Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Share
    avatar
    Mouse
     
     

    Posts : 17009
    Age : 21
    Location : Cymru
    Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Mouse on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:24 am

    Just watched Fight Club again, mirin' Brad Pitt. Might put him up on the wall in the garage, no homo.



    avatar
    Novi
     
     

    Posts : 1724
    Supports : Arsenal

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Novi on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:51 am

    I've been tempted to by a poster like that for a while now. Fight Club is what made me want to get into body building. Laughing

    I was all over the place doing my chest today. Kept switching weights on the bench press.
    avatar
    El_indian
     
     

    Posts : 8448
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : funny

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by El_indian on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:18 am

    If you workout in the morning do you eat breakfast before or after?
    avatar
    Cam
     
     

    Posts : 9668
    Age : 22
    Location : Shrewsbury
    Supports : Liverpool Football Club

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Cam on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:21 am

    During.
    avatar
    El_indian
     
     

    Posts : 8448
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : funny

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by El_indian on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:31 am

    hey man im a newbie
    avatar
    Jordan Henderchip
     
     

    Posts : 10329
    Age : 23
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : FS #41

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Jordan Henderchip on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 am

    El you phaggot, you got credit yet brah
    avatar
    El_indian
     
     

    Posts : 8448
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : funny

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by El_indian on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:40 am

    Yeah but stop texting me gay shit like "COME AT ME PHAGGOT"
    avatar
    Jordan Henderchip
     
     

    Posts : 10329
    Age : 23
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : FS #41

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Jordan Henderchip on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:41 am

    El_indian wrote:Yeah but stop texting me gay shit like "COME AT ME PHAGGOT"

    well you never fucking replied Neutral
    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Zzonked on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 am

    El_indian wrote:If you workout in the morning do you eat breakfast before or after?

    Before usually. I get up, make porridge with protein powder, piece of toast with jam for a bit of sugar, then go the gym like an hour later.
    avatar
    Jordan Henderchip
     
     

    Posts : 10329
    Age : 23
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : FS #41

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Jordan Henderchip on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:58 am

    this morning for breakfast I had a salami sandwich
    avatar
    Ham.
     
     

    Posts : 2177
    Age : 22
    Location : Edinburgh

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Ham. on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:59 am

    What are good things to eat at night bar cottage cheese and yogurt. Always seem to get hungry about 9/10.
    avatar
    Jordan Henderchip
     
     

    Posts : 10329
    Age : 23
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : FS #41

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Jordan Henderchip on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:02 am

    Ham. wrote:What are good things to eat at night bar cottage cheese and yogurt. Always seem to get hungry about 9/10.

    this
    avatar
    El_indian
     
     

    Posts : 8448
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : funny

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by El_indian on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:54 am

    this kid was in my class:



    good guy
    avatar
    Jordan Henderchip
     
     

    Posts : 10329
    Age : 23
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : FS #41

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Jordan Henderchip on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:50 pm

    shame he has a fucked up head
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Guest on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:57 pm

    Brad Pitt hardly had to lift for Fight Club.

    Zyzz had the aesthetics to crave.
    avatar
    Jordan Henderchip
     
     

    Posts : 10329
    Age : 23
    Location : New Zealand
    Supports : FS #41

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Jordan Henderchip on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:00 pm

    Chris wrote:Brad Pitt hardly had to lift for Fight Club.

    Zyzz had the aesthetics to crave.

    Zyzz my hero
    avatar
    Mouse
     
     

    Posts : 17009
    Age : 21
    Location : Cymru
    Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Mouse on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:09 pm

    Chris wrote:Brad Pitt hardly had to lift for Fight Club.

    Zyzz had the aesthetics to crave.
    I read somewhere he just had to do lots of repition on low weights for all that toning.
    avatar
    Forest
     
     

    Posts : 4380
    Age : 23

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Forest on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 am

    Hello mf's. I have reached the point in life where I am fed up with my unhealthy lifestyle. Starting from tomorrow I plan to go to the gym everyday until Christmas, and begin a healthy diet.

    I don't know exactly what I should do though. I want a toned body. My future aim is to have a visible V muscle.

    What sort of foods can I eat for breakfast and lunch? For breakfast I'm thinking toast, but there's probably other/better things. For lunch I was thinking of making pasta, chicken and mayo most days and taking it to college with me.

    At night time I was planning on eating meat with rice.

