Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Sean
SJH
Ra's al Ghul
vel
Theo Filippo
Keyser Söze
ResurrectionRooney
Jordan Henderchip
Trig
Eternal Witcher
Iscquin
Juvendinho
BigJ0526
dena
Scuba Steve
Phadunkin Donuts
Bye_Ya
SophisticatedBeggar
Jorlung
wellz
limerickcitykid
Forest
Cam
Muhkoo
Keanoo
Harrold
Bushido
fluffy_kittens
Weather130
The Maestro
VivaRonaldoLAD
Glen Miller
36 posters

Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread

Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:26 pm

He's not a DP either. As for the other Juninho in the league, apparently Sau Paulo want him back for their upcoming season. But that was the case after the 2011 season, and he went there and signed a new long term deal, and after a couple of games they decided to loan him out to LA again. So it's possible, and LA better hope it happens, that he ends up in MLS again next year.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Supports : TFC

Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread

Post by Jorlung Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:03 am

Makes me sad that teams have players that are not DPs, yet they are twice as good as any of our DPs.
    BigJ0526
    BigJ0526

Post by BigJ0526 Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:26 pm

So first kick was announced. Crew first home game, as usual is 3 weeks in Against San Jose. Full list:

WEEK 1

Saturday, March 2:

Philadelphia Union vs. Sporting Kansas City (PPL Park)
    FC Dallas vs. Colorado Rapids (FC Dallas Stadium)
    Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Toronto FC (BC Place)
    Houston Dynamo vs. D.C. United (BBVA Compass Stadium
    Seattle Sounders FC vs. Montreal Impact (CenturyLink Field
    Chivas USA vs. Columbus Crew (The Home Depot Center)

Sunday, March 3:

LA Galaxy vs. Chicago Fire (The Home Depot Center)
    Portland Timbers vs. New York Red Bulls (JELD-WEN Field)
    San Jose Earthquakes vs. Real Salt Lake (Buck Shaw Stadium)

WEEK 2

Saturday, March 9:

Toronto FC vs. Sporting Kansas City (TBD) rofl
    D.C. United vs. Real Salt Lake (RFK Stadium)
    Colorado Rapids vs. Philadelphia Union (Dick’s Sporting Goods Park)
    Chicago Fire vs. New England Revolution (Toyota Park)

WEEK 3

Saturday, March 16:

New York Red Bulls vs. D.C. United (Red Bull Arena)
    Sporting Kansas City vs. Chicago Fire (Livestrong Sporting Park)
    Real Salt Lake vs. Colorado Rapids (Rio Tinto Stadium)
    Montreal Impact vs. Toronto FC (Olympic Stadium)
    Columbus Crew vs. San Jose Earthquakes (Crew Stadium)

WEEK 4

Saturday, March 23:

New England Revolution vs. FC Dallas (Gillette Stadium)
    limerickcitykid
    limerickcitykid

Post by limerickcitykid Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Why is it TBD? What is wrong with BMO field?
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Heard that we are thinking of making an expansion, didn't think it would take place so soon though. But tbf we've been talking about this expansion for years.
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:23 pm

so happy the Union now have Le Toux back, as well as Casey and Parke
    wellz
    wellz

Supports : The Troops

Post by wellz Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:04 am

Not thrilled about the Juninho signing, another has been coming to the league. And I'm not just saying that cause its New York. I wouldn't be happy if it were la either

37 fucking years old. It's a pay check to him that's it
    fluffy_kittens
    fluffy_kittens

Post by fluffy_kittens Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:45 am

Cudicini to La Galaxy talks
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:02 am

wellz wrote:Not thrilled about the Juninho signing, another has been coming to the league. And I'm not just saying that cause its New York. I wouldn't be happy if it were la either

37 fucking years old. It's a pay check to him that's it

Laughing Juninho was one of the best midfielders in Brazil this season.
    wellz
    wellz

Post by wellz Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:24 am

It doesn't help the MLS' image to bring in another 35+ year old DP
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:47 am

He's not a DP
    wellz
    wellz

Post by wellz Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:02 pm

Good
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Rumor is that Kevin Harbottle is headed to the Colorado Rapids. He was frozen out of Universidad Catolica for the Apertura if my memory serves me well. He's a very promising striker.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:35 pm

We won the Gale Agbossoumonde lottery. No clue about this guy, from what I've read apparently he is a bright prospect but has been terribly inconsistent, even in the NASL.
    BigJ0526
    BigJ0526

Post by BigJ0526 Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Trade him to us. Never gone wrong for you before............
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Major League Soccer (MLS) Thread - Page 7 Raulfernandez

FC Dallas have signed Peruvian national team goalkeeper Raúl Fernández, the club announced on Thursday. Per team and league policy the terms of the deal will not be disclosed.

“Raúl Fernández is a very athletic goalkeeper who has gained a lot of experience playing internationally with Peru,” FC Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman said in a statement. “He has a strong command of the box and will compete for the starting position with FC Dallas. He is an extremely motivated individual. I expect he will embrace this opportunity.”

Fernández, 27, got his start in the youth system of Universitario de Deportes of the Peruvian first division. He made his professional debut with the club in a 1-1 draw with Union Huaral on July 31, 2005. Fernández went go on to play in 143 matches for Universitario between his debut and 2010. Universitario are regarded as the top club in Peru.

