Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
YukiAbe1996
Theo Filippo
Stranger
The Zlatan
FCB
Glen Miller
ResurrectionRooney
11 posters

Liverpool FC Official Thread

Stranger
    Stranger

Supports : Barcelona, PSG, Bayern

Liverpool FC Official Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Official Thread

Post by Stranger Fri May 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Better than Götze and has Premier League experience
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Sat May 28, 2016 12:35 am

He'll cost an arm and a leg.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat May 28, 2016 1:06 am

A fair few people seem to have been rating him for a couple of seasons now but I don't see it personally. They point to the fact he's gotten 11 goals this season but until match day 31 he'd only scored 3 goals all season. Granted he does play on the wings but even then 7 assists isn't impressive enough.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat May 28, 2016 1:10 am

Stranger wrote:Better than Götze and has Premier League experience

rofl

He's inconsistent as fuck. Turned up against us though, typically.

Would rather we stayed away from him. Just use Ojo.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat May 28, 2016 1:11 am

Dahoud, however. Looks brilliant. Admittedly I am going off YouTube, but you can usually tell when a player is genuinely good.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat May 28, 2016 1:21 am

Can't wait until we get rid of Henderson and Lucas and just have a much more agile, technical midfield. Milner's done enough to at least have another season. Allen will probably go, but I really hope he stays.

Is Grujic good?

What about Matip? Compared to Sakho.

I really hope Klopp gives Markovic a solid chance.

Be interesting if we hold onto Balotelli too Laughing I've missed him on FIFA. Benteke doesn't cut it.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Stranger Sat May 28, 2016 1:26 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Dahoud, however. Looks brilliant. Admittedly I am going off YouTube, but you can usually tell when a player is genuinely good.

I watched a "Mane best skills HD" video and he was top class.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat May 28, 2016 1:32 am

Stranger wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:Dahoud, however. Looks brilliant. Admittedly I am going off YouTube, but you can usually tell when a player is genuinely good.

I watched a "Mane best skills HD" video and he was top class.

Not really. When you watch clips of him, he looks a bit rough round the edges. Technically not "smooth" on the ball if that makes sense. Dahoud looks to have "it".
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat May 28, 2016 1:33 am

Him and Xhaka have been brilliant together last season.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat May 28, 2016 3:32 am

What style of player is Dahoud? I'm just trying to think how Arsenal's midfield would be like because I've read that Xhaka is comparable to Xabi Alonso, but I get the impression Dahoud isn't really a defensive player so their partnership might be replicated in some way.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat May 28, 2016 3:53 am

There's quite a few YouTube videos of their partnership, iirc.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sat May 28, 2016 4:02 am

I think he's a box to box type player. Doesn't get a lot of goals but he's decent in the final 3rd, apparently. Sounds like Wilshere.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Sat May 28, 2016 4:47 am

It makes me think that Wenger is going to change the formation a bit next season.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun May 29, 2016 2:04 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Can't wait until we get rid of Henderson and Lucas and just have a much more agile, technical midfield. Milner's done enough to at least have another season. Allen will probably go, but I really hope he stays.
    Henderson is a sad case really.  It is kind of tragic that we signed a 20 million pound physical specimen and hoped that he would develop adequate technique in his 20s.  Now his body looks shot and he never recovered mentally from the red card against Manchester City.  Watching him for England yesterday was like watching the child that Dalglish signed all those years ago. Emre Can is really what we thought we had signed in Henderson-much higher technique and fantastic athletic qualities with a bit of ironing out required in his decision-making and positioning. 

I hope we keep Allen as well, he is pretty much a dream squad player and can play further forward or defensively in the center of midfield equally well. He might not settle for that and I wouldn't begrudge him if he went off to captain a team like Swansea.

I am kind of worried about Coutinho.  I don't think he has improved at all from last season and he was anonymous in the massive games against Villareal and Sevilla.  With Firmino likely to cement his role at #10, will he be satisfied with a role on the wing where he is less effective?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Sun May 29, 2016 5:29 am

Henderson reminds me of Ramsey a little. Had potential, was shit for a very long time, people wanted him out, had a great season and people loved him, got injured and finally went back to being shit but people are still pining for him to be good again.

Personally I despise both players. I think they were overhyped during their short good spells purely because they were British. Plenty of foreign players in the PL have equally as good purple patches yet everyone calls them for what they are.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun May 29, 2016 10:26 am

A fair comparison, although Ramsey's experiences (the highs and the lows) were more extreme.  Henderson only played a peripheral but useful role in the Suarez season, and he only gave us genuine hope when he scored 3/4 goals around March last season.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sun May 29, 2016 10:40 am

RR's Sakho comments looking a bit silly now
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:09 am

Is Hector an improvement over Moreno?

