Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Grenade
Keyser Söze
ResurrectionRooney
Zzonked
Glen Miller
The Zlatan
Theo Filippo
Scott_LFC
12 posters

Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.

Scott_LFC

Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  Empty Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:08 am

This is a long story but I will try and keep it short.

My friend John was dating a girl called Clara, until it came to light that Clara was actually still talking to her ex, called Lloyd, behind John's back. In the end, Clara decided to "choose" Lloyd.

In the midst of a few heated discussions, it also came to light that Clara and Lloyd had never actually met.

Lloyd is a very good looking male, judging by his social media pictures. John and I are now accusing him of being a catfish aka not the man in the pictures.

A lot of shit has gone on, messages being sent back and forth, etc and Lloyd has been attempting to prove he's real.

His proof is laughably fake.

Obviously edited passport photo:

Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  VeZP35W

Obviously edited mirror selfie (Lmao at the text being the right way round yet it's a mirror pic)

Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  QkOceiw

The problem is, despite how obvious it is that he's a fake. Clara refuses to believe it. We need to get irrefutable evidence that those pictures are not the real Lloyd and I am hoping the likes of Keyser or Vela can expose him for good. I'm hoping the passport info can help, but the best proof would be to find the REAL source of all his fake pictures. I'm having no luck so far.

His Twitter is @doyllwood (Plenty of pictures of him on there)

His Instagram is the same name, but private.

He deleted his Facebook immediately after adding John on it.

Willing to part with cash in exchange for some legit evidence.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi

Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  Empty Re: Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:21 am

That passport photo rofl
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  Empty Re: Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.

Post by The Zlatan Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:42 am

It's probably Leo.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:19 am

The background of the photo on the passport should not cover the little compass logo, first of all.

I reverse image searched a few of the pictures and nothing came up.  Do you know anything else about Lloyd?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:37 am

It's pretty impossible to track down someone like this.
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:39 am

He has snapchat.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:48 am

If she can't see he's a fake from those pictures then she's probably not a keeper anyway.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:51 am

What's the sponsor on his football shirt? Swen Play?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:42 am

Glen Miller wrote:The background of the photo on the passport should not cover the little compass logo, first of all.

I reverse image searched a few of the pictures and nothing came up.  Do you know anything else about Lloyd?

I know, plus the little birds are supposed to overlap the picture, but in this photoshopped version, the birds are behind the picture he's stuck over the top. It's so shockingly obviously photoshopped yet Clara won't "believe" it.

I know absolutely nothing about him, I'm afraid.

Keyser Söze wrote:It's pretty impossible to track down someone like this.

Sad I had high hopes that you'd figure something out.

Theo Filippo wrote:He has snapchat.

I know, I believe he never, ever sends selfies, etc, through Snapchat.

Zzonked wrote:If she can't see he's a fake from those pictures then she's probably not a keeper anyway.

At this point my friend is more concerned about her wellbeing. Plus the fact that me and him would both love to see Lloyd exposed, anyway. He's been keeping this up for 15 months with Clara. 15 fucking months. His Twitter goes back to 2012! Exposure would be delicious.

Can nothing be done with the passport details? They're most likely real.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:47 am

Where did he send those Clara pictures from?  Was it from that Twitter or something else?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:52 am

Glen Miller wrote:Where did he send those Clara pictures from?  Was it from that Twitter or something else?

His mobile phone. I have no idea where he's getting the pictures. Seriously, he's told so many lies. In the screenshots of his convos, he's clearly using an iPhone yet the pictures are taken with a non-iPhone. He claims to have several phones Rolling Eyes Also his excuse for not using FaceTime with Clara is because he has an older iPhone pre-iOS7 yet in the convo screenshot my friend showed me (a screenshot of a convo between Lloyd and Clara on Lloyd's phone) he's definitely using iOS7 and the screenshot size is that of an iPhone 5, which is perfectly capable of using FaceTime.

Just want the fucker exposed Laughing
    ResurrectionRooney
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

Post by ResurrectionRooney Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:53 am

Have you tried typing in his phone number on Facebook?
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:57 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:Where did he send those Clara pictures from?  Was it from that Twitter or something else?

His mobile phone. I have no idea where he's getting the pictures. Seriously, he's told so many lies. In the screenshots of his convos, he's clearly using an iPhone yet the pictures are taken with a non-iPhone. He claims to have several phones Rolling Eyes Also his excuse for not using FaceTime with Clara is because he has an older iPhone pre-iOS7 yet in the convo screenshot my friend showed me (a screenshot of a convo between Lloyd and Clara on Lloyd's phone) he's definitely using iOS7 and the screenshot size is that of an iPhone 5, which is perfectly capable of using FaceTime.

In that case he probably isn't running those twitter/instagram accounts and they are perfectly legitimate.  There is pretty much no chance that we can do anything unless, as RR said, you have the phone number.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:00 am

Glen Miller wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:

In that case he probably isn't running those twitter/instagram accounts and they are perfectly legitimate.  There is pretty much no chance that we can do anything unless, as RR said, you have the phone number.

They have the same name as his passport, though? Lloyd Wood. He is running those accounts. He messaged John via Instagram inbox too.

Just trying to get his number now.

Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:03 am

Anyone able to do anything with his number?
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:35 am

You've got a few problems here:

1) His name. We have no way of knowing if Lloyd Wood is his actual name. His name on the passport looks suspiciously clear in comparison to the rest of the passport information. And even if it is his real name it seems to be a pretty common name, unlike something like Scott Macdougall.

