Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
El_indian
Scott_LFC
Zzonked
SBSP
Glen Miller
Sean
ResurrectionRooney
11 posters

PlayStation 4 Vs. XBox One

The Zlatan
    The Zlatan

PlayStation 4 Vs. XBox One - Page 2 Empty Re: PlayStation 4 Vs. XBox One

Post by The Zlatan Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:45 pm

I have a Sony Xperia Z2, it's pretty good.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:51 am

Well one of the main things the Nexus has going for it is the price. I can do without some of the more gimmicky features since it's about half the price.
    FCB
    FCB

Post by FCB Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:24 am

ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    SBSP wrote:Are you talking about the Nexus? What features is it missing? I couldn't care less about expandable memory because I don't need it.

Depends what you're comparing it to, the various manufactures add their own wonderful features to phones.  Samsung's OS has multi-window, scrolling with your eyes, a screen that stays on when you're looking at it, a superior music player, a remote control that will work on any TV, a heart monitor and an ultra power saving mode to name a few.  HTC phones have the nicest clock widgets available.  Nexus phones have none of that, and they have almost nothing that you can't get on a Samsung phone.

Jordan Henderchip wrote:I have an S2

Do I need to upgrade?

Yes.

El_indian wrote:Well i prefer stock to the bloatware of other phones. Vanilla android is fantastic, and you can do anything you want with it. The Samsung OS is absolute garbage in my factual opinion. 

...Nothing "hipsterish" about it  Rolling Eyes

@HendoChip mf I lost my phone in Aotea Square.

@Logic - cool. what did you do there?

You can do anything you want with it?  Alright then, good luck getting multi-window working on stock android.  I have a Nexus 10 and there's so much shit on that that you can't do compared to even my S5, let alone proper Samsung tablets.  When you find out how to get all the wonderful features of the Samsung OS on stock android let me know.

I have a Samsung S4 and I turn off the motion gestures because they don't work well and I don't use them often. I also don't use the universal remote. Besides, you can add some of those extra features with third party apps and mods. Stock Android upgrades to the newest OS the fastest. It's smoother and has less bloatware than say Samsung's UI.

It's all about what you care for in a phone. If those extra options are what you want and use, then Samsung will be better for you. But if you want a cleaner version of Android for half the price, then Nexus is better.

------------

The Nexus 6 and 9 were released today. The hardware is better on the Nexus 6 than the Galaxy S5, but the deal breaker for me is the size of the screen (too large) and the price (no more steep discounts on the Nexus lines).
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:44 am

I wish they'd stop making phones so big. Dry Smile The 5 is right on the border of how large I want my phone to be.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:53 am

Yes so the new Nexus 6 is 6". This made my decision a lot easier. I always wanted the 5 anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 am