Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
Glen Miller
El_indian
Dan
Forest
Juventino
Mr Durmmond
Ra's al Ghul
Grenade
Theo Filippo
hoggyboy
The Bat-Man
Gegilworld93
Kelloggg8
Cornholio
Sheppy
Jord
Keanoo
Sean
Pippo
luke.
Jayx1012
SBSP
Roloman4
ricky//habana
menalawyerguy
Cameron.
Jordi
Kuled
Cadbury
Childish Logic
mac
Weather130
Mustangt125
dena
Lux
Danny
40 posters

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Anonymous

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:15 pm

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 19 Screen11
    Anonymous

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 19 Empty Re: 2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:45 am

I wonder if Mustang still holds the same viewpoint of Libyans after what happened today and the past couple of days.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:34 am

http://dawn.com/2012/09/22/pakistan-minister-announces-100000-bounty-on-anti-islam-film-maker/

facepalmfacepalm
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:55 am

I hope he gets murdered (the guy offering the money). He could have done much more if he gave that money to help the poor people in his country.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:31 am

Religion = cause of all evil.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Jordo wrote:Religion = cause of all evil.

True. Not like America has funded dictators for political reasons. It's for god
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 am

ahlycotc wrote:I wonder if Mustang still holds the same viewpoint of Libyans after what happened today and the past couple of days.

Benghazi are ungrateful cunts.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 pm

2011 Africa & Middle East Protests/Revolutions - Page 19 Screen15
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:40 am

What are your thoughts on that?
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:47 am

The first 100 days are a terrible indication of anything for any leader, FDR is a really special case in a really special time, other leaders shouldnt be held to that standard.
    Ra's al Ghul
    Ra's al Ghul

Post by Ra's al Ghul Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:53 am

He's actually made some decent progress. It was always going to be borderline impossible to fix so many problems in 100 days after the country had been soaked in corruption for the past couple of decades. I say borderline because Batman proved that it isn't completely impossible in Batman Begins.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Yeah, judging a President after 100 days (especially in a case like Egypt's) is not fair. We should wait until he is done with his first term. Besides, I think he is doing the best he can, but of course a lot of Egyptians hate his guts and the Muslim Brotherhood. Some people even want him to fail.
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 am

Today Morsi usurped all state powers in Egypt.

So much for that democratic revolution. Electing the Muslim Brotherhood was always going to be trouble.

Obviously much will happen in the coming days and weeks, hope everything is okay.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Parasite. You should be banned for disgusting comments like this.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:Today Morsi usurped all state powers in Egypt.

So much for that democratic revolution. Electing the Muslim Brotherhood was always going to be trouble.

Obviously much will happen in the coming days and weeks, hope everything is okay.

He says it is only temporary but must be taken with a pinch of salt.

Protesters burn some MB offices and there are protesters in tahrir square yelling "get out"

Glen Damon wrote:
    Parasite. You should be banned for disgusting comments like this.

Ignore the foolish glen.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:Today Morsi usurped all state powers in Egypt.

His decision was actually necessary. The military sacked the parliament before Morsi took office and took away all his powers. He tried bringing the elected parliament back and he was denied by the military and the military back courts. The courts were also a joke when they gave out sentences and pardons to several people in cases involving murder during the revolution as well as corruption charges.

Morsi tried to be diplomatic the past months and get the country going. But the media and opposition made his life a living hell and people keep on blocking progress. Today, Morsi said "enough is enough". If you aren't with us, get out the way. I know it seems dictatorial, but if you were here you would know why this is important and a good sign. A few of my relatives don't like Morsi and voted for Shafik in the elections, but they are happy with Morsi's latest decision. They just want the country to be more secure and stable.

Besides, everything will go to normal when the constitution finally gets completed. New parliament elections will be held. Also, the young revolutionaries have always been asking for the judicial system to get sacked. Now that Morsi has responded to their request the complain about him gaining more power. When he doesn't do anything, they call him weak. There are obviously just people out there who want to see him fail no matter what, a bit like Republicans with Obama. I'm sure you can relate to them.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:18 pm

JamalsNews Important to bear in mind #Morsi never granted himself legislative power - was given to him coz Parliament was dissolved against will of #MB
    10 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

JamalsNews 4those making #Morsi #Mubarak comparisons Mubarak never acknowledged opposition, was nevr elected, never allowed for opposition demos #Egypt

JamalsNews #Morsi definitely does have opposition, but do bare in mind that #Tahrir isn't even full despite widespread calls &support of media #Egypt
    10 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:36 am

Protests in Tahrir today over Morsi's decision.

The streets were empty today. They should do this more often. Laughing
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 am

He totally played Obama for the fool that he is.

Says he's dedicated wholeheartedly to democracy, gets one billion US dollars worth of debt forgiven, and then consolidates power.

The secular military generals would be better in charge, and be better for Egypt.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Yes, Mustang. Tell us all about Egyptian politics since you are so knowledge about it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:42 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:He totally played Obama for the fool that he is.