2)The pictures he's using. Either this guy he's pretending to be has a very low/under the radar presence of social media (which is very perfectly possible) or he's editing the picture. Just reverse Googling your current forum avatar gives me this forum and a GTA forum. Either way Google isn't coming back with anything from the pictures and I've tried most of them.

3)Lack of personal information. With you I knew your (real) name, location and even minor stuff like the team you support and music you like. Briefly Looking through his tweets he gives absolutely nothing away. Not even the name of his dog. And I saw a very early tweet where he said at 655 followers he didn't know any of them personally. He has 3-4 pictures of him with other people and he never states who the people are and even the favorites for the tweets aren't of the people themselves. So you can't trace him through them. Who does that? How can he be so active on twitter but have no real life friends on there?

Without soliciting more information from him it'll be impossible. Mighty be creepy but there are two girls he constantly tweets, could be an idea to ask them about him.

Like Zzonked said, everything here already is enough of an alarm bell to tell you this guy is fraud.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:44 am

He also has A LOT of young girls following him. And all he ever posts are pictures of him shirtless/showing off or of "cute" dogs. He's clearly trying to pander to a certain audience, not posting his life as most on twitter usually do. It's actually rather disturbing that he's been doing this for 3 years.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:47 am

The only thing I found with that number was this:

http://uk-community.com/uk-community.php?id=H939469

Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  7e1acb7daea8e8e182b2b28bee559b9b

That doesn't look like anything conclusive.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:51 am

Post all this info on 4chan. I've seen threads on there before where reverse image search doesn't work but then someone will do it some other way and never tell the secret how. As far as I can tell he's managed to get rid of the EXIF data on all of his photos by adding filters and then uploading them to places like imgur etc.

If Clara doesn't believe those pictures are photoshopped then tell her to look at passport photo regulations, that would never get accepted.

Does he say where he's from by any chance? Or is he sticking to what it says on the passport?

Last edited by The Zlatan on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Theo Filippo
    Theo Filippo

Post by Theo Filippo Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:56 am

I mean if he's never going to take a snapchat of himself to 'prove' that he's real then it's obvious it's some weird freak, I'm surprised this girl can't see that. This is a pretty strong catfish though reading Keyser's post Laughing Just post on Reddit/4chan or some other big forum.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:03 am

Scott_LFC wrote:
    Glen Miller wrote:

They have the same name as his passport, though? Lloyd Wood. He is running those accounts. He messaged John via Instagram inbox too.

Just trying to get his number now.

It's still possible that he is a freak running (only) the Instagram by taking images from the Twitter page. 

That's what I mean.  He doesn't need to run the Twitter account, he just says that he has the same name and hope that the Twitter user never posts anything personal.  If he does, then he just needs to adjust his story.  Either way, somebody is being dishonest.
    Keyser Söze
    Keyser Söze

Post by Keyser Söze Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:02 pm

But the instagram account has the same name as the twitter account. Surely someone would have stumbled upon one of them and told the real guy.

Can you find out where he lives?
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Lloyd told Clara ages ago that he lives in Cheltenham. The passport shows his place of birth as Cowley, which is also in Cheltenham.

According to my friend, there are more pictures of him on Instagram than Twitter. His Instagram also has no friends tagged, just lots of random females following him.
    Scott_LFC

Post by Scott_LFC Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:20 pm

John is going to make a thread on 4chan tonight, apparently. I will post the link when it's done.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:43 am

I searched the electoral roll and there is one Lloyd J Wood registered in Dagenham. That's very near Chelmsford so that could conceivably be him. Here's the summary of the listing:

Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  RIZMoxN

If you want more information you have to pay. It's up to you if you want to risk it, it may or may not be useful. The only information it gives you is 
    "Subjects Full Date of Birth, Death Record,
    Full Address, Resident from To, Telephone,
    email. Other Residents At Address including

any Telephone or Email data
    The site is: http://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:54 am

I think that website is legit, it's listed every address that I've ever been registered at when I searched. If there is a person called Lloyd Wood and they registered to vote that is the only one there is. It may be a past address, he may not be registered or he may not actually be that name but it proves one of those things anyway. Maybe ask her to ask him if he votes? If he has then he is 100% that person and I'm pretty sure he hasn't said he's 29. Also pretty sure he's been registered at that address since 2002.
    Zzonked
    Zzonked

Post by Zzonked Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:05 am

The Lloyd Wood I found is a football referee, here is his picture and an article about him refereeing a game vs Chelmsford Town. This could still be coincidence but if not then this is probably the guy. Next step is to try and find out where he's getting his pictures from. The football photos of the guy on twitter might be someone on a team that he has refereed or something? Might be worth browsing around the dagenham football pages to see if any team plays in those colours. I shall continue digging.

http://www.claretarmy.co.uk/ref-stars-in-defeat-to-fleet/
    Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  PixelSkilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  LiPyvyT

Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  Pixel
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Post by Glen Miller Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:24 am

https://www.facebook.com/lloyd.woood?lst=100003203510653%3A100002886827426%3A1441750926

There is the facebook page.  Nothing is public.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:37 am

It was Cheltenham Zzonked. But I just used that website you linked though and searched for people named Lloyd Wood in the South West, and 4 results came up, 3 are from Gloucestershire where Cheltenham is.

Skilled Internet Detective Needed To Catch A Catfish.  1x99l4R

I think he could be the green one.
    The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:44 am

The Lloyd Wood in Gloucester with the GL4 postcode is between the ages of 41-45 and lives with someone named Rachel Wood.

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/wood/lloyd/gl4/2190902707/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 pm