Goodbye my friend. 2008-2013
    SBSP

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by SBSP on Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:50 pm

How was the finale?
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:07 pm

It was good. The best episode was still probably 'Ozymandias' (3rd to last) but the final episode had everything it needed. Wasn't OTT but rounded everything off well. I think a lot of stuff was implied, like we all knew what Walt was thinking at certain points.

Post by Keyser Söze on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Good ending, like Zzonked said they didn't go OTT and I think that's what they wanted. Probably the only way it could have ended without disappointing someone people.

I just wished they'd explained the Elliott, Gretchen and Walter love triangle/leave the company thing. That's what I thought they we're going to do after that TV interview from the last episode.
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Spoiler:
    Using the Grey Matter people to deliver money was genius. I think that was the only thing that no one really predicted. Everything else went to plan. I read a lot of predictions on reddit and some people had everything else dead on, ricin in the sweetener, nazi's dead, Walt takes responsibility and Jessie gets the chance to kill Walt but decides not to. I think that just shows it was the only way the series could end and tie everything up. Anything else might compromise all the story arcs.

He could have got out when he saw the guy buying meth equipment at the hardware store. That was a really key moment in the series cause that was when he realized he enjoyed it.

Post by Keyser Söze on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Using the Grey Matter people to deliver money was genius. I think that was the only thing that no one really predicted. Everything else went to plan. I read a lot of predictions on reddit and some people had everything else dead on, ricin in the sweetener, nazi's dead, Walt takes responsibility and Jessie gets the chance to kill Walt but decides not to. I think that just shows it was the only way the series could end and tie everything up. Anything else might compromise all the story arcs.

He could have got out when he saw the guy buying meth equipment at the hardware store. That was a really key moment in the series cause that was when he realized he enjoyed it.
    Spoiler:
    From a writers point of view it really was the only way to kill off Walter. Other options would have been, Jessie kills him- wouldn't fit in with the new non-killing Jessie that was born after the Gale murder .A family member kills him- Skyler is out of the question since she basically helped him, Marie is too underdeveloped a character to suddenly have such a massive part and Walt Jnr missed his moment during the Ozymandias part when he called the police, if he wanted to kill him he would have done it then. Cancer kills him- it would be too convenient if after 5 seasons he suddenly died of Cancer in the last episode after finishing his business.

But from a story point of view I don't think it makes 100% sense. Walt obviously planned everything, he planned on Jessie killing him but Jessie didn't want to kill. He obviously didn't plan on a stray bullet in the stomach so what would he have done if the bullet hadn't hit him ? Did Jessie only refuse to kill Walter because he knew he'd die anyway from the bullet ?
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:55 pm

Spoiler:

Walt didn't plan on Jessie killing him from the start. He thought they were partners and only when he saw him did he soften a little. I think Walt may have just planned on suicide. He nearly killed himself in the very first episode (the safety saved him), so he has the balls for it. Perhaps if Jessie hadn't been there he wouldn't have dived to the ground and would have let the bullets hit him too, but who knows. Dying seemed very much part of his plan though.

On a separate note, in hindsight I don't think it was ever really about the money. In the pilot his life is like a walking dream before he gets cancer and he tells Jessie his reason for cooking is because "I am awake". I remember a speech he gave about all living matter having a death sentence too, he was just aware of it. The admission in the last ep just goes to show that. Walter White is a really great character.

Post by Keyser Söze on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:46 pm

Zzonked wrote:
    Spoiler:

Walt didn't plan on Jessie killing him from the start. He thought they were partners and only when he saw him did he soften a little. I think Walt may have just planned on suicide. He nearly killed himself in the very first episode (the safety saved him), so he has the balls for it. Perhaps if Jessie hadn't been there he wouldn't have dived to the ground and would have let the bullets hit him too, but who knows. Dying seemed very much part of his plan though.

On a separate note, in hindsight I don't think it was ever really about the money. In the pilot his life is like a walking dream before he gets cancer and he tells Jessie his reason for cooking is because "I am awake". I remember a speech he gave about all living matter having a death sentence too, he was just aware of it. The admission in the last ep just goes to show that. Walter White is a really great character.
    Oh yeah, that makes sense.

I thought that was a brilliant touch, having Walter admit he did it for himself really made a lot of difference to his character. I also liked how they played it out with music at the end.
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:11 am

Don't know whether to be happy or cry.
    Bushido

Post by Bushido on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:59 am

So brilliant.

A lot of people are not too happy because it was predictable but as you guys have already touched on it couldn't have really went another way and I for one am glad it didn't.

Post by Keyser Söze on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:14 am

No pleasing some people. When you have so many people analysing every detail of such a popular show of course any outcome is going to be deemed 'predictable' unless you end up doing random stuff like Dexter and then you'll have people complaining about how it doesn't fit in the 5 seasons that preceded it.
    Bushido

Post by Bushido on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:19 am

Probably old but;

Post by Eternal Witcher on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:45 am

No complaints, things tied up about as well as they could.
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:55 am

That king on the chessboard is not trapped. It can easily get out of there.
    Mason19294828838822

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason19294828838822 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:40 am

*Stands and applauds for a very long fucking time*

Utterly magnificent and epic right up to the last fade to black. Superb, best ever series ever made and it's fucking ruined telly for me now cos nothing's even remotely as good.

:worthy:
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:06 am

Satisfying ending. Those last three episodes are some of the best TV I've ever witnessed.
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:17 am

Spoiler:
    The shootout-hundreds of bullets fired, Hank's upper body is the most exposed part.

Gets shot in the leg.

brb makes sense.

Kuled

Post by Kuled on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:09 am

The GOAT tv show.
    SBSP

Post by SBSP on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Just finished the whole thing in 10 days. Great acting, superb writing, and so many memorable scenes. Overall a magnificent show.
    SBSP

Post by SBSP on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:13 pm

El_indian wrote:That king on the chessboard is not trapped. It can easily get out of there.

The rest of those pictures weren't posted: http://imgur.com/a/TG2Bd

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:47 am