

- Rockstar has rebuilt most of the game's mechanics from the ground up.

- Driving has been designed with racing games in mind; emphasis on physics and how the cars hold to the ground.

- Apart from the hundreds of cars, motorbikes, trucks and boats, other vehicles include BMX bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, helicopters, planes, ATVs and jet skis.

- You don't need to wait until the end-game to take to the skies (Trevor, as a war veteran, even has a pilot's licence).

- Shooting and melee combat has been refined a great deal, though Rockstar are keeping quiet on those subjects for now.

- Ammu-Nation has made a return, replacing the back alley gun stores seen in GTA IV.

- Weapons are now even more varied. One new addition is a gasoline canister you can dowse any target in. Either throw a match or leave a gasoline trail to ignite the target from a safe distance.

- Numerous bank heist missions occur throughout the storyline.

- Rockstar wanted to focus on mission variety; more elaborate missions (think IV's "Three Leaf Clover") will occur more often, replacing the often menial "A-to-B & kill something" mission structure seen in previous games.

- Different missions will see the three protagonists acting alone, in pairs or all together.

- A mission showcased to Game Informer saw the three anti-heroes storming a skyscraper in an attempt to kidnap a target. Michael rappelled down from the side of the building from a helicopter piloted by Trevor, while Franklin provided sniper fire from a neighbouring rooftop. At any moment in the mission, the player is free to switch between the characters. Want to storm the building yourself? Stay as Michael. Want to provide cover fire for Michael as he storms the building? Switch to Franklin. Ready for your escape? Fly the helicopter as Trevor or fire at your pursuers as one of the other characters.

- Switching between characters is done via a radial menu. The transitions are quick and smooth.

- For the first time in the series, the game features a dynamic musical score. Previous instalments have only featured a main theme.
    OH MY GAWDDDD

Wow

I cannot wait for this Very Happy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:18 am

Fuck off Kuled you prick.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:05 am

Kuled has found a new obsession, instead of my assassins he'll start calling us his niggas
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:12 am

lool
    i'm just obsessed with video games,is that so wrong Snooty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:43 am

That post just made me nearly puke. lool
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:54 am

kyro7 wrote:That post just made me nearly puke. lool
    Would you kindly jump off a cliff?
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 am

Just wonder if there could be co-op with mates?? That would be so cool.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:20 am

Kuled wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:That post just made me nearly puke. lool
    Would you kindly jump off a cliff?
    No.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:26 am

Kuled wrote:Just wonder if there could be co-op with mates?? That would be so cool.
    Come on you should know, if there is then OH MY GAWWDDDD WHATA GAME LOOK AT THOSE PICTURES
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:28 am

kyro7 wrote:
    Kuled wrote:Would you kindly jump off a cliff?
    No.
    you don't get it Dry Smile nvm
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:07 pm

3 different protagonists GTA Five - Page 16 537999
    Don't like the idea of three protagonists at all tbh, however with the company being Rockstar, I can see this perhaps risky approach paying off (it happened with LA Noire, a detective game was a new genre for most people and the game worked well). I would have liked a foreign protagonist however (as in a Serb like Niko or a Cuban/Dominican character) I think having three likely American characters is a bad idea, personally.

The game world sounds great. The underwater environment could suggest that we get underwater guns such as harpoons, which would be a good addition.

Would like more gang related females tbh. I don’t think in real like theres that many major gangs that consist of 100% males plus it could be fun to kill women who fight back with a firearm Very Happy.There was only one female character who possesed a gun in the whole of GTA 4, an unnamed character that features in one of Fixers assasination missions.

I think we could see a return of some characters in past games maybe too, such as Packie McCreary (who is seen going to the airport at the end of TBOGT). Could suggest he is heading to Los Santos to start a new life.This could be backed up with the bank robbery link as the 3 protagonists carry out bank robberies and Packie was involved in the mission Three Leaf Clover (the mission where you go to the bank and kill the police).

I'd love for there to be a 2 player mode where you can explore Los Santos with a friend offline and do missions with them and such, would be good fun.

I don’t know just throwing theories around. Anyway I look forward to this game. Imo Rockstar are the best game developers of the modern day and I expect them to pull off yet another great game.
    Mouse
    Mouse

Post by Mouse Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:33 am

Pippo wrote:3 different protagonists GTA Five - Page 16 537999
    Don't like the idea of three protagonists at all tbh, however with the company being Rockstar, I can see this perhaps risky approach paying off (it happened with LA Noire, a detective game was a new genre for most people and the game worked well). I would have liked a foreign protagonist however (as in a Serb like Niko or a Cuban/Dominican character) I think having three likely American characters is a bad idea, personally.

The game world sounds great. The underwater environment could suggest that we get underwater guns such as harpoons, which would be a good addition.

Would like more gang related females tbh. I don’t think in real like theres that many major gangs that consist of 100% males plus it could be fun to kill women who fight back with a firearm Very Happy.There was only one female character who possesed a gun in the whole of GTA 4, an unnamed character that features in one of Fixers assasination missions.

I think we could see a return of some characters in past games maybe too, such as Packie McCreary (who is seen going to the airport at the end of TBOGT). Could suggest he is heading to Los Santos to start a new life.This could be backed up with the bank robbery link as the 3 protagonists carry out bank robberies and Packie was involved in the mission Three Leaf Clover (the mission where you go to the bank and kill the police).

I'd love for there to be a 2 player mode where you can explore Los Santos with a friend offline and do missions with them and such, would be good fun.

I don’t know just throwing theories around. Anyway I look forward to this game. Imo Rockstar are the best game developers of the modern day and I expect them to pull off yet another great game.
    I hope there is some sort of mission where you drive a van round a beach while people dance to the music.
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:00 am

Mouse wrote:
    Pippo wrote:3 different protagonists GTA Five - Page 16 537999

I hope there is some sort of mission where you drive a van round a beach while people dance to the music.

Hope that the dance controls are somewhat possible to navigate for the below average gamer. Cry
    Grenade
    Grenade

Formerly known as : grenade187

Post by Grenade Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:28 am

Pippo wrote:
    Mouse wrote:I hope there is some sort of mission where you drive a van round a beach while people dance to the music.

Hope that the dance controls are somewhat possible to navigate for the below average gamer. Cry
    GTA Five - Page 16 Noob2
    Kuled

Post by Kuled Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:09 am

GTA Five - Page 16 1352713337
    GTA Five - Page 16 1352713350
    GTA Five - Page 16 1352713392
    GTA Five - Page 16 1352713439
    GTA Five - Page 16 1352713376
    GTA Five - Page 16 1l5ugo
    GTA Five - Page 16 2owu2h
    GTA Five - Page 16 4ciu9s
    GTA Five - Page 16 3youfn
    GTA Five - Page 16 87yucq
    GTA Five - Page 16 9rauvn
    GTA Five - Page 16 10azuyw
    GTA Five - Page 16 20121112092123-rsg_gtav_screenshot_033
    GTA Five - Page 16 20121112104400-gtav_gnl_2012112_01
    GTA Five - Page 16 20121112104451-gtav_gnl_2012112_07
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:15 am

first mission:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/12/grand-theft-auto-5-reinventing-the-open-world-rulebook

Game starts with a mountain bike cheers

Still remember jumping on that BMX in San Andreas.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 am

Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 am

GTA Five - Page 16 Gta5_biplane

Sexy, game looks absolutely massive.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Post by El_indian Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm

couple more pics:

Spoiler:

that unfinished building looks like a good playground..

edit: OMG just read that the triathlon is back!
    Novi
    Novi

Supports : Arsenal

Post by Novi Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Buzzing for this game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:17 am