Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
The Bat-Man
Laurencio
ResurrectionRooney
SBSP
8 posters

Sherlock

ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Sherlock - Page 3 Empty Re: Sherlock

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:And where did The Final Problem end? Mischief

Reichenbach Falls, with Sherlock supposedly dying. Game of Shadows and The Reichenbach Fall both ended in London, with Sherlock presumed dead, covertly watching Watson. Coincidence? I think not.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

The series isn't based on Guy Ritchie's films though. Suspect

Alright then, it's just a coincidence that both series have come out after a Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes film. Where did Game of Shadows end? The Reichenbach Falls. What was the title of the final Sherlock episode? The Reichenbach Fall. I can't believe you haven't worked this out.

I don't think the series was intended to imitate the films. Game of Shadows was released in mid December, I believe. The script for the the last episode surely must have been signed, sealed and delivered ages before that.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:32 pm

BladeGunner wrote:

Alright then, it's just a coincidence that both series have come out after a Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes film. Where did Game of Shadows end? The Reichenbach Falls. What was the title of the final Sherlock episode? The Reichenbach Fall. I can't believe you haven't worked this out.

I don't think the series was intended to imitate the films. Game of Shadows was released in mid December, I believe. The script for the the last episode surely must have been signed, sealed and delivered ages before that.

It's possible to add scenes in, watch Eastenders during the World Cup or the European Championships, they splice in comments about the previous day's action.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:37 pm

BladeGunner wrote:

It's possible to add scenes in, watch Eastenders during the World Cup or the European Championships, they splice in comments about the previous day's action.

Not the same thing at all. They'd have to have added an entire scene at the end there, not just a couple of comments. And why is it in their best interest to copy Game of Shadows anyway? Surely they'd try to distance themselves as much as possible, especially when the release dates are as close as they are.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:41 pm

BladeGunner wrote:

Not the same thing at all. They'd have to have added an entire scene at the end there, not just a couple of comments. And why is it in their best interest to copy Game of Shadows anyway? Surely they'd try to distance themselves as much as possible, especially when the release dates are as close as they are.

Just watch Doctor Who, Moffat has no idea how to finish a story effectively. Why not just copy GoS and say 'Oh it is a coincidence'.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:43 pm

BladeGunner wrote:

Just watch Doctor Who, Moffat has no idea how to finish a story effectively. Why not just copy GoS and say 'Oh it is a coincidence'.

If you insist.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:50 am

I was watching it again today and im not sure if im just crazy but when they show Sherlock's dead body his eyes are more of a lighter blue.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:36 am

Link to watch the series?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:40 am

Spoiler:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Just watched them all. Fantastic show.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:15 am

Yea great show. What did everyone think of season 3? I was a bit disappointed with the explanation as they basically just threw out fan theories without committing to an actual explanation.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:17 am

I have only seen the first episode of season 3.  I really need to finish it and I do enjoy it, but committing to 90 minutes is tough.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:18 am

Sean wrote:What did everyone think of season 3?

Sherlock - Page 3 Jump_the_shark1
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:20 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:

Laughing

I know what you mean, it was very fan servicey
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:22 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:

You love that phrase, Rascal mf.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:24 am

Has anyone watched the American version, Elementary?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:25 am

Sean wrote:Has anyone watched the American version, Elementary?
    Nope.  Just checked the IMDB, and of course they made Watson a woman. rofl
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:27 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:

I don't use it that frequently, do I? shifty

@Sean, episode 2 was a fan service orgy. They kind of got it back along the right track in the third episode but the main story arc of the season had a ridiculously abrupt conclusion. Plus that "twist" at the very end really does not make any sense. Maybe they have a decent explanation but I don't think I can be bothered to wait until 2016 or whenever it is.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:28 am

Sean wrote:Has anyone watched the American version, Elementary?

I watched a couple of episodes. It's garbage. Jonny Lee Miller's a decent Holmes, though.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:29 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:

You've used it at least 4 times in your stints on here and EA.  You really need to calm it down.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:33 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Ra's al Ghul wrote:

You've used it at least 4 times in your stints on here and EA.  You really need to calm it down.

My posts have really jumped the shark, haven't they?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:34 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:

My posts have really jumped the shark, haven't they?
    It happens to everyone.  Just take a break and focus on what you are good at.

It only sticks out in my mind because it was one of the phrases that I would hear others say and just nod unknowingly at.  Thanks to your use of the term, I was able to Wikipedia it and introduce it into my vocabulary.  It is a top phrase.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:36 am

Ra's al Ghul wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:

@Sean, episode 2 was a fan service orgy. They kind of got it back along the right track in the third episode but the main story arc of the season had a ridiculously abrupt conclusion. Plus that "twist" at the very end really does not make any sense. Maybe they have a decent explanation but I don't think I can be bothered to wait until 2016 or whenever it is.

I guess I'll put this in a spoiler

Spoiler:
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:57 am

Sean wrote:Yea great show. What did everyone think of season 3? I was a bit disappointed with the explanation as they basically just threw out fan theories without committing to an actual explanation.
    I think the explanation Sherlock gives is the one they had originally planned. They kind of had him brush it off because they knew they weren't going to satisfy everyone after giving us two years to come up with theories.
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:42 am

I still think they should have killed him off, but the third season was really good. The ending, meh, they already went full retard with having Sherlock survive, if you didn't have a problem with that you can't really moan about the other one mastermind who is supposed to be his equal survive in equally implausible circumstances. Looking forward to the next season or episode or however the fuck they continue it, this show's Moriarty is a brilliant character.
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:47 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:I still think they should have killed him off, but the third season was really good.  The ending, meh, they already went full retard with having Sherlock survive, if you didn't have a problem with that you can't really moan about the other one mastermind who is supposed to be his equal survive in equally implausible circumstances.  Looking forward to the next season or episode or however the fuck they continue it, this show's Moriarty is a brilliant character.

I really hope they dont do something like it's Moriarty's twin or a body double they way they did with Sherlock
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:06 am

Sean wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:I still think they should have killed him off, but the third season was really good.  The ending, meh, they already went full retard with having Sherlock survive, if you didn't have a problem with that you can't really moan about the other one mastermind who is supposed to be his equal survive in equally implausible circumstances.  Looking forward to the next season or episode or however the fuck they continue it, this show's Moriarty is a brilliant character.

I really hope they dont do something like it's Moriarty's twin or a body double they way they did with Sherlock
    I don't believe it's actually him. I'm pretty sure it's someone else just using his face. IIRC it's just his voice over a still image with the mouth moving, right?
    Sean

Post by Sean Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:07 am

SBSP wrote:
    Sean wrote:

I don't believe it's actually him. I'm pretty sure it's someone else just using his face. IIRC it's just his voice over a still image with the mouth moving, right?

At the end of the credits you see him talk to the camera so it definitely is him, plus im pretty sure its confirmed Andrew Scott will be in the next season
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:09 am

Sean wrote:
    SBSP wrote:

At the end of the credits you see him talk to the camera so it definitely is him, plus im pretty sure its confirmed Andrew Scott will be in the next season
    I don't know if that's actually canon though. It looked like a little bit of fan service.
    Sean

Post by Sean Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:39 am

My desktop is on point.

Sherlock - Page 3 Sheeer10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:48 pm