He appears to be Germany's first choice left back.
    Stranger
    Stranger

Post by Stranger Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:51 am

Scott_LFC wrote:Is Hector an improvement over Moreno?

He appears to be Germany's first choice left back.

Yes

Löw hasn't even called up the best fullbacks
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:57 am

Who are the best fullbacks?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:41 am

We keep getting linked to players I've never heard of. I'm now resigned to not signing anyone who's already a big name (or relatively big). Just gotta hope Klopp replicates what he did at Dortmund, in the sense that he kept signing unknowns who then became household names. 

It's a bit depressing though, considering I have to see the likes of Ibra go to United and Gundogan go to City, etc.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:50 am

Ibrahimović doesn't even remotely fit the profile of the types of players your board wants. Old and expensive. No room to develop, no longevity and no possibility to make/recoup money. Why would you want him? I'd have liked him at Arsenal but that's because he could have made a tangible difference, not the case with Liverpool.

Gundogan would have been good for you guys, I'm sure you made contact with him (like you did with Xhaka) and it was just a matter of him picking City.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:57 am

I don't necessarily mean Ibra and Gundogan, I just meant like, big names.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Scott_LFC wrote:I don't necessarily mean Ibra and Gundogan, I just meant like, big names.
    Have we really signed any big names since the early days of Benitez' time, though?  I think Torres is the last player we signed who had undoubted quality, a big reputation internationally, and no massive mental issues was coveted by other teams. We've certainly spent tons of money since then, but the only two whom I would consider to be close to big names were Suarez and Balotelli, and I don't need to explain why we were the ones who ended up with them ahead of better clubs.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm

I think you are forgetting the day we re-signed Robbie Fowler.

jk.

True, we probably haven't ever bought anyone who's "name" is on the level of Ibra. Mascherano was a pretty big coup, I think? I remember being shocked when he and Tevez went to West Ham.

Sturridge was a decent one too. Robbie Keane at the time, was probably a "big" signing. I always forget that he played for us. What about Cisse?

Either way, I think this summer is set to be one of the most underwhelming transfer windows yet for us, unless Matip, Karuis and Grujic do a Sami, Reina and Alonso. This Zielinski bloke doesn't even look that good on YouTube, which is saying something. Dahoud looked great but it looks like we aren't getting him. I seriously doubt we will pay the money Southampton are asking for Mane, either. I reckon Klopp is sticking with Moreno as the starting LB and will bring in Chilwell, who'll be on the bench (I'd have prefered Hector, but that's gone quiet too). 

If we sell Coutinho, then RIP Liverpool. I don't think we will, though.

Probable line-up for next season;

Karius, Moreno, Matip, Lovren, Clyne, Can, Zielinski, Henderson/Milner/Grujic, Coutinho/Lallana, Firmino, Sturridge/Origi

Meh.

I am pretty excited about Origi, though.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:39 am

You're complaining about a lack of big game signing yet listed Sturridge, Keane, Mascherano and Cisse as past examples? None of those were big names, in fact they're probably the same level of signings you'll make this summer and have been making for a number of years.

Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:13 am

I just said we hadn't bought any that were on the name level of Ibra. I was just pointing out our "bigger" signings in recent years. That's the 2nd post in a row you've misunderstood from me.I wasn't comparing them to elite players.

Keane, Mascherano and Sturridge were very known players, unlike, say, Grujic and Zielinski.

Signing Mane would be a Lallana type signing. Not a Robbie Keane.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:01 am

Where did I even mention Ibrahimović in my post? You're talking about "big" names and I'm saying none of those would have that tag attached to them. And I'm not talking specifically about the use of certain descriptive words/phrases. It's pretty obvious what a term like "big name" means and entails so let's not get held up with petty semantics.

Mascherano was known primarily because of the WC that year. If some obscure player had a good Euros now would you class them in that bracket of a big signing? Someone like Zielinski would actually fit that analogy.

Robbie Keane was the striker of a predominantly mid-table club. His goalscoring record in the two season prior to you signing him is pretty similar to Mane. I'd say the two would be in the same bracket. He's definitely at least on par with someone like Benteke but you haven't mentioned him as that type of signing. Robbie Keane just enjoyed more exposure from a celebrity/fame point of view because he was Irish.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:48 am

Well, I'm sorry, but Mascherano, Keane and Sturridge all felt like relatively big signings to me when they happened. Benteke didn't. Firmino did (forgot about him). Carroll didn't. Suarez did. Lallana didn't. Balotelli did.

That's just how I felt about these particular signings. I do apologise if it doesn't quite fit in with how you view it. To me, we aren't gonna replicate the feeling that Mascherano, Keane, Sturridge, Firmino, Balotelli gave me.

We certainly aren't gonna replicate how Torres felt.

Let alone someone as big as Ibra.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:15 pm

Our first few games rofl

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 am