Says he's dedicated wholeheartedly to democracy, gets one billion US dollars worth of debt forgiven, and then consolidates power.

The secular military generals would be better in charge, and be better for Egypt.

They had that for 60 years; it wasn't exactly the best moment in Egyptian history.

On Topic: I haven't been following this situation closely so I can't really pass judgment on this Mursi guy or the party he represents.

He doesn't represent the people who won't allow Copts and other religious minorities in high positions of power, right Ahly?
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:05 pm

ahlycotc wrote:Yes, Mustang. Tell us all about Egyptian politics since you are so knowledge about it.

How dare you! he is american!! he knows what you should be doing!
    Mustangt125
    Mustangt125

Post by Mustangt125 Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:30 am

Dont you guys see any irony in mocking me here? For the last year you foreigners sat there and told me how great Obama was and how he needed to be reelected and what was wrong with American politics. Can't have it both ways, tho you Dems usually do try to.

@Zibra: He represents the Muslim Brotherhood which are essentially extremist Muslims. Since the "Arab Spring" Coptic Christians have been persecuted, attacked, and killed without anything happening to the offenders.

The reason I said the military would be better is, AFAIK, the top generals were publicly secular and didn't rule by Musilm law.
    Childish Logic
    Childish Logic

Post by Childish Logic Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:32 am

Mustangt125 wrote:Dont you guys see any irony in mocking me here? For the last year you foreigners sat there and told me how great Obama was and how he needed to be reelected and what was wrong with American politics. Can't have it both ways, tho you Dems usually do try to.

American politics is more wide spread than Egypt politics. You'll find that most people in this world know about American politics while barely anyone will know enough about it and considering you think the MB are extremists shows you don't know much. So you can excuse ahly for rejecting your opinion.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:07 am

Zibra wrote:
    Mustangt125 wrote:He totally played Obama for the fool that he is.

They had that for 60 years; it wasn't exactly the best moment in Egyptian history.

On Topic: I haven't been following this situation closely so I can't really pass judgment on this Mursi guy or the party he represents.

He doesn't represent the people who won't allow Copts and other religious minorities in high positions of power, right Ahly?

No, Morsi personally wouldn't vote or employ a Christian in office because he doesn't believe they represent the majority of the population. But he has stated before that he would never pass a law that forbids Christians or anyone else from office.

Overall, Morsi and the MB have been trying to get the country rolling in the right direction. They sit down with opposition and try to reach agreements. But they have done a few mistakes along the way. The problem is the opposition and the media are constantly attacking him and his party and doing everything they can to stop their progress.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:21 am

@comment about Mursi

It's too bad, because I think that has detrimental effect on Egyptian unity. Essentially, it's just reinforcing religious faultlines. The goal should be coming together as Egyptians and trusting one another. One's particular road to God shouldn't be used against them in order to bar them from serving the people. Hopefully that changes over time.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:41 am

The thing is a couple of the Republican candidates this year said the same thing about Muslims. I bet Mustang had no problem with their opinions.

I see nothing wrong with Morsi's viewpoint, because it's probably true. A Christian will not become President anytime soon because he or she won't represent the majority of Egyptians.
    Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:09 am

I don't see why it's so far fetched to believe that a muslim country want a muslim leader.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:19 am

So I had an awkward and funny situation. My former college Arabic teacher who is so liberal and a feminist was constantly filling my wall with her posts. I brushed it off. Today, I decided to comment on one of her posts. She replied to me and I replied back. I was very civil about it and everything until one of her friends like my comments. Then she freaked out and attacked me and her friend. She said that we shouldn't post opposing views on her posts or her wall and she only wants to see viewpoints that agree with her and her friends views. She then deleted my comments and unfriended her friend that liked my comment. Finally, she made a status telling all her friends to not post opposing views on her wall or posts. ;rofl:

What a hypocrite. She promotes the expression of views, but only when it agrees with her views. She criticizes the Muslim Brotherhood of not listening to others, yet she does the same. I was totally shocked by her reaction. If I was still her student she would have probably failed me or kicked me out of class if I ever tried to speak out against her views in class.
    Yrael
    Yrael

Post by Yrael Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:56 am

ahlycotc wrote:So I had an awkward and funny situation. My former college Arabic teacher who is so liberal and a feminist was constantly filling my wall with her posts. I brushed it off. Today, I decided to comment on one of her posts. She replied to me and I replied back. I was very civil about it and everything until one of her friends like my comments. Then she freaked out and attacked me and her friend. She said that we shouldn't post opposing views on her posts or her wall and she only wants to see viewpoints that agree with her and her friends views. She then deleted my comments and unfriended her friend that liked my comment. Finally, she made a status telling all her friends to not post opposing views on her wall or posts. ;rofl:

What a hypocrite. She promotes the expression of views, but only when it agrees with her views. She criticizes the Muslim Brotherhood of not listening to others, yet she does the same. I was totally shocked by her reaction. If I was still her student she would have probably failed me or kicked me out of class if I ever tried to speak out against her views in class.

Not sure why this is relevant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:29 am