Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Share

    Poll

    Who do you think?

    [ 3 ]
    30% [30%] 
    [ 2 ]
    20% [20%] 
    [ 3 ]
    30% [30%] 
    [ 1 ]
    10% [10%] 
    [ 1 ]
    10% [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

    Total Votes: 10
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 pm

    ConorCelticFC wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:I did lure you in, no need to expand on that. You know it deep down, and that is all that matters to me.

    Well you seem very certain about that but I can honestly swear on my life that I have no idea how you can be right.
    No need to swear on your life, I have no intent of making this so personal. It's not a big deal really, shit happens.

    Chris wrote:
    Eternal Witcher wrote:I can post my picture if such a big deal is going to be made of it. Not topless though, I'm sorry. This is a one time thing. As for my comments, I'm a sarcastic guy on here. Either you were too thick to register that then, or you ignored that in order to add it to your agenda. Why the anger?

    Spoiler:
    Well that was easy, misc engage!













    Very nice! This is the start of something great.

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by ConorCelticFC on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:43 am

    Di Caprio and Pitt would not be considered among the greatest actors of their generation if they weren't good looking. They wouldn't have even got 5% of the roles they have had over the years.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:49 am

    menalawyerguy wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    Oh I suppose you would prefer some baby faced phaggot like Leonardo DiCaprio.

    Well he is not on the same level as the men in this poll.



    DiCaprio has way more talent than Jason Statham. Statham plays the same monotone character in every single film. He delivers his lines in the exact same breathy tone of voice regardless of the situation or emotional state of his character. He has no range whatsoever. He's just a cardboard cutout who stars in blockbusters that draw big numbers because they have a lot of action and they blow stuff up.

    How about somebody with some actual range, like Daniel Day Lewis?
    Jason Statham plays the roles he is expected to perfectly. A cool tough guy who kicks ass and takes names. Leonardo DiCaprio could never come off as such a man because he has the face of a 5 year old.

    Also, Statham can do this..



    That is a real fight btw.
    avatar
    menalawyerguy
     
     

    Posts : 6547
    Age : 104

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by menalawyerguy on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 am

    Chris wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:



    DiCaprio has way more talent than Jason Statham. Statham plays the same monotone character in every single film. He delivers his lines in the exact same breathy tone of voice regardless of the situation or emotional state of his character. He has no range whatsoever. He's just a cardboard cutout who stars in blockbusters that draw big numbers because they have a lot of action and they blow stuff up.

    How about somebody with some actual range, like Daniel Day Lewis?
    Jason Statham plays the roles he is expected to perfectly. A cool tough guy who kicks ass and takes names. Leonardo DiCaprio could never come off as such a man because he has the face of a 5 year old.

    That proves my point. Stathum plays the same character in every movie: a monotone tough guy who's expression, emotional disposition and voice inflection never changes. DiCaprio plays a far greater range of roles than Statham would ever be asked to play. He obviously wouldn't pull off the one-dimensional tough guy as well as Statham would but he did pull of a pretty hard-nosed undercover cop from South Boston in The Departed with extremely convincing effect.



    btw, could you imagine Statham trying to play Howard Hughes?



    Also, Statham can do this..



    That is a real fight btw.



    Chuck Norris can fight too. Shit actor, though.
    avatar
    dena
     
     

    Posts : 18688
    Age : 28
    Location : only place to find base heads and hot women

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by dena on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:04 am

    Chris wrote:
    menalawyerguy wrote:



    DiCaprio has way more talent than Jason Statham. Statham plays the same monotone character in every single film. He delivers his lines in the exact same breathy tone of voice regardless of the situation or emotional state of his character. He has no range whatsoever. He's just a cardboard cutout who stars in blockbusters that draw big numbers because they have a lot of action and they blow stuff up.

    How about somebody with some actual range, like Daniel Day Lewis?
    Jason Statham plays the roles he is expected to perfectly. A cool tough guy who kicks ass and takes names. Leonardo DiCaprio could never come off as such a man because he has the face of a 5 year old.

    Also, Statham can do this..



    That is a real fight btw.

    Maaaan... rofl

    Statham and those Expendable guys are the most one dimensional dudes in film.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:09 am

    Agree completely with mena, surprisingly enough.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:13 am

    Chuck Norris has always been shit apart from one role he played..



    And Dena.. the main guy in The Expendables is Sylvester Stallone. He has been nominated for many awards including Golden Globes, Bafta's and an Oscar. He even did the movie "Copland" for barely anything to prove he is not just an action hero.

