Far Cry 3

    Share
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:38 am

    Just arrived. Single player meant to be really good, don't bother with the multiplayer. And it has Co-op, GOTY contender.
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Bushido on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:42 am

    Eternal Witcher wrote:Just arrived. Single player meant to be really good, don't bother with the multiplayer. And it has Co-op, GOTY contender.

    I was planning on getting this game but have been entirely put off by the lame slapped on co-op mode. It's only 6 missions in a closed off part of the island were it would of been amazing to have free roam co-op.

    GOTY will be between Hitman/Halo/BO2 and AC3.

    Barton
     
     

    Formerly known as : JMB_94
    Posts : 10066
    Age : 23

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Barton on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:08 am

    I had Far Cry 2 a few years ago and thought it was pretty poor. Single player was frustrating and repetitive whilst multiplayer was average...the map maker tool was the only redeeming thing about it for me

    Update us on what you think of it
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:49 am

    Looking good so far, nice premise, playing on hard because I figured being alone in the jungle should be challenging.
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Bushido on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:50 am

    Eternal Witcher wrote:Looking good so far, nice premise, playing on hard because I figured being alone in the jungle should be challenging.

    Maybe you can change my mind on the game. Hopefully the free roam has things to find, secret places. Far Cry 2 just seemed free roam to the point of finding more enemies to kill and nothing more.
    avatar
    CollieBuddz
     
     

    Posts : 3473
    Age : 26

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by CollieBuddz on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:28 am

    Yeah I couldn't get into Far Cry 2, sent it back after playing for an hour.

    This looks good though. I'll have it on monday.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:37 am

    Visually stunning as you could imagine, Far Cry 2 was a bit too yellow. Got great reviews, but apparently multiplayer is a disappointment. Haven't gone exploring yet, so can't say yet if there's much beyond killing bandits and hunting wildlife.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:20 am

    Think I'll wrap up my little marathon now. Driving in a quad bike is the pretty darn great, and I do like the combat so far. Also: Komodo dragons, hang gliding.

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Kuled on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:54 am

    first 5 seconds at E3 had boobs not worthy
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Bushido on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:46 am

    Did you get lost Witcher?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:03 am

    I want this game. oh god why
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Bushido on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:08 am

    kyro7 wrote:I want this game. oh god why

    Same. My mate Stu has it and said it's actually pretty great. Apparently playing it on Warrior (hardest difficulty) and meeting a Tiger in the jungle is an interesting experience.

    About to start on Warrior now. OMG
    avatar
    Mouse
     
     

    Posts : 17009
    Age : 21
    Location : Cymru
    Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Mouse on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:55 am

    Getting this for Christmas, really excited. It's had brilliant reviews and they seem to have learnt from their mistakes with FC2.
    avatar
    Novi
     
     

    Posts : 1722
    Supports : Arsenal

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Novi on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:10 am

    Far Cry 2 was shocking. Laughing

    This looks good though.

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 am

    Flamethrower just sent this to new level of awesome. Loving the main quest missions so far. Must say at this rate I'll put it in my top five games.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:16 am

    Bushido wrote:
    kyro7 wrote:I want this game. oh god why

    Same. My mate Stu has it and said it's actually pretty great. Apparently playing it on Warrior (hardest difficulty) and meeting a Tiger in the jungle is an interesting experience.

    About to start on Warrior now. OMG
    Isn't that hard when you got ammo really, dispatched a Sumatran tiger just before it pounced. Try hunting a black panther with a bow and arrow though.

    One of the more interesting moments though...crossing a river and BAM...a crocodile is holding me by the leg.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:20 am

    Faults so far: AC style mapping areas with viewpoints, but it is a pain to get to the top of these places. That's all, it's been epic otherwise. Definitely go with Warrior difficulty.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:22 am

    Wildlife is a massive plus point, so much variety and necessity to take notice of the creatures.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:07 am

    Eternal Witcher wrote:Faults so far: AC style mapping areas with viewpoints, but it is a pain to get to the top of these places. That's all, it's been epic otherwise. Definitely go with Warrior difficulty.
    Is that the hardest? oh god why
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:15 am

    For those of you who think it looks good, I take it you're talking about solo?

    Multiplayer looks shit.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:27 am

    kyro7 wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:Faults so far: AC style mapping areas with viewpoints, but it is a pain to get to the top of these places. That's all, it's been epic otherwise. Definitely go with Warrior difficulty.
    Is that the hardest? oh god why
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:44 am

    Templeton7|RFC wrote:For those of you who think it looks good, I take it you're talking about solo?

    Multiplayer looks shit.
    All the best games are about dat offline anyway, MGS4 and Uncharted onlines were sooooooo shite, but for me the best games I've ever played. Me gusta

    Kuled
     
     

    Posts : 55235
    Age : 21

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Kuled on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 am

    kyro7 wrote:
    Templeton7|RFC wrote:For those of you who think it looks good, I take it you're talking about solo?

    Multiplayer looks shit.
    All the best games are about dat offline anyway, MGS4 and Uncharted onlines were sooooooo shite, but for me the best games I've ever played. Me gusta
    This is how games should be. Fuck online.
    avatar
    El Jefe
     
     

    Formerly known as : Jay
    Posts : 10657
    Location : In the hall, already, on the wall, already
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by El Jefe on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:48 am

    What type of game is this? Never played any of them.
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Bushido on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:23 am

    El Jefe wrote:What type of game is this? Never played any of them.

    Free Roam/Shooter. Think Fallout with a lot less interaction to NPCs.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:25 am

    Skyrim with guns.
    avatar
    Bushido
     
     

    Posts : 4577

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Bushido on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:58 am

    Eternal Witcher wrote:Skyrim with guns.

    So. Fallout?
    avatar
    Mouse
     
     

    Posts : 17009
    Age : 21
    Location : Cymru
    Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Mouse on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:28 am

    Templeton7|RFC wrote:For those of you who think it looks good, I take it you're talking about solo?

    Multiplayer looks shit.
    Considering the campaign is the driving force behind the game I don't care if the multiplayer is shit.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Guest on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:41 am

    Bushido wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:Skyrim with guns.

    So. Fallout?
    Yep.
    avatar
    Childish Logic
     
     

    Formerly known as : NZG
    Posts : 13744
    Age : 24
    Supports : Lucas

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Childish Logic on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:05 pm

    Gonna pick it up soonish

    Sponsored content

    Re: Far Cry 3

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:20 am