Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Share
    avatar
    dena
     
     

    Posts : 18688
    Age : 28
    Location : only place to find base heads and hot women

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by dena on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:36 am

    I can't believe Anderson still plays for you guys.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:33 am

    dena wrote:I can't believe Anderson still plays for you guys.

    Neither can I. Stealing a living, that cunt.
    avatar
    Scuba Steve
     
     

    Posts : 6682
    Age : 30

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Scuba Steve on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:03 am

    It's amazing that for how bad Fergie's transfer market nous faded in the past couple of years that he still had the man management ability to will those teams to titles. Because he's had some piss poor players contribute to teams that won the league.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:50 am

    Scuba Steve wrote:It's amazing that for how bad Fergie's transfer market nous faded in the past couple of years that he still had the man management ability to will those teams to titles. Because he's had some piss poor players contribute to teams that won the league.

    Nah, he just had the refs in his pocket. It's no coincidence that last season they had fuck all decisions going for them, yet previously, they always got a suspicious amount of dodgy decisions.

    Those 3 penalties we got at OT, for example, would never have happened under Fergie.
    avatar
    Theo Filippo
     
     

    Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi
    Posts : 21636
    Age : 23

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Theo Filippo on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:01 am

    Probably because you wouldn't have got in their box enough times to get chances at 3 penalty claims

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:12 am

    False. We constantly had penalty appeals turned down against United, whereas they got given incredibly soft ones.

    Liverpool/United games are often end to end, with both teams getting into each other's box on several occasions, so that theory is a load of crap.

    I'm not restricting it to just Liverpool games, either. They had a hell of a lot not go for them last season, whereas the exact same things would normally have gone for them under Fergie.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:15 am

    Scott_LFC wrote:False. We constantly had penalty appeals turned down against United, whereas they got given incredibly soft ones.

    Liverpool/United games are often end to end, with both teams getting into each other's box on several occasions, so that theory is a load of crap.

    You realise you've been awarded more penalties than anyone else in the history of the Premier League, don't you?

    No idea how you can bitch about referees after the season you've just had.



    Penalty? Nope.



    Penalty? Nope.



    Penalty? Definitely.

    It was after the last one that the agenda was exposed by Mourinho and your title challenge almost immediately crumbled.


    Last edited by ResurrectionRooney on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:17 am

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:
    Scott_LFC wrote:False. We constantly had penalty appeals turned down against United, whereas they got given incredibly soft ones.

    Liverpool/United games are often end to end, with both teams getting into each other's box on several occasions, so that theory is a load of crap.

    You realise you've been awarded more penalties than anyone else in the history of the Premier League, don't you?

    And? What's that got to do with anything? This is about dodgy decisions under Fergie which suddenly stopped the exact year he left.
    avatar
    Theo Filippo
     
     

    Formerly known as : Filippo Inzaghi
    Posts : 21636
    Age : 23

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Theo Filippo on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:19 am

    Scott_LFC wrote:False. We constantly had penalty appeals turned down against United, whereas they got given incredibly soft ones.

    Liverpool/United games are often end to end, with both teams getting into each other's box on several occasions, so that theory is a load of crap.

    I'm not restricting it to just Liverpool games, either. They had a hell of a lot not go for them last season, whereas the exact same things would normally have gone for them under Fergie.
    I can't recall any of these penalty appeals, maybe they are just the soft penalty appeals that Liverpool think they should be given.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:20 am

    Scott_LFC wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

    You realise you've been awarded more penalties than anyone else in the history of the Premier League, don't you?

    And? What's that got to do with anything? This is about dodgy decisions under Fergie which suddenly stopped the exact year he left.

    They stopped because we weren't getting into as good positions any more thanks to our wank manager sucking the life out of our players. Imagining it was because of some manipulation of the referees by Ferguson is total fantasy, indeed he was once knocked out of the FA Cup by Everton thanks largely to their manager's manipulation of referees, he was very skilled at it.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:21 am

    Decisions for United? "Oh, the best teams just make the most of their luck, it's nothing untoward."

    Decisions for Liverpool? "Conspiracy, I reckon."


    Last edited by Glen Miller on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:22 am

    We got lucky with Skrtel, but we also had quite a few clear penalties not given, like when Eto'o wiped out Suarez in the box when we were 2-1 down (a clear red card also wasn't given to Oscar in that game) and also, the absolute stone-waller against Arsenal in the FA Cup.

    So, we got some dodgy decisions go for and against us, which happens pretty much every season.