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Ra's al Ghul on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:42 am

    Chris wrote:Chuck Norris has always been shit apart from one role he played..



    And Dena.. the main guy in The Expendables is Sylvester Stallone. He has been nominated for many awards including Golden Globes, Bafta's and an Oscar. He even did the movie "Copland" for barely anything to prove he is not just an action hero.

    One Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor, one BAFTA nomination for Best Actor and one Academy Award nomination for Best Actor all for the same role... And he's the only one out of The Expendables cast (except Mickey Rourke and maybe at a push Bruce Willis) who have any sort of merit to their name with regards to acting ability. The rest are all appalling actors. Even Stallone isn't a very good actor. Look how many Razzie nominations he has. Laughing

    But you're trolling anyway so I probably shouldn't waste my time.
    avatar
    Zzonked
     
     

    Posts : 24277
    Age : 25

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Zzonked on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:15 am

    Really didn't like the Expendables, was just like an action wank off right in your face. They tried to add a plot but I seem to remember a 10 minute conversation with Mickey Rourke and Stallone where I couldn't understand anything and they just looked like their faces were about to melt off.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:59 am

    BladeGunner wrote:
    Chris wrote:Chuck Norris has always been shit apart from one role he played..



    And Dena.. the main guy in The Expendables is Sylvester Stallone. He has been nominated for many awards including Golden Globes, Bafta's and an Oscar. He even did the movie "Copland" for barely anything to prove he is not just an action hero.

    One Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor, one BAFTA nomination for Best Actor and one Academy Award nomination for Best Actor all for the same role... And he's the only one out of The Expendables cast (except Mickey Rourke and maybe at a push Bruce Willis) who have any sort of merit to their name with regards to acting ability. The rest are all appalling actors. Even Stallone isn't a very good actor. Look how many Razzie nominations he has. Laughing

    But you're trolling anyway so I probably shouldn't waste my time.
    I disagree. It is much harder to pull of being a legit action star like Stallone in blockbuster after blockbuster, than it is to act like a homosexual old man and bore the audience to death like Leonardo Dicaprio does in J Edgar.


    Zzonked wrote:Really didn't like the Expendables, was just like an action wank off right in your face. They tried to add a plot but I seem to remember a 10 minute conversation with Mickey Rourke and Stallone where I couldn't understand anything and they just looked like their faces were about to melt off.
    If you can't understand these 2 great men speaking, it was probably because your ear hair had grown too thick whilst watching the testosterone filled action scene's.

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Ra's al Ghul on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:12 am

    Chris wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

    One Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor, one BAFTA nomination for Best Actor and one Academy Award nomination for Best Actor all for the same role... And he's the only one out of The Expendables cast (except Mickey Rourke and maybe at a push Bruce Willis) who have any sort of merit to their name with regards to acting ability. The rest are all appalling actors. Even Stallone isn't a very good actor. Look how many Razzie nominations he has. Laughing

    But you're trolling anyway so I probably shouldn't waste my time.
    I disagree. It is much harder to pull of being a legit action star like Stallone in blockbuster after blockbuster, than it is to act like a homosexual old man and bore the audience to death like Leonardo Dicaprio does in J Edgar.

    Lol, blockbuster after blockbuster? Like the second highest grossing film of all time? Like Inception, Shutter Island, The Departed, Romeo and Juliet, Blood Diamond and Catch Me If You Can? Even more dramatic films like The Aviator and Gangs of New York did well at the box office. Not to mention that they were all actually good movies as opposed to most of the crap that Stallone makes. At the age of 37 he's already a more successful and better actor than most of these clowns you revere will ever be.
    avatar
    dena
     
     

    Posts : 18688
    Age : 28
    Location : only place to find base heads and hot women

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by dena on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:13 am

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:16 am

    dena wrote:

    rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:44 am

    rofl
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:45 am

    BladeGunner wrote:
    Chris wrote:
    I disagree. It is much harder to pull of being a legit action star like Stallone in blockbuster after blockbuster, than it is to act like a homosexual old man and bore the audience to death like Leonardo Dicaprio does in J Edgar.

