[ 1 ]
    16% [16%] 

Total Votes: 6
    ResurrectionRooney

Supports : United

UK General Election 2015

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:28 pm

May 7th is the big day.

I'm voting for Nicholas Clegg's Liberal Democrat party again.  They stopped University fess from being unlimited like the Conservatives wanted them to be and thanks to the tax reforms they brought in I'm getting £1500 a rebate next month. Can't argue with results like that.

Re: UK General Election 2015

Post by Keyser Söze on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:39 am

BNP for me. These Muslims need to get the fuck out of my country.
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:45 am

Keyser Söze wrote:BNP for me. These Muslims need to get the fuck out of my country.
    rofl

I can't vote anywhere, unfortunately.
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan on Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:42 am

I'm still undecided, none of them strongly appeal to me.

I think it'll end up being another coalition again with Labour and Conservatives.
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:56 am

The Zlatan wrote:I'm still undecided, none of them strongly appeal to me.

I think it'll end up being another coalition again with Labour and Conservatives.

Another coalition could well happen but a Labour/Tory coalition is pretty much impossible, they would rather be in opposition than in a coalition with each other. If there's no majority and neither can find a viable coalition partner then one of them will lead as a minority government with the support of smaller parties.
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:48 am

Didn't know that. I'd have thought that Labour/Conservatives would still relish the opportunity to be in power even if they are together as surely it's a foot in the door for either one?

How is it decided which one will lead if that scenario does come about anyway?

Post by Keyser Söze on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:55 am

The one with the most backing from the smaller parties.
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:21 am

The Zlatan wrote:Didn't know that. I'd have thought that Labour/Conservatives would still relish the opportunity to be in power even if they are together as surely it's a foot in the door for either one?

How is it decided which one will lead if that scenario does come about anyway?

They'd alienate a massive proportion of their supporters because they'd have to compromise so much and it'd cause a huge amount of disillusionment with the whole process if the two largest parties just come together and decide they're doing what they want - where is democracy without choice? If they're in opposition, especially to a minority government - which is weak as shit and very prone to collapse - they have a very public platform to fling shit at the government for their decisions the entire term of the parliament, if they're in coalition their senior figures have no platform because Cabinet members aren't allowed to disagree with the government's decisions unless they resign. Whoever was the third largest party - likely the Liberals - would inherit the position of the opposition, appoint a shadow cabinet and get to ask questions of a government that would have had to have compromised on every one of the pledges it fought the election on while the second largest party's leader sits their looking sheepish like Nick Clegg has had to for the last 5 years.

Some form of Tory/Labour agreement to scupper the nationalists' attempts to screw England is possible but a coalition is absolutely out of the question.

A minority government still needs to be able to command the confidence of parliament so they can get the really important shit through. The leader of whichever is able to get an agreement with enough members of parliament to form a majority will be the Prime Minister.
    The Zlatan

Post by The Zlatan on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:22 am

Okay, that's fair enough. I was expecting to see Ed Miliband become David Cameron's cuck.

Sean

Post by Sean on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:19 am

Whats your predictions for UKIP this election? Do you think the sheer number of 'protest' votes they'll get will lead to any real power?
    SBSP

Post by SBSP on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:34 pm

Hopefully not.
    Childish Logic

Formerly known as : NZG
    Supports : Lucas

Post by Childish Logic on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:31 pm

doesn't matter, UK is still fucked no matter who wins.

Sean

Post by Sean on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Childish Logic wrote:doesn't matter, UK is still fucked no matter who wins.

Significantly more fucked if UKIP have any power.
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Sean wrote:Whats your predictions for UKIP this election? Do you think the sheer number of 'protest' votes they'll get will lead to any real power?

No, they'll remain a lunatic fringe.  The best thing they could do to achieve their aims is disband as a party tomorrow and endorse the Conservatives, meaning the conservatives are more likely to get a majority and the country to get a referendum.  As things stand all they're going to do is split the vote and cost the Tories seats, mainly to Labour, meaning they won't get their referendum.  They'll get a few MPs but not enough to achieve anything.

Childish Logic wrote:doesn't matter, UK is still fucked no matter who wins.

We're not really, the important parties are too close together for us to be fucked in any real sense.  Regardless of what happens we'll still have one of the highest standards of living in the world, we'll still be one of the biggest economies, we'll still be a massive trading partner for the EU and US  We'll certainly be worse off if the conservatives win, take away our human rights and put our EU membership in jeapordy though.
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 am

Clegg is getting very desperate. On that Channel 4 show that stars a thalidomide person and doing a live interview where he gets asked how many women he's fucked, how many times he's wanted to slap David Cameron since going into coalition. I know the gimmick's that the presenter suffers a disability but I didn't realise they had to make the questions retarded as well.
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:02 pm

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    We're not really, the important parties are too close together for us to be fucked in any real sense.  Regardless of what happens we'll still have one of the highest standards of living in the world, we'll still be one of the biggest economies, we'll still be a massive trading partner for the EU and US  We'll certainly be worse off if the conservatives win, take away our human rights and put our EU membership in jeapordy though.
    Nobody has really brought up the human rights issue over here, given that Cameron has promised to draft a new Bill.  Are you just concerned that, with our understanding of modern technology and the fact that they can look back on hundreds of years of how democracy actually works, the Bill will written in such a way that it offers only a weak defense?
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Clegg is getting very desperate.  On that Channel 4 show that stars a thalidomide person and doing a live interview where he gets asked how many women he's fucked, how many times he's wanted to slap David Cameron since going into coalition.  I know the gimmick's that the presenter suffers a disability but I didn't realise they had to make the questions retarded as well.
    Hey, it was well-received, apparently.  To what/whom is "thalidomide" referring to?
    ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Glen Miller wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Nobody has really brought up the human rights issue over here, given that Cameron has promised to draft a new Bill.  Are you just concerned that, with our understanding of modern technology and the fact that they can look back on hundreds of years of how democracy actually works, the Bill will written in such a way that it offers only a weak defense?
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Clegg is getting very desperate.  On that Channel 4 show that stars a thalidomide person and doing a live interview where he gets asked how many women he's fucked, how many times he's wanted to slap David Cameron since going into coalition.  I know the gimmick's that the presenter suffers a disability but I didn't realise they had to make the questions retarded as well.
    Hey, it was well-received, apparently.  To what/whom is "thalidomide" referring to?

Yes, moving from infernationally recognised standards followed by all civilised countries in Europe to the rights that the leaders of the Conservative party think we should have is an absolutely horrible idea. It's disgusting to me that they can even threaten that without it being electoral suicide, imagine if a Presidential candidate said he wanted to work towards scrapping the Bill of Rights so he could write his own, he would be dismissed as a maniac.

I'm glad to hear it was well received, hopefully what he said about people voting sunk in. My generation gets fucked by the government in favour of the generations above because we can't be arsed with it.

Thalidomide was a drug years ago that pregnant women took to avoid morning sickness. Their babies came out deformed, a lot of them had tiny arms.

Post by Keyser Söze on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:18 pm

I think Glen knows what the drug thalidomide is, I think he meant who you referring to when you used that word.

Was it in reference to this guy?

ResurrectionRooney

Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:33 pm

Yes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:12 pm