Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+55
Marvin
dena
SophisticatedBeggar
Stranger
Novi
Bye_Ya
Jeff
Ham.
Royal
Theo Filippo
PrideOfTheMidlands
Start.
Mvan
limerickcitykid
Yrael
Jordan Henderchip
The Maestro
Harrold
CollieBuddz
blackskar
crump
Dean
Ra's al Ghul
MickStupp
Forest
menalawyerguy
Clark
Paulinho
ConorCelticFC
arsenalap11
Mouse
ShakerMatty
Jorlung
Andy
Trent
sunmoon
George
JK
ResurrectionRooney
Kuled
Danny
Juventino
Sean
VivaRonaldoLAD
Jord
Mal
Cam
TheRangersFan
SBSP
Keanoo
Pippo
El_indian
Childish Logic
Zzonked
MrBlueguy
59 posters

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Cam Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:05 am

notsrs
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 7 Empty Re: Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:09 am

Eternal Witcher wrote:Doubt it.

10/10
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:11 am

And yes, I really did. It was the next night after it happened.
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:20 pm

Drew wrote:
    I loved the film though.. hell yes 10/10

Agreed, best trilogy ever made.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:21 pm

Juventino wrote:
    Drew wrote:
    I loved the film though.. hell yes 10/10

Agreed, best trilogy ever made.
    Oh no you didn't. Crying or Very sad
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:36 pm

He's obviously never seen the Godfather, which despite having a final act that's at best a 7.5, tops Batman.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Formerly known as : Prince

Post by ayvee1 Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:37 pm

dena wrote:He's obviously never seen the Godfather, which despite having a final act that's at best a 7.5, tops Batman.
    Agreed.
    Juventino
    Juventino

Supports : Llorente

Post by Juventino Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:46 pm

dena wrote:He's obviously never seen the Godfather, which despite having a final act that's at best a 7.5, tops Batman.

No, I have. Godfather III isn't even a 7.5. Having a mediocre final act is what tainted that trilogy.

The first two films are brilliant, but that third part just doesn't exist to me. Shit screenplay compared to the first two and Coppola cast his talentless daughter to play Michael's daughter. Wtf was that about?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:49 pm

If only there was a trilogy where all three acts were brilliant. deal with it

Cam
    Cam

Supports : Liverpool Football Club

Post by Cam Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:50 pm

The original Star Wars trilogy
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:If only there was a trilogy where all three acts were brilliant. deal with it

Naked Gun.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Yeah, I invited this.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Lord Of The Rings
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:57 pm

Drew wrote:Lord Of The Rings
    Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 7 Bve7V
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:02 pm

What happened to you OJ.
    El_indian
    El_indian

Supports : funny

Post by El_indian Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:03 pm

I've read the Godfather book and the movies don't compare.

This was 5 years ago, I probably need to watch them again.

I actually enjoyed the 3rd movie because it wasn't part of the books and so I didn't know what was going to happen.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:05 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:If only there was a trilogy where all three acts were brilliant. deal with it

Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy then.

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 7 3925848005
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 7 LWFCJ
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:09 pm

The flying/gliding bits in Batman Begins came off as quite weird. Not sure if he pulled those moves in TDK.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:16 pm

Yeah I don't think he did; that shit was weird though.

Batman Begins was on the television a few nights ago, which I watched back to back.

It showed him making the contraption as well, so he could glide.
    Danny
    Danny

Post by Danny Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:The flying/gliding bits in Batman Begins came off as quite weird. Not sure if he pulled those moves in TDK.
    Only one that comes to mind was jumping off the building in Hong Kong in the Dark Knight. There was certainly a lot less in the the last 2 movies. Got the first on DVD the other day, God his Batsuit improved. Laughing

Last edited by Danny on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Pippo
    Pippo

Formerly known as : Pippo Inzaghi

Post by Pippo Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Juventino wrote:

No, I have. Godfather III isn't even a 7.5. Having a mediocre final act is what tainted that trilogy.

The first two films are brilliant, but that third part just doesn't exist to me. Shit screenplay compared to the first two and Coppola cast his talentless daughter to play Michael's daughter. Wtf was that about?

I found the 3rd one to be a good movie, but then again I have never seen the first two.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Toy Story. Recently Watched Movies/General Movie Discussion - Page 7 3925848005

100%, 100%, 99% on RT.
    Phadunkin Donuts
    Phadunkin Donuts

Post by Phadunkin Donuts Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:00 pm

I have to agree with this ^
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Pippo wrote:
    Juventino wrote:

I found the 3rd one to be a good movie, but then again I have never seen the first two.
    Missing out man. Get the first two watched, pronto.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:14 pm

ayvee1 wrote:
    Pippo wrote:

Missing out man. Get the first two watched, pronto.
    He's just being typical Pip.
    ayvee1
    ayvee1

Post by ayvee1 Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Typical or not, you don't just watch GFIII without watching the first two.
    SBSP
    SBSP

Post by SBSP Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:21 pm

You (say you) do if you're Pip.
    dena
    dena

Post by dena Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Juventino wrote:

How many times have you seen it? It came out way too late and the plot the first time around is confusing, but I thought after a few watches it was actually decent and tied up Micheal's story pretty well. A major theme throughout the movie has been how he
    Spoiler:
    the montage at the end showing his relationship with all three was pretty emotional. Plus it has one of the GOAT godfather quotes.

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."
    Mouse
    Mouse

Supports : Sweden Women's National Handball Team

Post by Mouse Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Eternal Witcher wrote:Doubt it.

I like The Dark Knight Rises although

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 pm