    Lol, blockbuster after blockbuster? Like the second highest grossing film of all time? Like Inception, Shutter Island, The Departed, Romeo and Juliet, Blood Diamond and Catch Me If You Can? Even more dramatic films like The Aviator and Gangs of New York did well at the box office. Not to mention that they were all actually good movies as opposed to most of the crap that Stallone makes. At the age of 37 he's already a more successful and better actor than most of these clowns you revere will ever be.
    If Jason Statham had took his role in most of those films, they would be much better. Although I will agree with you there are some great movies in that list, not because of DiCaprio though.. because of the script and great directing.

    dena wrote:

    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:20 am

    Van Damme is the greatest actor of all time.

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by ConorCelticFC on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 am



    Tell me you don't take roids Chris.

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Carlos Jenkinson on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:42 am

    Chris wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

    Lol, blockbuster after blockbuster? Like the second highest grossing film of all time? Like Inception, Shutter Island, The Departed, Romeo and Juliet, Blood Diamond and Catch Me If You Can? Even more dramatic films like The Aviator and Gangs of New York did well at the box office. Not to mention that they were all actually good movies as opposed to most of the crap that Stallone makes. At the age of 37 he's already a more successful and better actor than most of these clowns you revere will ever be.
    If Jason Statham had took his role in most of those films, they would be much better. Although I will agree with you there are some great movies in that list, not because of DiCaprio though.. because of the script and great directing.

    dena wrote:


    Looks like the guy who ate that vatos face off in Miami
    avatar
    Forest
     
     

    Posts : 4380
    Age : 23

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Forest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:43 am

    Chris wrote:
    BladeGunner wrote:

    Lol, blockbuster after blockbuster? Like the second highest grossing film of all time? Like Inception, Shutter Island, The Departed, Romeo and Juliet, Blood Diamond and Catch Me If You Can? Even more dramatic films like The Aviator and Gangs of New York did well at the box office. Not to mention that they were all actually good movies as opposed to most of the crap that Stallone makes. At the age of 37 he's already a more successful and better actor than most of these clowns you revere will ever be.
    If Jason Statham had took his role in most of those films, they would be much better. Although I will agree with you there are some great movies in that list, not because of DiCaprio though.. because of the script and great directing.

    dena wrote:



    rofl rofl rofl
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:48 am

    dena wrote:
    You are seriously the best member on this forum. rofl
    avatar
    Mouse
     
     

    Posts : 17009
    Age : 21
    Location : Cymru
    Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Mouse on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:14 am

    avatar
    Keanoo
     
     

    Posts : 11774
    Age : 24
    Supports : Manchester United

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Keanoo on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:20 am

    Ryan Gosling.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:53 am

    Adam Sandler.

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by ConorCelticFC on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 am

    In all seriousness, Dylan Moran or Jason Gann. There aren't really any Walkens or De Niros or Al Pacinos from this generation. The nearest one to that status is Bale for me.
    avatar
    Phadunkin Donuts
     
     

    Posts : 14773
    Age : 29

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Phadunkin Donuts on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:01 am

    Keanoo wrote:Ryan Gosling.

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Ra's al Ghul on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:18 am

    There are plenty of very talented actors out there at the moment. I've already mentioned Daniel Day-Lewis and he's undoubtedly one of the greatest actors ever. If we're talking at around that age then there are others like Russell Crowe, Viggo Mortensen, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Javier Bardem who are all very accomplished. Younger than that and you've got the likes of Christian Bale, Michael Fassbender and Joaquin Phoenix but their careers are still very young so it's not exactly fair to compare them to greats like De Niro and Pacino.
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Guest on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 am

    William Rufus Shafter for sure.

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by SophisticatedBeggar on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:21 am



    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by ConorCelticFC on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:24 am

    BladeGunner wrote:There are plenty of very talented actors out there at the moment. I've already mentioned Daniel Day-Lewis and he's undoubtedly one of the greatest actors ever. If we're talking at around that age then there are others like Russell Crowe, Viggo Mortensen, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Javier Bardem who are all very accomplished. Younger than that and you've got the likes of Christian Bale, Michael Fassbender and Joaquin Phoenix but their careers are still very young so it's not exactly fair to compare them to greats like De Niro and Pacino.

    Aye but Brando was still Brando when he was young, know what I mean? Same with De Niro and Pacino. I think it's fair to say that Fassbender, Phoenix and Bale will never reach that level. Phoenix was brilliant in Walk The Line to be fair, very underrated.

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Ra's al Ghul on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:25 am

    kyro7 wrote:William Rufus Shafter for sure.

    Laughing

    SophisticatedBeggar wrote:

    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Ralph Fiennes is a god. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. His performance in Schindler's List is probably my favourite performance of all time.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Greatest Actor Of Our Generation

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:35 am