    Whereas I cannot think of a single occasion last season where United had a dodgy decision go for them. Not even one. It was ridiculous at times, and I remember people on RedCafe going mad about it, but it highlighted the influence Fergie had.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:29 am

    Scott_LFC wrote:We got lucky with Skrtel, but we also had quite a few clear penalties not given, like when Eto'o wiped out Suarez in the box when we were 2-1 down (a clear red card also wasn't given to Oscar in that game) and also, the absolute stone-waller against Arsenal in the FA Cup.

    So, we got some dodgy decisions go for and against us, which happens pretty much every season.

    Whereas I cannot think of a single occasion last season where United had a dodgy decision go for them. Not even one. It was ridiculous at times, but it highlighted the influence Fergie had.

    We got roughly as many as we got in any other season, the difference was that they weren't in positions where we could take advantage of them because we didn't dominate games as much and the ones we did get were less memorable because chances are we lost or drew the game anyway on account of how shite we were. When United are playing a team and get a dodgy decision and win 1-0 or 3-2, everyone speaks and speaks about it. When we get a dodgy decision and lose 2-1 or draw 1-1 with some shitehawks, it's not the biggest story so nobody cares, nobody remembers it 6 months year later in the summer when they're reviewing the season.

    As I remember it we got screwed by referees far more in 2011/12.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:30 am

    You didn't get any dodgy decisions, even in the games you lost.

    Care to point out some? Video proof too.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:32 am

    Scott_LFC wrote:You didn't get any dodgy decisions, even in the games you lost.

    Care to point out some? Video proof too.

    I don't recall any, and that's the point. They're not memorable. It doesn't mean they didn't happen.

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:48 am

    Whatever you say Laughing
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:41 pm

    Anderson excluded from the USA tour squad. Looks like it might be the end for him. Sad
    avatar
    Scuba Steve
     
     

    Posts : 6682
    Age : 30

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Scuba Steve on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:48 am

    Same with Bebe.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:58 am

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

    Says there won't be any signings for maybe 3 or 4 weeks as he assesses the players to see if they fit into his philosophy. 

    How can he say this when he's already spent over 60m to bring in two players?
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:14 am

    Turns out the useless lazy cunt Anderson is just injured as per usual.

    Glen Miller wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:

    Says there won't be any signings for maybe 3 or 4 weeks as he assesses the players to see if they fit into his philosophy. 

    How can he say this when he's already spent over 60m to bring in two players?

    He said that Shaw and Herrera were already on "the list" so he went for them. As I say, I reckon he's talking bollocks to avoid being hounded about transfers while he's in the United States. No way he waits until August 7th or August 14th before he decides whether he needs any more players, our first competitive game is on the 15th.
    avatar
    Glen Miller
     
     

    Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Posts : 7022
    Age : 21
    Location : PLAYMAKER
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Glen Miller on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:23 am

    Yeah, not a chance he pulls a Moyes. I can't stand that he's made United competent again.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:16 am

    "He is a very, very good coach. He'll be great for Manchester United. We are both great coaches. It's what we were born to do. Louis was the best coach in the World Cup and he is a good friend - really, a friend for life. I have deep respect for this man.

    He is in the best period of his career. With coaching, if you deal with winning and losing in the right way, you improve. He analyses every experience. He has got better and better.""

    Good to see Van Gaal getting a nice welcome from current managers.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:27 am

    .
    avatar
    Scuba Steve
     
     

    Posts : 6682
    Age : 30

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Scuba Steve on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:32 am

    Logo isn't as bad looking on that. Simple design too, me like.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:35 am

    Yeah, silver on white is a much better fit than Silver on Red.
    avatar
    vel
     
     

    Posts : 899
    Location : DAT

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by vel on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:59 pm

    I knew hyping Ander a year ago was a good thing
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:37 pm

    Even against retirement home opposition 7-0 with a weakened team is not to be sniffed at.

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Keyser Söze on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:49 pm

    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Even against retirement home opposition 7-0 with a weakened team is not to be sniffed at.
    What was weakened about your team? Just no RvP, right?

    Scott_LFC
     
     

    Posts : 3237

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Scott_LFC on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:03 am

    Keyser Söze wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Even against retirement home opposition 7-0 with a weakened team is not to be sniffed at.
    What was weakened about your team? Just no RvP, right?

    This.
    avatar
    ResurrectionRooney
     
     

    Posts : 17673
    Supports : United

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by ResurrectionRooney on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:20 am

    Keyser Söze wrote:
    ResurrectionRooney wrote:Even against retirement home opposition 7-0 with a weakened team is not to be sniffed at.
    What was weakened about your team? Just no RvP, right?
    Ashley Young played.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Manchester United FC Official Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:00 pm