    I am going to be very strict on this. I want a perfect body by July next year, so I'm giiving myself decent time this year around. I want to look as Reem as possible in Napa.

    Pls can you post suggestions of foods I should be eating. I will also have 2 protein shakes a day. Also, how often should I have a 'treat' day? Once a week or once every 10 days?


    Now, onto the gym. I plan to do muscle work 5 days a week and focus on a certain area each day. If anyone could give me a beginners 5 day programme that would be appreciated.

    I will be going to the gym everyday to do cardio too. How many minutes should I spend doing this? I was thinking 30 minutes cardio a day?
    avatar
    Forest
     
     

    Posts : 4380
    Age : 23

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Forest on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 am

    Also, would you recommend stuff like createne and fat burners?
    avatar
    Forest
     
     

    Posts : 4380
    Age : 23

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Forest on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:07 am

    Anyone?
    avatar
    Ham.
     
     

    Posts : 2177
    Age : 22
    Location : Edinburgh

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Ham. on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:18 am

    I'm probably not the best to answer this but here goes. For breakfast I usually have porridge, you could add a scoop of whey too that, or poached/scrambled eggs on wm toast. For lunch I have recently been buying a pack of chicken breast pieces and putting it on a baguette. For tea I normally have some meat(steak, chicken, gammon steaks, lean mince) with rice/pasta. You could also add a sauce so it's not as bland.

    Pretty sure Chris posted a beginners workout he made for Novi a couple of pages back. Smile

    Jayx1012
     
     

    Posts : 397
    Age : 104

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Jayx1012 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:45 am

    Gym was so full today that I couldn't go on anything so I had to swim for 40 minutes first, bit shit.
    avatar
    Novi
     
     

    Posts : 1724
    Supports : Arsenal

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Novi on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:54 am

    I love going to the gym late in the evenings now. Only me and one other person in there usually.

    Cycling there and back in the dark is a bit spooky at times.

    Started taking my shake with water now.
    avatar
    El Jefe
     
     

    Formerly known as : Jay
    Posts : 10657
    Location : In the hall, already, on the wall, already
    Supports : Pixie Lott's Legs

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by El Jefe on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:09 am

    This isn't exactly anything to do with weight training or fitness but its about my body so I thought this would be the best place to ask, my lower back is arched, like really arched. I stand against a wall and only my upper back and bum touch it, if I want my lower back to touch it I have to stand at some weird angle.

    Also you know that thing people do where they raise their legs off the ground when lying down and hold it for as long as possible? I can't do that because it puts awful pain on my lower back and just above my anoos.

    I know you might be thinking why are these things important, but having a really arched back seems to make my stomach stick out more, I'm not fat or anything, in fact I could do with putting on weight, but when I stand up if someone looks at me from the side I probably look like I've got a bit of a gut, not a good look when my arms and shoulders etc aren't the biggest.

    My question is what should I do about it? I'm guessing I shouldn't do anything at all, I'm only 15 pushing on 16 so if its something I'll grow out of then there's still time for that, also would this stop me from being as tall as I could be because my spine isn't that straight?
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Guest on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:35 pm

    Jay firstly.. go to your doctor and get it examined.

    Secondly, if most people stand against a wall only the upper back and butt touch it. Look at this side shot of Arnie, his lower back would get nowhere near the wall.

    avatar
    Bye_Ya
     
     

    Posts : 2688

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Bye_Ya on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 pm

    Yeah, that sounds like a normal arching back, but if you are really worried about it, or have pain, then I would get it checked out now, since back problems that linger can really mess you up later on in life.

    Jayx1012
     
     

    Posts : 397
    Age : 104

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Jayx1012 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 pm

    Jay wrote:This isn't exactly anything to do with weight training or fitness but its about my body so I thought this would be the best place to ask, my lower back is arched, like really arched. I stand against a wall and only my upper back and bum touch it, if I want my lower back to touch it I have to stand at some weird angle.

    Also you know that thing people do where they raise their legs off the ground when lying down and hold it for as long as possible? I can't do that because it puts awful pain on my lower back and just above my anoos.

    I know you might be thinking why are these things important, but having a really arched back seems to make my stomach stick out more, I'm not fat or anything, in fact I could do with putting on weight, but when I stand up if someone looks at me from the side I probably look like I've got a bit of a gut, not a good look when my arms and shoulders etc aren't the biggest.

