Luther

Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Re: Luther

Post by Glen Miller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:15 am

Agreed, episodes 3-6 were scintillating stuff.
    Mason19294828838822

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason19294828838822 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:31 am

The woman who plays Alice is a very good actor.
    SBSP

Post by SBSP on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:25 am

*actress

shifty
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:29 am

SBSP wrote:*actress

shifty
    This isn't the 19th century, SBSP, how are you even sure she identifies herself as a woman?  Rolling Eyes
    Mason19294828838822

Supports : Coventry City

Post by Mason19294828838822 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:22 am

Spoiler:

Pretty poor series two IMO. I just want to know who's idea it was to marginalize Alice? She was so effectively creepy in S1 and "young ward" was a weak replacement.

Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:59 am

Glen Miller wrote:Agreed, episodes 3-6 were scintillating stuff.

Finished the first season. So tense, man.
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Post by Stranger on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:45 am

Fox Developing Remake of BBC’s ‘Luther’ with Creator Neil Cross

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni58021674

Idris Elba isn't going to star in it.

Edit: The original show is coming back.
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:45 am

Just finished this, thought the third series was a bit weaker than the second. The first series was a bit schizophrenic, the first 3 episodes were piss but the next three were really good. In season two the double episode with the RPG freaks was absolutely exceptional.

Overall it's really good but it stretches credibility a little. The way that Luther's superior in season 1 episode 5 just agreed to let him take evidence from the locker with an "Oh you and your crazy ways!" look but otherwise no fucks given and the fact that he and Justin still had jobs after the events of that season's finale but their DSu didn't were a bit nonsensical to me. Their magical powers of phone tracking seem to change as the story demands as well.
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

I liked the fact that it was a bit OTT and unbelievable, Big Driis is cool enough to pull off the ridiculous scenes like where he douses himself in petrol before engaging with the criminal in the lorry.  I agree about how you ranked the episodes, I thought 5/6 in the 1st series was the highpoint.
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:11 am

Yeah, they were excellent. The whole fuel/lorry scene was intense as fuck. What did you think of Justin?

Spoiler:
    Personally I thought he got what was coming to him after what he did to that guy who killed the RIP troll. I'm not someone who is necessarily against winding people up on the internet but what that cunt was up to was a step too far. There are some circumstances where police should turn a blind eye, instead he went to great lengths to see that man jailed for the rest of his life.

If he was some kind of absolutist who always followed the law to its letter then fair enough, I could respect that, but he was happy to turn a blind eye when his mate was hanging a guy out of a tower block.
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 am

I have a soft spot for slightly pathetic but loyal characters (Samwise Gamgee is another) so I always liked him while also doubting and never really trusting him.  A bit of cognitive dissonance. 

I am a bit foggy RE the troll thing-is this right?

Spoiler:
    The slightly chubby guy whose daughter is killed, right?  He killed the troll.  Luther knows this and Ripley as well.  The chubby guy rips up his fingers in a blender.  Ripley is convinced that Luther told him to do this...does he tell Schenk or someone, is that what you are referring to?

I think, if I have it right, he became a weaker character in the third season.  I think I remember posting on here that I found his transformation a bit unbelievable-one second he's Luther's little puppet, then all of a sudden he tries to "become his own man" or however you want to put it.  I think that the show does tend to kill off the disloyal characters-Ian, Zoe, and now Ripley fall, while the less savoury but steadfastly loyal characters (Alice, Luther, even Mark North) live on.   My memory is a bit hazy, so I could be wrong, but that's my first stab at a point.
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:41 am

Spoiler:
    He chased down the medical waste team so that he could get his dismembered fingers out, have them reconstructed and use them to take the Dad down. Then he shat out when they asked him to spill about Luther only after getting a deal his own immunity. I'm not sure if he was just poorly written or the events he'd been through turned him into a completely self serving snake.
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller on Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Yep, that's right. Really need to rewatch the 2nd-3rd series. 

Spoiler:
    Did he have a romance with DS Grey as well?  Could that have played a role?
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Thought he was a pillow biter myself, although trying to prove himself to that ghastly bitch might explain a few of his actions.

Before I forget, he also

Spoiler:
    got that couple killed by walking into his boss' office and punching him in the face when he was trying to warn people about a killer psychopath who was coming for them and showed almost no contrition for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 am