He was signed by OGC Nice of the French first division in December of 2010. The 6-foot-1 goalkeeper appeared in two matches for the four-time French Ligue 1 champions since his debut on Aug. 31, 2011. Fernández backstopped Nice in a 2-1 victory over Toulouse in the third round of Coupe de la Ligue.

A native of Lima, Peru, Fernández has earned 21 international caps with the Peruvian national team since March 26, 2008.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:18 am

Sky reporting that Celtic is closing in on Agudelo
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:08 am

So ridiculous. I mean yeah, he needs to get out of Chivas, but he won't play at Celtic, and even if he did it would t be good for his development.
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:55 am

Freddy Adu Jr.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:57 am

Jorlung wrote:Freddy Adu Jr.

Wouldn't call him that, it's so disappointing to see our young guys just consistently not make it.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:47 am

Stuart Holden is in Bolton's squad for the FA Cup game against Sunderland.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:05 pm

http://www.mlssoccer.com/es/news/article/2013/01/14/%E2%80%9Cel-chel%C3%ADs%E2%80%9D-quiere-carlos-%C3%A1lvarez-en-el-superdraft

I never mentioned how glad I am that I have this guy practically in my backyard.

He called someone a guey. He's kinda my hero. Wanted him to be Guadalajara's manager.
    Bye_Ya
    Bye_Ya

Post by Bye_Ya Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 pm

What's a guey? shifty
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:45 pm

Güey (vulgar)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Güey (usually misspelled as guey, wey or we; pronounced like the English word 'way') is a word in Mexican Spanish which is commonly used to refer to any person without using his name and applies equally to males and females (though it is more often applied to males). It is used in Mexican Spanish in roughly the same way "dude" is used in modern American English.[1] It is derived from the term buey, which refers to a castrated bull (an ox), used for meat, sacrifice, and/or labor (e.g. pulling plows and carts). Over time, the initial /b/ underwent a consonant mutation to a /g/, resulting in the modern güey. In Mexico this same word is used like an insult (can be a negative term like "fool" ), although, due to its extremely high frequency of use in a multitude of contexts, it has lost much of its offensive character, becoming a colloquialism.[2]

According to the Academia Mexicana de la Lengua (Mexican Academy of Language), güey is a deformation of "buey" (from Lat. bos, bovis). However, a common trend in Mexican Spanish is for simple words to become very complex terms that change meaning depending on context. Güey may mean stupid, friend, enemy, asshole, deranged, courageous, and a host of terms that are inconsistent most of the time. It can be used as derogatory or superlative.

The Real Academia Española (Royal Spanish Academy) recognizes the term "buey" as a Mexican Spanish adjective to describe a fool or someone who has tripped. When used as an insult, in the uneducated lexicon, "buey" is a bull's-linguistic deviation (from Lat. bos, bovis).[3]
    Use

It is common to use both meanings of the term interchangeably:

To denote stupidity or ignorance, in expressions like "¡Qué güey soy, se me olvidó el celular!" (I'm such an idiot, I forgot my (cell) phone!) Or "¡No seas güey!'" (Don't be an idiot!).
    Cut the word to say "güe"/"we". Like "¡No güe! ¡Estoy en el teléfono!" (No dude/asshole! I'm on the phone!).
    To refer to the same person you are talking about like "No güey, no pude ir." (No dude, I couldn't go).
    To refer to a person whose name is unknown like "¿Qué no es tu hermano aquél güey de camisa roja?" (Isn't the dude with the red shirt your brother?)

In the first case, it is used like the English profanity, "asshole". In the last two cases, it is used like the American slang term, "dude".

Although the word is not always offensive nor an insult between friends, its usage is generally considered uneducated. Thus its usage is limited mostly to friends and trusted acquaintances or among young people. It is considered in poor taste for a teenager or a child to refer to an adult as (a) "güey," although among adults it is usually used in a common way. The word is used in any social class, being equally accepted and used in all. It also is used in television and radio in popular entertainment, but not in more formal or objective programs, like in the news.

/copypasta

You know, never thought about how complicated it would be to explain the concept of "guey" to someone.

I like the bolded part. The same holds true for words like, "cabron" and "perro"

Cabron is literally a billy goat but it can mean anything from someone who fucks their mother to some one who is fucking awesome.

Perro is literally dog, and usually being called a dog would be an insult but it can also mean you're fucking awesome.

Actually, they're sometimes used together I guess, just the other day my cousin exclaimed "eres un perro, cabron." when I fixed his laptop.

Good stuff.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:31 am

The draft is today, does anyone care?
    Jorlung
    Jorlung

Post by Jorlung Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:15 am

TFC picks two Canadians for their first two picks. Payne sold out 1st overall to get the 4th overall and allocation money. We got the players we wanted in the first place so it all worked out.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Lamps to LA is apparently a done deal (yeah, yeah Goal.com). Joins in June.
    Glen Miller
    Glen Miller

Formerly known as : Glen Damon
    Supports : PLAYMAKER

Post by Glen Miller Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Lampard will be unbelievable over here, he will easily score 20+ goals if he settles quickly.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:23 pm

If Henry can't drop 20 Lamps certainly won't.
    Scuba Steve
    Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:32 pm

Luciano Emilio could do something as outrageous as scoring 20 goals in his first season. But Lampard would be unlikely to repeat that performance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:16 pm