    My question is what should I do about it? I'm guessing I shouldn't do anything at all, I'm only 15 pushing on 16 so if its something I'll grow out of then there's still time for that, also would this stop me from being as tall as I could be because my spine isn't that straight?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis
    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Zzonked on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 pm

    ForestLAD wrote:Hello mf's. I have reached the point in life where I am fed up with my unhealthy lifestyle. Starting from tomorrow I plan to go to the gym everyday until Christmas, and begin a healthy diet.

    I don't know exactly what I should do though. I want a toned body. My future aim is to have a visible V muscle.

    What sort of foods can I eat for breakfast and lunch? For breakfast I'm thinking toast, but there's probably other/better things. For lunch I was thinking of making pasta, chicken and mayo most days and taking it to college with me.

    At night time I was planning on eating meat with rice.

    I am going to be very strict on this. I want a perfect body by July next year, so I'm giiving myself decent time this year around. I want to look as Reem as possible in Napa.

    Pls can you post suggestions of foods I should be eating. I will also have 2 protein shakes a day. Also, how often should I have a 'treat' day? Once a week or once every 10 days?


    Now, onto the gym. I plan to do muscle work 5 days a week and focus on a certain area each day. If anyone could give me a beginners 5 day programme that would be appreciated.

    I will be going to the gym everyday to do cardio too. How many minutes should I spend doing this? I was thinking 30 minutes cardio a day?

    Honestly it sounds like you're taking on too much. I would guess lke 80% (random made up stat ftw) of people who start lifting weights never get anywhere significant because they try and do 5/7 days of the week and burn out really quickly. Remember that less is sometimes more, your muscle grows when you're resting it not when constantly working it out. The gym is like the spark to start gaining muscle, eating and rest is where the actual muscle is repaired and built stronger. I would advise a 3 day split instead, because that's what's always worked for me, especially if you're just starting out.

    As for food, toast isn't great in the morning because it's just carbs and no protein. Maybe if you add peanut butter or something for a source of protein it would be better, but eggs and meat with bread on the side would probably be even better than that. I do like to get a source of carbs in the morning, but I usually eat porridge with a scoop of protein powder in it like Ham says.

    I would aim for at least 3000 calories if you're trying to gain muscle, with protein making up about 40-50% of that, I would always try and fall on the high side of protein because to me it's the most useful macro nutrient. Protein shakes are best after workouts and before bed, you're not eating for like 8 hours when you sleep so it's important to try and keep protein inside you for as long as possible to avoid muscle breakdown. I think cheat meals are better than cheat days, because I usually go OTT on cheat days and eat stupidly. I would usually get a pizza for tea like every week or so, it's up to you really though.

    Cardio can't hurt, just up your calories if you're trying to build muscle. Any cardio is fine, I suggest either something you find fun or just high intervals of activity followed by short rests (like sprints). Remember that it's a lot easier to have a phase when you try and gain muscle and then have a phase where you try and lose fat you accumulated along the way than to just try and gain muscle and no fat. It's not impossible to do that, but the progress is a lot slower and I would guess the end result not as good.
    avatar
    Dedge
     
     

    Posts : 1207
    Age : 23
    Location : Yorkshire

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Dedge on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:16 am

    Sup guys, just popped on here to have a read of this topic and what Zzonked has said above Forest, is pretty much correct!

    I've been on my bulk since end of August and put a good lot of size of an enough fat along the way but thats alright! Put like a stone on since I weighed myself before Napa and that was on clen so had not a lot of water weight in me. But I'm looking forward to cutting up again - need to start training my abs for gods sake! Said I'd do it like a month ago or so but really gunna' start soon!

    Jayx1012
     
     

    Posts : 397
    Age : 104

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Jayx1012 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:13 am

    Dedge wrote:Sup guys, just popped on here to have a read of this topic and what Zzonked has said above Forest, is pretty much correct!

    I've been on my bulk since end of August and put a good lot of size of an enough fat along the way but thats alright! Put like a stone on since I weighed myself before Napa and that was on clen so had not a lot of water weight in me. But I'm looking forward to cutting up again - need to start training my abs for gods sake! Said I'd do it like a month ago or so but really gunna' start soon!
    Clen as in Clenbuterol?

    Sponsored content

    Re: Weight Training and Fitness Thread.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:23 pm